ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7P - F7R any visible differences?

Clio Mk1 1.8 16v
I've just picked up another Ph1 16v and the seller said the engine has been swapped. Suggesting though that it was swapped to a F7R.

Are there any physical differences visible from the outside of the engine to tell the F7P and F7R apart?
Cheers

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've just picked up another Ph1 16v and the seller said the engine has been swapped. Suggesting though that it was swapped to a F7R.

Are there any physical differences visible from the outside of the engine to tell the F7P and F7R apart?
Cheers

the stamp on the block by the gearbox housing at the front will tell you.

take your phone and take a picture

Clio Mk1 1.8 16v
IMG_2480~2.jpg

👍

When I get up there to check the engine tag I'll get some more

The dip stick is an easy spot as soon as you open the bonnet (if it still has the original one etc) as Terryc says, white on a Williams engine.

I geeked out on it in this thread ll!!

Good luck with it!

Clio Mk1 1.8 16v
The dip stick is an easy spot as soon as you open the bonnet (if it still has the original one etc) as Terryc says, white on a Williams engine.

I geeked out on it in this thread ll!!

Good luck with it!

Cheers for the link. Just been reading through it.