ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust popping

If when you come off the go pedal, as the engine drops revs, the zorst goes pop pop pop.

Does this mean its running rich or what?

Ive got an ecotek which is supposed to burn the throttle-overrun fuel so what is it?

FRST and 106 GTi

zorst? by the pop pop pop I assume its the backbox.

If so, its because its to open... good for exhaust flow in high rpm but not so good when going down because there is too much opening at the end.

Dont know if this is right... just got this at the time I was into hacking the backbox... Only made junk, not that gain was achived. :(

it can happen when the engine runs rich and lean on overun, whic isnt too bad for teh motor.

On my XR2 i have set the idle jet lean so it pops alot! well, more like burble pops constantly on overrun.

Its just unburnt fuel in both cases collecting on baffling and then burning when it collects enough.....thats all....

FRST and 106 GTi

When I had the Super5 GTR I worked at school a pipe for the exhaust. It would replace the exit tube from the middle box till the end of the car... it started o and finished O... on full throttle it was ok... just a lound VRUMMM.. when idle.. Plop plop plop plop.

Got the ralenti up to 1100rpm with new gicleur. No air filter, just a pipe to the front grid.

What a loud slow beast. eheh

Clio Gtt

if it is running lean how do you adjust it because i have the same problem i even get flames and seem to use alot of petrol

then U would be running rich.....enough to reach the end of the exhaust....

also...did renault make a "bronzy-orangey-red MK1 1. "?

u would have to play with your ECU....and there are many ways to do so.....best visit nick hill.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

the exhaust popping is fun, been told that sometimes i get sparks come out the back.

BenR, bronzy-orangey-red MK1 1.4 resprayed, BTW looked good at the meet.

Clio Gtt

james its only a 1.2 mate, you have the green rt with twin zorst dont ya, i did not see you at southend.

Golf GTTDI 130PD

My 1.4 pops very happily with its powerflow system, sounds the part hehe.

Cat-replacements pipes do increase it as well.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

juss, i was at southend but not in the clio cos it was at the garage.

Are you coming up to the guilford meet? want to get my boot done the same as yours, how much did it set you back?

and yeah ive got the twins.

williams and trophy

yep mines popped since i put the de-cat on too

but ive been told now that the powerflow exhaust spits flames out....... ged n colin told me on the way to the r/r day. i was happy with that lol

jon

Clio Gtt

i done the boot my self mate.

if your going to do it take your time. the hard part is sothing the bottom bit

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

i started to have a go at it but gave up when the boot solenoid i had blew up so gave up, for now