ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2015 Next Gen

Impreza RB5 #054
You can't compare a 'normal' racing game to an F1 game.

Yeah it's still cars round a track, but it's just not the same.

Why? Don't get me wrong, I'm a big F1 fan and put hundreds possibly thousand hours into the last 3 games online.
I suspect it's because I was so let down by 2014 I'm expecting 2015 to be the same.

I didn't bother with 2014 - waited for the Xbox One game to come out.

Normal racing games bore me after a few hours playing. No real direction. At least with the F1 game you know the drivers, teams and have a championship to fight for.

Makes it unique.

RS Clio 182
PS4 gameplay looks decent,graphics not mindblowing or anything though...and its still pretty much the same HUD as last gen. Still looking forwarding to playing on it - tracks like Brazil & Austria should be brilliant to race on. I will wait a couple of months as im still well into Pcars and i see what bug/glitches this has on launch (which normally happens with F1 games).

I was hoping for a lot more finer details for this gen of consoles - like marshals & cranes getting retired cars,but cant see it happening?

Goliath I
I bought 2014 and was disappointed that it was no more than an update of the previous title, even the race engineers lines were the same.

I'm hoping this has had a good overhaul.

Golf R/Leon FR
Did anyone else realise that this game doesn't have a career mode?!
Basically all you can do is play championship mode where you play the current season as a real driver and have to start over again and repeat.
This has made me decide not to buy it, very poor from CM.

Did anyone else realise that this game doesn't have a career mode?!
Basically all you can do is play championship mode where you play the current season as a real driver and have to start over again and repeat.
This has made me decide not to buy it, very poor from CM.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

I hope you aren't seriois? So basically the only reason I bought the xbox one has turned out to be not even worth buying?

@Lee any comment on this mate?

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm being totally serious! The other mode is pro mode which is from what I've read championship mode but with no assists.
Basically you can't play over several seasons as yourself.

RS Clio 182
I knew you had to be a real driver this time but you cant even string 5 seasons together and swap teams?! That is ridiculous....the F1 games was all about career mode for me. Theres no goal in the game now imo

Goliath I
Surely that can't be right? I thought (or hoped) the Career mode would have a big overhaul, with more emphasis on what you do reflecting what teams you get offers with etc...

The whole point was to start at the bottom, then make your way to the top. Just racing a single season with no reward is utterly pointless.

Exactly. If you cant have 5/6/7 seasons onthe spin, with offers to move to better teams etc - I wont buy it. Simple as.

I dont want a great looking arcade game. Talk about dumbing down for the masses...

Golf R/Leon FR
I've checked codies forum and loads of people are not happy at the omission. CM say they didn't include it as people on the forum say they didn't play it, but I think they are using that as an excuse to revamp it for 2016.
They've not exactly told people either so a lot of gamers will be furious when they go to play it on Friday.

SQ5
Lol I think I played that one where your dropped into a situation twice but majority of people will play career as "themselves"

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Cash cow, they got people on board with the early games. And lets be honest there is zero other choice.

Meh didn't miss 2014, won't miss '15

WR1 impreza
Not happy to find out about the career mode a couple of days before release. They kept that quiet, because i certainly wouldn't have bothered. Whats the point if you cant progress? Feels like a waste of money already and it hasn't been dispatched

Golf R/Leon FR
It's shambolic from CM is it. I agree with the graphics. Lee has retweeted some comparison vids from previous F1 games to 15 and it is only a slight improvement. From what he forum says career won't be patched in.

Goliath I
So no career mode, no safety car and no DLC. And I thought this was supposed to be the revamped next gen version, what an absolute joke.

Imagine EA tried to release FIFA with only Custom Cup...

I can't believe how angry I am at a freaking computer game. So sad, but so angry.

Didn't get 2014 as I was waiting for this. Now it seems I need to wait until 2016 for a finished game.

Goliath I
I know. I don't buy many games on release, but always have done for the F1 games because I just plough hours into them. But spending £50 for a game that is a lesser version than the 2014 game, which even that had only had the teams and livery updated and the classic content removed form 2013 game!

RS Clio 182
Hmmmm shambles really,espeically when you see how good Dirt Rally looks! Il pick it up cheaper later in the year after im done with Pcars. So youre just supposed to do a one off season every rime and make stuff up in your head about team offers lol.

Agree about the graphics,they dont look like too much of a next gen improvement...CM were always really good at lighting but everything looks a little flat? Could do with seeing the Abu Dabhi day/evening transition... Il reserve judgement until i hear reviews and peoples feedback on the game.

Ph 1 172
So first impressions are a bit....meh.... It's ok but feels like there is no progression... It's like what's the point in ever driving for the likes of Toro Rosso as you know you will never win anything when it's on the hardest difficulty setting .... Handling and physics seem pretty good.... Graphics are ok but I'm not sure but project cars seems to be a bit more impressive at moment ...hopefully it will get better the more you play it