ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'll no doubt be playing this all night again :p

I might start again, I think I was a bit too ruthless :p

But then again... killing everyone is fun :D

DCi
can someone give a summary to the uninitiated? I haven't seen a bad word spoken about this and I have no idea about this game what so ever bar its an RPG!

1.8 Civic EX
can someone give a summary to the uninitiated? I haven't seen a bad word spoken about this and I have no idea about this game what so ever bar its an RPG!

check gametrailers.com...shed loads of vid with commentary, will give you a good feel for it....

I just like the idea of pick pocketing someone but once you taken the "good" leave a hand grenade in thier pocket and run like hell lol

White Sti Hatch
Ive just been playing, im not a huge RPG fan but im enjoying the game although the aiming without VATS is rather pish but could be as im only like lvl 3

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
is this a good game to pick up if you still havnt completed resistance fall of man? lol ive had it since release to :( im usless on games were stuff jumps out on you, i panic fire lol you know how it goes you end up wasting 2 mags in the air

Polo + Micra
just got my copy of it now but yet to fire it up.

only cost 9.99 with the ipoints i had :)

Seat Leon FR Tdi
Really enjoying this game, put it on at 10pm last night, next thing I know its 3am. Only issue is the PS3 version appears to be really buggy. The game has got stuck twice so far and I've had to go back to previous save files.

White Sti Hatch
+1 these are some tough guys, keep trying to run but it don't work lol

The bit for the GNR mission where you in the tunnels i opened a door seen one closed it again b*****d seen me all i heard was Trying To Hide.... Boooooom i was dead lol

noy cool !

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
cant wait to get this mother, not a big fan of rpg either so will have to see!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Really enjoying this game, put it on at 10pm last night, next thing I know its 3am. Only issue is the PS3 version appears to be really buggy. The game has got stuck twice so far and I've had to go back to previous save files.

Thats because the PS3 is sh*te XBOX all the way !!!!!!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I just like the idea of pick pocketing someone but once you taken the "good" leave a hand grenade in thier pocket and run like hell lol

LOL

I'm going to get this tomorrow after reading that! I have no idea what the game's story is about, which is good I think.

I love playing a good game, or seeing a good movie without having a clue what it's about beforehand.

Monaro VXR
Thats because the PS3 is sh*te XBOX all the way !!!!!!

More bethesda being their typical selves and leaving huge bugs in all the versions.

The PC version is a crash fest and the bethesda forums are full of people who can't even get the game to start. I have put about 12 hours in now and had numerous crashes. I had to load the game up 6 times to get through 1 door due to it constantly crashing as soon as I opened it.

Also some of the quests if you pick what you think is the right way of doing it you can find something important to finish it goes missing. So you then have to load up an earlier save and pick a different option to get further.

Game is in desperate need of a patch as stability and bugs wise it is terrible. Yet so fun to play.

The super mutants I don't have a problem with they are easy enough to kill. It is the Yao Guai that are the right bugger to kill they are so bleeding fast. And they just rip through you in seconds.

A SHED!
This game is the biggest pile of sh*te ive ever played....tell me it gets better after you leave the vault tunnels?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This game is just brilliant. I've put about 5 hours into it so far and loving every minute of it. That sense of 'now what?' when you leave the Vault is amazing and the fact that you have to be really careful in conserving your ammo adds to the tension. Luckily, my startup stats (which I decided to keep) had my character high-up on the melee weapons skill - so he's not too bad with the 'ol baseball bat.

So far, I've spotted a few references back to the original Interplay classic of Wasteland (which is 20 years old now - feck! :eek:) These include the BB gun and also the Church of the Atom - Wasteland had a Church of the Mushroom Cloud - full of bomb-worshipping nutters. I'm really, really hoping that they add some more links back to WL - probably in the expansion packs that will inevitably follow. Something like the proton ax, meson cannon or the Red Ryder rifle would be great. Adding the Scorpitron would be the ultimate nostalgia trip - lol!

Managed to take a few screenshots for those who are interested...:cool:

Fly-over across the Potomac River...

ScreenShot0.jpg

Desolation...

ScreenShot1.jpg

Heading back to git me some more ammo...

ScreenShot11.jpg

Sorting out a few migraine problems for the local raiders ;)

ScreenShot12.jpg

Damn crab-b*****d-type-things....

ScreenShot14.jpg

Night time....

ScreenShot4.jpg

ScreenShot6.jpg

Shame you can't target their b****cks. :)

ScreenShot7.jpg

Crap. I think this is going to hurt.....

ScreenShot8.jpg

D.

SLK 350
Looks awesome, gonna pick this and LBP up this week :D

Is there an MP coop?

You playing it more as FPS Darren or RPG?

White Sti Hatch

Is there an MP coop?

Na no coop....

Imo you can only really play it as an FPS or that might just be me as the TP veiw is annoying buggy and terribly animated !!!

Monaro VXR
This game is the biggest pile of sh*te ive ever played....tell me it gets better after you leave the vault tunnels?

Yeah it gets a lot better...You are right at the beginning of a 100hr + game. Think about it. You have not even got to the main story yet. Its just teaching you how to play it in the vault.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Is there an MP coop?

Definitely more as an RPG, m8. Had a great bit earlier where I had two slavers running at me. Aimed a grenade throw at the first man and it hit the ground and rolled past him. Blew the leg clean off the other slaver behind him though. ;)

No co-op mode unfortunately. But that would be a superb addition.

D.

Monaro VXR
Being evil has side effects as well...most notably you get a bounty places on your head for wrong doings against the people of the wasteland. Which equates to bounty hunters coming for you quite often.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
quite fancy this guys never played the other two.
bit worried about walking about looking for key to get through doors ect...
a get frustrated easy love shooting tho!
think i should pick a copy up?

Monaro VXR
Do you find you're walking around for long periods looking for the next thing to do?

Once you have a quest and you walk to where you need to go after that it gets added to your pipboy so you just need to go to the world map and click on it and you are there instantly. So you only need to walk to the place once. Not a big deal really.

But if you do walk there you usually find other places on the way which you end up wanting to check out after you are done.

DCi
I've heard once you complete this its game over -ie you cant go back and do side quests.

I think I'm going to get this on wednesday

Lotus Exige, 182
It's awsome. I'm about 9 hours in, trying to do as many sidequests as possible before I move the main story on. Nothing wrong with the hunting rifle/shotgun long range/short range combination to take out mirelurks!

Monaro VXR
Explore lots..and don't waste your time with the experience perk its useless as the max level is 20 anyway and you get there fast enough.