ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fake 172... why pretend...

CTR EK9 turbo

That reminds me. I saw a Hyundai pony or something, absolute shed - rusty, knackered etc. with a " ave some o this!!" sticker on the back! Now that is blatently taking the p!$$! really funny!

The Deeeeema kit on the 205 was supposed to replicate the T16 jobbies with the ultra quick 1.8 turbo monster rally ultra 0-60 in a blink of an eye on gravel type sl@g. Why are you giving these examples? were talking about 1.2 and 1.4 16v clios, not huge engine transplanted cars deserving badges. People with such a mod would probably leave their cars standard on the outside (for suprise effect), and anyway, if they had the money to put a 2.0 into a clio, why didnt they buy a 2.0 litre clio in the first place?????

Had a week in gt yarmouth last week! lots of boys in there cars cruising up the main strip with neons on! but there was this quality beige lada with a sub &6x9s in the back shelf every single halford spoiler that they make, alloys, neons and a turbo sticker on the back!

It was cool

What I am trying to say is its not the badge that makes a car...

If someone wants to badge a 1.2 as a sport to try and pull then whats the harm in it. Who cares if those not in the know really think its a 172.

Before you ask I have a 1.2... but mines badgeless

CTR EK9 turbo

Actually, ive changed my mind. I like the fact that people badge their cars up. So when boats toast them and think that theyre faster, theyl try and beat the real thing and will not succeed.....

just be a real man and debadge whatever your car is - badges are for nice boys and old people so they can justify the extra 5k they have spunked on a car they will never truly enjoy.

bloody coffin dodgers!

BSNC

I have just had my 1.216v dynamique colour coded, does this mean Im trying to look like a 172...
NO I just wanted to make it look better. Oh and Im also getting some alloys from a 172, because I like them, not cause Im trying to make the car what it isnt!.
You people need to get out a bit more, find a life, rather than sitting here arguing about such trivial subjects!.

172/V6/Sport Spider all have Renault Sport logo - Renault Sport is the company! or brand - R-Sport who make the 172/Cup/V6/sport spider (no longer made) No other clios or infact Renaults fall into this category, however putting the official Sport badge logo in the correct place under the renault badge will make it look like a 172 providing you change the rear bumper, skirts, front wings, front bumper, interior, rear discs, suspension, gear box, ecu...............

hmmm, saw a black clio the other day, at first glimpse i thought it was a 172 with its sliver 2.0 16v door badge, on the second glimpse it had 5 doors!! WHY DO IT?

Clio v6

rik_trendell posted 11/08/2002 17:12 GMT 2002 Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique

I have just had my 1.216v dynamique colour coded, does this mean Im trying to look like a 172...

Yes I think you are. Maybe you need to get out more?

If you still have your 1.2 16V Dynamique badges, could I have them please? because I am OUT MORE than most I reckon, and I am really getting peeeeeeed off with everyone looking at my car. ( Scratches head wondering what the heck I got this V6 for in the first place, being so shy )

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

A wise one once told me..

Badging up a car to try sand make it something it is not is like ...

Polishing a Turd, no matter how much you polish it, it is still a turd...

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Spit spit,

Sorry got the cats teeth in today.. Lets try that again..

"Badging up a car to try and make it something it is not is like ...

Polishing a Turd, no matter how much you polish it, it is still a turd... "

Dash - LMAO!

But u would have to fit 172 or lesser model sideskirts to take the badges - might blend nicely into ur airintakes - how many flys have murdered on those intake grills and by the way is it true the induction only works on the left intake, the other is disfunctional??

Clio v6

Do you know I never given that a thought about the air intakes. When the fans kick in, they really suck like a Dyson. I havent stripped enough of the rear out yet to examine the induction in detail.The handbook suggests both ducts are removed regularly for cleaning out.

Does anyone know the answer to this please? I might sleep better knowing what way Im sucking.

I remember readin in the brochure that the froggies got a nicer induction note because they sat on the left in front of the intake on that side - I think the renault sport schematic thats floating about somewhere shows induction only on the left - our passenge side/froggies drivers side!

Clio v6

I think you may be right. I read somewhere that one side was inducted. The French side is probably to extract their farting better.

Clio v6

OVAL PLATE? chassis no ?

VF1C61AO625685847

Variant C61AO6

Hope thats what ya mean. BTW How do you get all this stuff, do you work in a parts dept? if so have you any microfiches spare

Good ol Capn!! Someone post a piccy of the capatian in full superhero costume - anyone got any good designs for his outfit

......CAPTAINNNNNN CLIOOOOOOOO (172 obviuosly in there as well at some point) He could drive about in one of those tou V6 things that renault sell for customer kids - imagine it with the cape, tight fitting lycra etc !! LOL