ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**k it, everyone else is doing it! A 172 sandwich.

Bumblebee
Bought on the 15th of October 2005 from Falkirk, a fairly shiny ph1 172 with 46000 miles on the clock... Was so chuffed having come from a Rover 100 'Kensington' (dont ask:( );)

2005_1127Image0023.jpg

Then a few mods, including Phase 2 lights (cheers John) colour coded strut brace, chrome strut tops and engine cover, K&N Element with hillpower bend, and a few layers of wax...

100_0283.jpg

100_0281-1.jpg

100_0290.jpg

Silvervisions also... I got a bit excited over this pic.:dead: :eek:

100_0010.jpg

100_0193.jpg

Then i sold it in March 2006 to a young guy in Edinburgh. havent seen it since but im sure its in good hands. (def the better of the 172's)

At this point I bought this 306 Rallye. The best car I have owned for sure, with the gearbox and the driving position far far superior than the 172, and just as much fun to drive.

100_0579.jpg

100_0334.jpg

100_0721.jpg

Unfortunately the 65 Litre fuel tank and the fact it was on about 76000 miles made me decide to sell up in August this year. however it was a very fine 5 months of ownership:)

Ended up buying this from Birmingham as kinda of an investment (got it at a cheap price) but mainly cause i missed a mini as a daily driver since my 1972 was on bricks.

100_1203.jpg

It broke down 6 weeks later:eek:

Then on the 13th of October, I purchased this with 21000 miles on the clock from a girl about half a mile away. Completely standard and in excellent condition.

So far, Cup splitter, couple of decals, engine detail and a good clean. i have full grooved disk setup and eibach sportlines sitting in the garage to be fitted. Possibly a new system in the new year as its still on the original Renault one (not bad eh?!);)

A few pics...

100_1571.jpg

100_1382.jpg

100_1652.jpg

100_1713.jpg

100_1739.jpg

100_1760.jpg

Sorry for the length guys!!

Almost makes me miss my Monaco 172 seeing your pics John, very similar to how mine looked. But I still get bitter thinking about how it turned out in the end... :(

Bumblebee
She is making me keep this one for a while mate, however i am going to see a Vee this week so how knows!

I have the sportlines and brake set up to put on next month then maybe a zorst and thats it. Cant afford to do anything with the other cars requiring so much attention.

What about yours mate?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Re: f**k it, everyone else is doing it! A 172 sandwich.

She is making me keep this one for a while mate, however i am going to see a Vee this week so how knows!

I have the sportlines and brake set up to put on next month then maybe a zorst and thats it. Cant afford to do anything with the other cars requiring so much attention.

What about yours mate?

Vee! everyone's getting a vee, There won't be one left for me! :( ;)
I would recommend Prospeed for your exhaust but thats gonna be a bit of a journey...
Mine - not much really, still need to take the viper off and stick it on the rollers again (next week maybe - but then I said that last year)
and give it a clean every once in a while - so all very boring really.

Will look out for pics of your vee in the next couple of weeks ;)

Bumblebee
Cheers man, managed to get the sportlines fitted yesterday so will get some pics up asap. Still hasnt settled properly just yet.

Lotus Elise 111R

Great pics there, love that 172 colour of course, the best for the 172 and officially the rarest.... Love the picture with the bridge behind as well.

FF Blackgold 182

Great pics John. I can't wait to get out with the camera again in the new year. I have got a few from North Wales last month,b ut I haven't processed them yet, as my pc has died.:( Gonna fix it or replace it soon and then I'll post them up.;)