ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expensive Week :/

2004 clio 182
I bought my clio 182 6 months ago from a middle aged guy who lived 10 minutes away from me, he bought the clio brand new and i bought it from him with 44k on the clock! This history the previous owner collected was amazing! He kept all the reciepts for work done, every single invoice and any other bit of paper work that the car ever had - all presented neatly in 2 folders!

So because of his previous care and attention to detail, i have tried to continue this in my ownership!

This week has been 1 years tax - £245, £218 - Mot, £148 - full service, 4 new tyres - £260 (falken ze-914's) wait for the abuse ;)

= £871 :eek:

Touch wood the car is good for at least 12 months cause ive just taken a new job which is half my current salary!

d6n

Ph2 172
My 172 needs the following-

Both driveshafts replacing
Full shock / springs changing
Belts and dephaser
Battery
Rear disc / pads
New tyres soon.

That's it I think.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I R CONFUSED? OP buys car, then OP has to pay to run car. Very strange turn of events occurring there.

Odd.

I'd call Renault UK and complain TBH...

Seriously though, I hope your original salary was hilariously large as a 50% paycut would hurt 99% of the world's population at the best of times !

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Look on the bright side;

This week next year will be nearly just as expensive, as you will likely need nearly all of what you paid for again. At least you'll know it's coming though :)

2004 clio 182
Thats the last post i make on here! I said an expensive week cause most people wouldnt do this stuff all in one week! Reason for doing this is hopefully this will see me through my years internship - which is a 50% paycut! Like i said, the car is mint so i took it to a garage which has a excellent reputation and the service is excellent - so thats why labour is higher than usual!

Honestly, miserable bunch of sarcastic c*nts on here!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry OP - I have sad panda face now. It is quite a lot in one go, so you should have got 6 months tax to avoid being in the same position next year. Fingers crossed it sees you through the year and good luck with your internship.

Clio 172 ph2
^^^hahahaha^^^^ Laughing at the tampon comment!

Don't worry buddy... I went in for a service once and walked away with a bill for £2500!!!

Last edited:
  S4 Avant
£98 labour for an exhaust clamp and two handbrake cables?

Have you ever changed either of those items?

...Have you ever actually tried making a living from fixing other peoples cars?

Lets say he has spent 2 hours of his time on it, that's £49 per hour. Out of that has to come his rates, the wages he pays his staff, the cost of the tools he uses, all the consumables that will be used doing the job. He'll make f*ck all on the parts, if anything at all. You're really going to give some one a hard time for charging £98 for their time?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Lets say he has spent 2 hours of his time on it, that's £49 per hour. Out of that has to come his rates, the wages he pays his staff, the cost of the tools he uses, all the consumables that will be used doing the job. He'll make f*ck all on the parts, if anything at all. You're really going to give some one a hard time for charging £98 for their time?

Err, it was a question. Nowhere in this whole thread have I said £98 labour for the above items was 'over priced'. I haven't given him a hard time for someone charging what in my eyes is upto them to charge whatever they want. I was more amazed that out of most of the items listed above, I would class them as normal car running costs (MOT, tyres, tax). These shouldn't have come as a surprise.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I love CS... One guy simply states he's had an expensive week and now we're arguing about how much he paid for stuff.

Yes that is an expensive week fella but if it keeps your Clio in tip top shape then worth it... Mine probably needs ££££'s spent on it to get it mint :(

S4 Avant
Err, it was a question. Nowhere in this whole thread have I said £98 labour for the above items was 'over priced'. I haven't given him a hard time for someone charging what in my eyes is upto them to charge whatever they want. I was more amazed that out of most of the items listed above, I would class them as normal car running costs (MOT, tyres, tax). These shouldn't have come as a surprise.

That's fair enough then, nothing boils my piss more than people wanting something for nothing.

I had a mate who was charged £700 for a service, 2 tyres and disks and pads on a 2 year old car. That's expensive.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
That's fair enough then, nothing boils my piss more than people wanting something for nothing.

I had a mate who was charged £700 for a service, 2 tyres and disks and pads on a 2 year old car. That's expensive.

I agree. And just to prove how much I agree, all my work has been done by K-Tec, and yes, they are expensive, but they never let me down and I believe you get what you pay for. My record is £3.2k (not the clio) for a major service - lol, the car got sold shortly after it as I just couldn't afford to keep running it like that!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Id have fitted all that for £40 :rasp: