ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT - few problems. PLEASE READ!

1) Rear middle seatbelt not locking into buckle - this is the black one that nobody ever uses, when I put it in it just doesn't lock and comes back out. Any suggestions?

2) Rear lights = fucked! When the sidelights are on and I indicate, the other lights alternate in going dimmer and brighter. I've checked both earths and none are rusty or corroded. The drivers side connector (coming from the car) is quite rusty, however.

3) O/S front anti-roll bar rubber bush bonding deteriorated resulting in excessive movement. Not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for here, helpppp!

1. Remove the entire belt. If it's not there they can't test it. Or get to a scrappy and get the buckle bit out of another one - it should just bolt in underneath the seats.

2. Clean those rusty bits.

3. Big bar of metal from one side to the other, between the wheels as you look underneath the car. One of the bushes where it's held onto the subframe(?) will need replacing - not impossible but they're a pita to fit.

Tried cleaning the rusty bits and scraping the rust off, then spraying with WD-40 but it's still the same :(

How much would a new bushing cost approximately? If it's not expensive I could just get the garage to do it for me.

Cheers bud.

1. Remove the entire belt. If it's not there they can't test it. Or get to a scrappy and get the buckle bit out of another one - it should just bolt in underneath the seats.

2. Clean those rusty bits.

3. Big bar of metal from one side to the other, between the wheels as you look underneath the car. One of the bushes where it's held onto the subframe(?) will need replacing - not impossible but they're a pita to fit.

Dont think point 1 is correct, if theres a seat there it needs a working seatbelt. Either needs a new buckle or remove the back seats, if theres no back seats they cant fail the belt/buckle.

Mk1 1.2
The buckle is easy, just get 1 from a scrapyard, wont cost alot or go through the hasle of removeing the rear seats either way then it will pass

and as said just clean the rusty bits, it does take a while to get rid of the rust but worth the effort in the long run!

The buckle is easy, just get 1 from a scrapyard, wont cost alot or go through the hasle of removeing the rear seats either way then it will pass

and as said just clean the rusty bits, it does take a while to get rid of the rust but worth the effort in the long run!
Cheers mate, any tips for removing the rust? It's a pain to get to as the connector in the car is only thin!

audi a6 3.0tdi
Where are you based matey? That would be most handy! Just need the little black one.
i'm in bolton, how soon do you need them? if you are really desperate i could meet you tonight if not i finish work at about 1 ish tommorow

I won't need it tonight, can pick it up tomorrow after I finish work at around 1430 but would need to borow it for about a week maybe.

Are they easy to remove/fit?

audi a6 3.0tdi
I won't need it tonight, can pick it up tomorrow after I finish work at around 1430 but would need to borow it for about a week maybe.

Are they easy to remove/fit?

they are nice and easy to fit it'll take two minutes. I'm not in a rush for it back mate just keep hold of it till it passes the mot. i'll pm you my mobile number just ring me tommorow and we can sort it out for you.

Clio 172
with number 2 remove the rear lights, and on the plug you can flip open a section so you can see the pins from the top. Push the pins down so they are closer together, not to much otherwise they will bend when you put the plug on

try spraying wd-40 in there and clean up as best can do and see if that helps

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
how does the seatbelt thing work. 172 cup only has the 2 rear belts and is technically a 4 seater iirc sure mine never had a middle belt