ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust - Warranty?

Was driving along yesterday and my backbox fell off on my 172!
I had to take it off the bracket as it was dragging down the road as the joint between the box and the midsection had basically rotted through.

Will this be covered under the Renault warranty or is it classed as "wear and tear"?

It would appear that I've had the same thing happen over the weekend. The 'stealth' back box is now wholly visible from the back of the car, having dropped down about 4 inches or so from the bottom of the car. It's making an awful noise and sounds like I've had a stupid aftermarket exhaust fitted.

Putting my hand over the end of it whilst running I can't see anything coming out of it down the line, but it could be pointing towards the top - if the joint is a problem then it'd make sense.

Might take it to Kwik Fit and ask them to look at it for me but tell them I don't want them to do anything as I want to try and source an original replacement for it. I'm not too fussed about that - an original will just fail again - but I do want a stealth replacement.

If its under any warently it should be covered they might try arguing but its not fit for purpose if it falls off that quickly so use that legal law.

Common problem on the 172 though 3 years old they fall off at the back box to exhaust pipe.