ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F30 330D XDrive

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Last month I got a decent deal from a BMW dealer on a new M Performance rear diffuser, took all of 10mins to swap over from the original.

View attachment 1440272
F30 M Performance Splitter by Simon Blades, on Flickr

I've just bought a M Performance front splitter from the same dealer which should be here at some point this week.
Out of interest, how much did you pay mate? I’ve ordered the full kit for my f31 as well, but won’t be fitting the stickers or rear boot spoiler.

I'm an old man so could live with the interior.

I couldnt live without Xenon/LED headlights though. Any car I get in with Halogen lights feel like they're not on. They shouldnt have even offered a 330d of this era without them imo.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
:unsure: haven't you just purchased an old 3 series with the same colour?

No lol, mines lemon leather with black carpet, dash & doorcards, thats beige with beige everywhere.
It looks ok if you retrofit black plastics, but otherwise, do not want.

Beige
s-l1600.jpg

Not beige:
49127143452_d62411025e_c.jpg

Re: the xenons, or lack of. You can buy Depos that at least look like xenons these days so its not the end of the world like it once was: https://eurowagens.com/angel-eyes-xenon-look-headlights-set-chrome-bmw-3-series-f30-f31-12-15/

A decent amp plus components can be just as good as HK as well, so i wouldnt worry too much about it not having it.

Last edited:
No lol, mines lemon leather with black carpet, dash & doorcards, thats beige with beige everywhere.
It looks ok if you retrofit black plastics, but otherwise, do not want.

Beige
View attachment 1444986

Not beige:
View attachment 1444987

Re: the xenons, or lack of. You can buy Depos that at least look like xenons these days so its not the end of the world like it once was: https://eurowagens.com/angel-eyes-xenon-look-headlights-set-chrome-bmw-3-series-f30-f31-12-15/

A decent amp plus components can be just as good as HK as well, so i wouldnt worry too much about it not having it.
Haha looks the same to me, lol. Quite like the full beige being its black exterior. Makes it look roomier if that makes sense.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
Been looking at these. Drove this last night. Admittedly a 320d X drive but a nice motor (cat d)

Screenshot_20191218_203348_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got an F31 with what I think is near perfect spec -

M Sport
Auto/X-Drive
19” Wheels
Brembo’s
Xenon’s
Black Leather interior
Pro Nav
Harmon Kardon

Only missing option is the 3.0 engine as mine is a 320d 😂

But for all the internet hate/bad reputation I actually find the 2.0d not bad for the commuting that I do everyday. I’d obviously prefer a 330d if I could have found one with the same spec at the time of purchase..

Has this been in for the EGR cooler recall? Mine has just been in and they said they didn't even check it and just replaced it anyway. So new EGR cooler, coolant, health check and valet for free. Oh and a new 1 series as a courtesy car for the day.

Guy was saying they just replace them now as BMW massively over stocked on the part.

Mine went in last year and I was told the existing part was fine. But I’ve read more and more recently that BMW are now just replacing the part regardless. I’ll pop into the local dealer next time I’m about.

49915784312_543b187cda_c.jpg
F30 Spoiler
by Simon Blades, on Flickr

Finally got round to dropping my spoiler off at a friends bodyshop to get sprayed and fitted. I have also removed the side skirt stickers as I wasn't happy with the overall look, I still need to remove the extensions to finish off removal.

@JB21 I'm tempted to try the XDelete as people saying their fuel economy improves. But with the car having covered about 250miles since March I'll wait until things are lifted a bit more I think.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Looks great fella, did you not fancy having the upright bits on the front splitter painted body coloured? I had my rear splitter painted the same as the original part but the centre left matte.

View attachment 1475312
F30 Spoiler by Simon Blades, on Flickr

Finally got round to dropping my spoiler off at a friends bodyshop to get sprayed and fitted. I have also removed the side skirt stickers as I wasn't happy with the overall look, I still need to remove the extensions to finish off removal.

@JB21 I'm tempted to try the XDelete as people saying their fuel economy improves. But with the car having covered about 250miles since March I'll wait until things are lifted a bit more I think.
Looks good mate. Currently getting a real world 50mpg on my 50 mile daily commute Liverpool - Manchester and back, 550 miles from my last tank. Unbelievable return for the performance they have.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Looks good mate. Currently getting a real world 50mpg on my 50 mile daily commute Liverpool - Manchester and back, 550 miles from my last tank. Unbelievable return for the performance they have.

Best I've had from the 340 was 481 from a tank, Eco Pro down to a tee. However I got 5 weeks to a tank 2 weeks ago, however that was only 290 miles. God damn MPPSK and sport mode.

Looks great fella, did you not fancy having the upright bits on the front splitter painted body coloured? I had my rear splitter painted the same as the original part but the centre left matte.

I did consider it but after getting the diffusor I left it so they'd match. I'm going to spray the skirt extensions matt black to match the front and back.

Lovely car!

What sort of money are these?

You could easily pick something up for £12/13k pretty easily.

Best I've had from the 340 was 481 from a tank, Eco Pro down to a tee. However I got 5 weeks to a tank 2 weeks ago, however that was only 290 miles. God damn MPPSK and sport mode.

Going by an app I use to track fuel etc, my best average over a tank has been 44mpg / 488 miles. But I'm not sure how empty the tank was, but my commute is only short. Which together with the lock down has helped me consider a petrol car now!

On a trip to see family down in Devon from Yorkshire, I've had 52mpg show on the trip computer with cruise on etc.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I did consider it but after getting the diffusor I left it so they'd match. I'm going to spray the skirt extensions matt black to match the front and back.

You just need some ACS springs on it now or H&R Sports ;)

340i
My idea is wheels and a subtle drop and that should do it. Would love to chop it in for a 340i but can't see the funds allowing it at the moment

I am trying to justify the same move... Had my 330D for 2 years, great car but I am no longer doing the mileaege to warrant a diesel!