ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Rattle only when Hot.... :-(

RS 172
Hey guy's/girls..

I'm struggling to work out where my exhaust is rattling.

Got a stealth box, it has had a new bracket fitted at the back with extra padding so it does not sag.

Had the exhaust on a ramp and given it a good shake but cant seem to find the place its rattling. It was not hot when on the ramp, but i couldn't see where it could be hitting anything.

It only seem's to happen when i pull away... ANY help would be great as this is really starting to piss me off!

Cheers all.

G.

RS 172
Guy's i think you might be right.... :-(

Just been to have a play, not done much... but push the centre section it sound like the baffles are loose.

Anyone know if i can buy just a mid section for a KTR stealth?

Cheers
G.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Are you the 1st owner of it? As you get lifetime warranty, i think some older stealths were prone to this problem.

if it's not warranteed, i believe KTEC do sell the individual sections but best check directly as it was a while since my enquiry

RS 172
Are you the 1st owner of it? As you get lifetime warranty, i think some older stealths were prone to this problem.

Nope.. :-( 3rd owner of the Exhaust i think.

mine exact same. mate says center sectoion clamp has come loose slightley so its going in 2morrow

Going to jack it up first and check me thinks..

if it's not warranteed, i believe KTEC do sell the individual sections but best check directly as it was a while since my enquiry

Will buzz them tomorrow...

Thanks for all the replay guys... :D

RS RIP
mine was rattling , only when hot aswell. i found out it was my back exhaust mount ( backbox) which touched the mount on the car. This one had no more space to adjust ; the oval holes used to mount it to the car were at it's end. I gave the holes some extra space by drilling them out a bit and mounted the bracket back a bit , so the exhaustbracket was'nt touchin the mount bracket anymore... that make sense ? :eek:

The exhaust expands something like 3-5mm when hot in total length.

172 cup
my bangs about all over the place need to get that sorted really lol but oh well my heatshielding rattles too id say its that dude

Matty

RS 172
mine was rattling , only when hot aswell. i found out it was my back exhaust mount ( backbox) which touched the mount on the car. This one had no more space to adjust ; the oval holes used to mount it to the car were at it's end. I gave the holes some extra space by drilling them out a bit and mounted the bracket back a bit , so the exhaustbracket was'nt touchin the mount bracket anymore... that make sense ? :eek:

The exhaust expands something like 3-5mm when hot in total length.

Yeah, with you.. I still think it might be touching at the back too.

Going to see if i can do what you have suggested...

Cheers

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
nope wasnt the center secton clamp:dapprove:

any ideas. only realy hear it after 3500rpm then its just a very fast squeeking sound at the top of the revs? :S

clio 172
that'll be the centre section, common fault on the stealth systems. i got a centre section from ktek i never fitted if you want it?