ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R engine build article

The rebuild service totally depends on the specification your going for, but that stock ish build cost circa £4k including new engine, all the modifications highlighted, all new genuine renault parts, new high flow low cavitation oil pump, ARP rod bolts, cams, headwork, machining and circa 35 hours labour, off the top of my head.

And the whole point of the rebuild is to give a smooth running, reliable, torquey and blissful engine to drive. Alot of time is spent checking and double checking even the most mundane of things just to make sure that nothing is out of spec and it will all work in harmony.

REALLY NICE WORK!!!! Wish I am in UK.
how much does it cost to do the same thing in Renault?
And actually, how much for a new engine from Renault?

VaVa
I think MATT BLACK has some engines for sale.... Would be worth buying on and letting Ben work jis magic. If you're loaded that is. Which sadly I am not. :(

I like the note about the painted rockercover, could almost be a cheeky pop at captain "I've got a hardon for posterpaint/no invoices for goods"

80MPG BEEZA
maybe worth getting that done before i turbo it but i dont know how much k-tec wud strip my engine down anyways? any ideas

80MPG BEEZA
FredYozzasport said:
should be done fully, as you'll need low comp pistons

plus the option of forged con rods :) which i dont think is an option really more like an essential

says the person with an ORANGE engine!

you've been tango'd!

its an oldschool block colour, been used for years..............wouldnt expect you to understand ;)

certificate.jpg