ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

extracting power from f4r

172, 320td
Im convinced that many people on here debating about a couple of bhp increase here and there should sell their clios and buy a wrx... Of course its your own choice to spend money on your car to chase power but if you dont like a stock(ish) clio you probably wont love a highly modified one - especially when you start to regret all money you spent...
just my 2 cents
ps if your clio is a dedicated track car and you are a rich b*****d then obviously this doesnt apply :)

I think the reason people spend so much money on there clio isn't because they dislike it, its because they love it so much, and a few tuning mods like cams and a map and you'd give a Scooby a hell of a good run for its money, mine beats a standard wrx. And you get more of a kick, beating fast cars in your clio, than just having a known fast car to start with. But as you said, its down to personal taste

172, Tiguan
It looks a quick car but is wishy washy in the corners, slack as a lady of the nights chuff at the rear which I like :cool:.

I was just wondering if they were running "r" tyres back then.

I have a hunch Yoz always ran on Pilot Cup Sports. Years ago now though, I was using ACB10's on mine!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Should be easily achievable when you consider the minis are doing 63's with 130 ponies. Did you get a rough lap time in your current spec 230bhp????? car?

Never really timed it due to not wanting to push it too hard, passengers on every session and then the alternator packing in. Forgot as well, you'll have a diff and I wont so that'll give me and boost even more satisfaction beating n/a. lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Never really timed it due to not wanting to push it too hard, passengers on every session and then the alternator packing in. Forgot as well, you'll have a diff and I wont so that'll give me and boost even more satisfaction beating n/a. lol

You certianly need a diff more than he does as you actually have some torque.

How come you havent got one? Or it is just a case of not getting round to it yet?

I think I would sooner have low boost and a diff than high boost without, lol

172 cup, Impreza P1
You certianly need a diff more than he does as you actually have some torque.

How come you havent got one? Or it is just a case of not getting round to it yet?

I think I would sooner have low boost and a diff than high boost without, lol

Not made my mind up on boxes yet TBH and also current funds with a new baby has put it to the back burner. A diff is on the cards but will probably go O2M with a quaife and get the scoff treatment done DIY of course.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah VW box makes a lot of sense, thats what I would do I think if keeping my car long term, but obviously I have the honda engine and box to do for the mk1 next year so no point me spending that sort of money on the turbo.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sadly you've not driven yours yet eh? ;)

Incorrect actually, I drove it about 10 miles that day you and emma popped round to borrow some bits (jump leads or something?) when I first started knocking up a basemap to get the williams engine to run on the autronic. :p
It was the last day before the old MOT ran out so I needed to at least get the emissions close ish for a new one.

Cup In bits
believe it or not the Yoz video of it bombing round spa was on Toyo T1R's (or maybe T1-S') 205/50 15's i rebuilt the gearbox the night before, have a read of how i got it home LOL! http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?260979-A-day-in-the-life-of-a-JC5&highlight=JC5+life

That explains the high pitch squealing then.

Thought your alternator might have brought the end of play before a lap. Another case of turbo unreliability (jokes btw)

Pictures were rare in those days, not like now where you can have them online 5mins after taking them.

Most the time we just didn't bother, as it was too much hassle getting them from the photographer.

I was the same until 2 years ago, no time for cameras.

Millington BDA engine (they use GT cams BTW ;)) are only £25K a pop

I'll have 2 lol. That's crazy cheap though, it must be original ford castings that are selling for stupid money.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Thought your alternator might have brought the end of play before a lap. Another case of turbo unreliability (jokes bt)

The alternator and ps pump were the only things used from the n/a engine and they let the turbo lump down! :(