ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F30 330D XDrive

After a difficult 2 years with the Laguna Coupe I wasn't particularly sad to see it go.

I picked this up a week a go, it was between an M135i or a 330D (335D was too far out of budget). I ended up swaying towards the 330D as it's a more practical car in the long run as me and my wife have just moved house and hoping to start a family in the next couple of years etc.

So the car is a 2013 330D XDrive Msport Plus, the car has xenons, msport brake upgrade, privacy glass, business nav and the extended dash. Driving it is effortless with the 8 speed ZF auto box and with the 4 wheel drive, launch mode and 420lb/ft it comically throws you into your seat!

So far only a potato photo...

31538232738_eb5d433ca8_c.jpg
BMW 330D
by Simon Blades, on Flickr

Also I have a O/S driveshaft for a 182 FF if anyone wants to collect it from Selby?

Thanks
Simon

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car nice colour,
Change the transmission oil at 50-60k to keep them super smooth or they seem to get a little laggy on the changes, My BM dealer reckons it's sealed for life but ZF say change it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Proper bus. I looked at F31s before I bought my E91 but couldn't find a decent spec in my price range.

Cracking cars and with the right maintenance, they'll go forever, despite what people like to tell you.

Get the ZF 'box oil changed with the proper ZF kit as a preventative maintenance, as already mentioned.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That’s lovely, good choice!

That wonky rear number plate is annoying me though. And it’s anout 10mm too high.

But I love the car, congrats.

@Simon_16v how are you getting on with this fella? Very tempted by a F30 330D at the price they have come down to recently, albeit the 2wd version. What MPG are you seeing? Any faults etc? The F30 328i is also at a good place in the market but being a 4 banger just think the 6 pot derv is a better prospect for the 15k miles a year I do.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I consistently see over 46mpg in mine on my daily commute and I’ve seen over 55mpg on a run down to Bournemouth.

Faults - not many tbh. Egr cooler will potentially leak internally if it’s not been replaced as part of the recall. But, you’ll most likely find it’s replaced under goodwill if it does.
Egr valves can stick, but you can keep them going if they do start to stick by spraying wd40 on the shaft.
If it’s used for short journeys regularly they can suffer from intake port sooting. This would need a decoke and possibly a new inlet manifold, depending on how bad it is.

Other than that, they’re a fast, reliable car. I’ve ordered the full mperformance body styling kit for mine in celebration of putting up and extremely good showing against a Macan S. 😂

@Simon_16v how are you getting on with this fella? Very tempted by a F30 330D at the price they have come down to recently, albeit the 2wd version. What MPG are you seeing? Any faults etc? The F30 328i is also at a good place in the market but being a 4 banger just think the 6 pot derv is a better prospect for the 15k miles a year I do.

I've had no issues with mine in just over 12months and 10k miles.

My journey to work is approx. a 24 mile round trip and I can average anywhere between 40-50mpg depending on traffic. I've done a few holidays in the UK with it and on the motorway I've had 54mpg from Yorkshire to Dorset and back. I've now even considered a European road trip in it next year with the Mrs...

Thanks for the replies. The 330d sounds ideal. I see even the m sports doesn't come with high spec as standard like heated seats and pro nav etc but its a small price to pay for the package you get. I like the luxury sport spec as well as long as it had the m sport seats. Presume these will go to moon miles like the e46 and e90 before it. Plenty on AT with 150k+ miles, even one at 185k. My budget will be around £11k in Jan so should be able to get one with around 80-100k miles.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
When i was looking, albeit briefly, a couple of months ago, alot of the cheaper ones tend to be ex police. When they are still SE's these are easy to spot, but quite often (& in the usual predictable areas), the cars have had other parts retrofitted to make them look like luxury's/M sports etc. So be wary. Id only look at genuine M Sport's to avoid that pitfall i think.

Clio182
How does the 335d stack up against the 330d? I’ve not driven a 330d, only the 335 - and it was unbelievably good!

I'm not so sure about no drifting, I've ended up sideways a few times accidentally...
What type of AWD system is the Xdrive? Is it predominately RWD until it detects slip then sends up to 50% of the torque to the front or is it a proper AWD system like the scoobys and evos?

It’s a permanent system with 60/40 split rear/front
The MPS I had was a bit turd. It was FWD until it detected slip, but it was slow so by the time it pulled its finger and sent it backwards it just upset the car Think it's called Haldex or was similar to...

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'm not so sure about no drifting, I've ended up sideways a few times accidentally...
Lol! Well fair play mate! I’ve seen some pretty hard launches with xdrive, and never seen a great deal of wheelspin, so if yours has drifted, fair f***s!
@NorthloopCup Is your's a 330d or a 530d? Any pics?
Mines a 330d touring mate. There’s pics in my Clio thread tbh, so just click on my username and click on the link in there. It’s just a number of the thread and it starts with a 7 from memory. Go to the last page and there’s a few on there. It’s better than me pic spamming @Simon_16v thread. 👍🏻

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
There's an M sport performance pack one here a stones throw from my house :unsure:

Spec not great, no pro nav, no heated seats, no electric seats, no xenons, probably no harmon kardon.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Slightly better spec, so has Xenons, heated seats and Harmon Kardon, but still no pro nav, electric seats etc. But if that doesn't bother you then just go for the spec you want :) Some of the stuff can be easily retrofitted anyways.

Slightly better spec, so has Xenons, heated seats and Harmon Kardon, but still no pro nav, electric seats etc. But if that doesn't bother you then just go for the spec you want :) Some of the stuff can be easily retrofitted anyways.
I'd like Xenons, heated seats with lumbar and the HK system but for my budget I may struggle. See what's about just after Christmas when I can take advantage of someones Christmas overspending 😉

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Xenons for me are a must, not that bothered about heated seats, HK is a nice to have, but the pro nav for me is the most important lol.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota

I have the 328i. Its a lovely car to drive. I'm probably doing 34 mpg with crappy town driving but on a long cruise its into the 40's.
Needs super to get the best mpg but its still cheaper than a diesel. In sports mode it goes like a scolded cat.
I'd prefer the 340i but its not right for me for the longer distance driving.