ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust blow/engine mounts

Black 182
Has anyone come across a problem where their exhaust blows under full load especially audible around 2500 - 3500 rpm but ok otherwise.

Had brand new milltek fitted from cat back, no detectable leaks, new springs and sealing ring into flexi joint on downpipe.

I'm wondering if the engine is moving under full load and pulling apart the flexi pipe . . . . . . It is doing my head in!!

Matt

RS RIP
i'm wondering about the flexi-joint ... because there is'nt one on a 182 ??

am i wrong ??

Black 182
Yeah its a sort of spring loaded thing just before the cat, two plates held together by sprung bolts, theres a cone shaped ring inside. . . . .

RB 182
i had exactly the same sound and it was that stupid joint between the de-cat pipe and centre section. took it to powerflow and the put some decent flange joints in and bolted it together. makes putting cat back in easier now to. no leaks and sounds much better as the dropped the centre silencer out at the same time.

Black 182
Bump,

It's a sort of a hissing sound almost like the air intake makes but a bit more 'blowy'

Trophy #473
lambda sensors(s) lose, used to sound like a rattling heat shield and a hissing sound, mite be worth a check.

i had this on mine