ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Experts opinion needed!!!!

soon: 172 Cup
Hi all.

Right the time has come, 172 CUP or 172 Fat?

I am at a right end here deciding and i need some useful input. I like the idea of the cup suspension upgrades, wheels etc and how its got the grin factor, or do i get the leather, climate and Xenons. I actually woke up this morning thinking about it haha! Remember i am a 21 year old bloke and i do like my cars but i am not sure i want it for comfort or speediness (yes that is a word.......haha!)

Is the 172 Fat ALOT slower than the Cup, are there any major noticable differences?!?!

What are peoples personal preferences (bar i own a 182 and get that! as i cannot really afford one or the insurance!)

Your help would be mucho appreciated!

Revels Mum & Sister
LOL the cup isnt hugely different

I would go for a full fat 172 as Xenons, Climate and Leather/Alc appeal to me more. Maybe whack some coilovers on there as well!

Depends what you want to do with the car. There not much difference bwetween full fat adn Cup. Personally in my situation I'd go full fat only if I did less milage I'd go Cup. Then again I'd get a phase 1 anyway.

Monaco Blue 172
hehe dont worry! for this kind of dilemma there are plenty of "experts" on here!!! :argue:

personally, i got ff cos i likes my luxuries, and i dont want to always be driving on the edge of my seat :eek:

i knew there would be mixed opinions.

If there is no much difference power wise i think i will go full fat.

There is a lovely Flame Red, V.Good mileage, unfortunatley he does not want P/X so i need to sell mine first.

Clio 172 mk2
Full fat

When you get used to it you can upgrade the suspension anyway which will make it handle better than the cup

Personally cup, but there's very little in it in performance.

I could drop a little bomb begining with 'A' now but I don't want to be held responisble for what would happen to this thread.

Personally cup, but there's very little in it in performance.

I could drop a little bomb beginning with 'A' now but I don't want to be held responisble for what would happen to this thread.

172 cup
i test drove the 182 with cup bits a 172ff and the cup

air con would have been nice but i found the cup the most enjoyably to drive

Clio 172 mk2
MarkCup said:
That's a BOLD statement...are you at Brands next Monday?

No I'm not

I'm sick to the teeth of this splitting hairs over cup/full fat....the truth is on average British roads with average joe behind the wheel the differences in a - b speed are going to be so minmal.

Personally I prefer seats which aren't low rent and air con so I don't get sweaty in the summer months.

MINI JCW
Neil G said:
No I'm not

I'm sick to the teeth of this splitting hairs over cup/full fat....the truth is on average British roads with average joe behind the wheel the differences in a - b speed are going to be so minmal.

Personally I prefer seats which aren't low rent and air con so I don't get sweaty in the summer months.

Agree totally, the differences between 172/172 cup in terms of handling/performance are so minimal.

The same applies to 182/182 with cup bits/182cup/182 trophy

The Cup will render you a jaffa, as your stones will be sweltering in a thousand degree heat while your back is soaked with sweat and stuck to the chair.

PS. 182Cup is for real men who want to stay cool while they dominate the FF cars ;)

lol @ starting an argument, i think that happens alot here!

I think i am siding with the 172 Cup, prefer the look and not really bothered about Zenons/ Leather (which you will stick to in the summer anyways)

I am thinking Blue 182 Cup with engine dress up and a few cheeky bits of Carbon on Anthracite wheels :D

Clio 172 mk2
Saxo03 said:
lol @ starting an argument, i think that happens alot here!

I think i am siding with the 172 Cup, prefer the look and not really bothered about Zenons/ Leather (which you will stick to in the summer anyways)

I am thinking Blue 182 Cup with engine dress up and a few cheeky bits of Carbon on Anthracite wheels :D

I forgot about the xenons...now they are very good.

At the end of the day I suppose it depends on personal preference and what you intend on doing with the car.