ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
sit around a bit n wait for daylight?

go for a stroll outside in the wastelands, go n get dogmeat

The best bit amount Dogmeat is that he doesn't 'count' as a recruited player. So you can recruit someone with you as well as having Dogmeat alongside.

He does get in the way a few times when I'm using the flamer though. :(

D.

172 cup
Installed it last night, Got to the city, Went to the supermarket, am currently saved there. Got the protectotron (sp) robot to come out and mash up some raiders, but I shot one in the head, and then the damn robot started shotting me! killed me too! So as it was nearing 1am (didn't start playing till the mrs went to bed) I thought best elave it till tomoro. Am hoping for a good play tonight, but am going for a few drinkywinkys after work, got a full day planned already for tomoro so more than likely going to be a hangover shootfest sunday.

Looks good so far though.

Need to get my hands on the mutt too by the sounds of it.

Got to be your settings m8. In those pics above from me, they are a lot darker when put into Photobucket and viewed on here, than they are in the game.

Are you on the PC version?

As for not knowing what to do, leave Megaton and pick a direction on your compass. Keep heading in that direction and both trouble and quests will come your way.

Managed to sneak up on three raiders last night - all inside a truck with the tailgate open. Stood at the end and emptied most of a fully loaded flamer into it.

Result. A trio of BBQ'd raiders. Nice and crispy. ;)

D.

360 and i have plaid with gamma settings etc but little seems to happen

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Installed it last night, Got to the city, Went to the supermarket, am currently saved there. Got the protectotron (sp) robot to come out and mash up some raiders, but I shot one in the head, and then the damn robot started shotting me! killed me too! So as it was nearing 1am (didn't start playing till the mrs went to bed) I thought best elave it till tomoro. Am hoping for a good play tonight, but am going for a few drinkywinkys after work, got a full day planned already for tomoro so more than likely going to be a hangover shootfest sunday.

Looks good so far though.

Need to get my hands on the mutt too by the sounds of it.

Time this right and it makes things SO much more easier for you. I found that ant nest colony out in the north-west yesterday and a few of the ants coming at me got hit by the queen ant's spit. They in turn ignored me and turned on the queen. She was still an 'ard b**ch to take down though.

Have you come across the mirelurk raider (hunters?) yet? Bigger versions of the normal mirelurks - they taking some beating and they are quick. The last one ran over two frag mines coming at me and they hardly had any effect. I managed to nail it and three other mirelurks, but Dogmeat died in the process, so I didn't save it. :(

D.

i started from teh end of teh vault again i havent been to mega ton yet but i now have mini gun rocket launcher mini nuke and lots of other stuff
but now i have no health and no stim packs :(

SLK 350
One thing I can't quite grasp with this game is why everything in the wasteland has Uber vision and at the first sight of you just starts fking shooting at you...Be nice if there wasn't such a default response all the time (a stealthy way of getting around).

Right now I'm lvl 2 I think, basically have a 10mm Pistol, a Chinese Rifle with like 30 bullets, Sledge Hammer (which without VATS seems impossible to kill anything without taking 50% damage, and 2 Frags. Oh and a fking crippled arm...with you guessed it no Stimpak left. Oh and did a mention Mild Rad poisoning?

Still not sure what to make of it, just not taken by the lack (I know I'm still early on) of different paths to take, compared to something like FF.

Running away from stuff also doesn't seem ideal, you end up running into more random little f***s that just happen to be waiting around doing fk all, then the other clowns catch up and you get pwned.

One thing I thinks missing is if you run away, crouch and stay HIDDEN, then change your Outfit it has no effect. Even in Megaton after I went into the Armoury and every fker started chasing me, I hid away dressed in Lucas's clothing and then still cracked onto me...needs more MGS4 kinda stuff tbqfh.

So far it only gets a 6/10 for me, everytime I spend 30 minutes yomping in the middle of nowhere to get attacked I keep thinking how much better LBP could be lol.

Last edited:
Time this right and it makes things SO much more easier for you. I found that ant nest colony out in the north-west yesterday and a few of the ants coming at me got hit by the queen ant's spit. They in turn ignored me and turned on the queen. She was still an 'ard b**ch to take down though.

Have you come across the mirelurk raider (hunters?) yet? Bigger versions of the normal mirelurks - they taking some beating and they are quick. The last one ran over two frag mines coming at me and they hardly had any effect. I managed to nail it and three other mirelurks, but Dogmeat died in the process, so I didn't save it. :(

D.

Those hunters are quite difficult! They seem to absorb you bullets lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One thing I can't quite grasp with this game is why everything in the wasteland has Uber vision and at the first sight of you just starts fking shooting at you...Be nice if there wasn't such a default response all the time (a stealthy way of getting around).

Right now I'm lvl 2 I think, basically have a 10mm Pistol, a Chinese Rifle with like 30 bullets, Sledge Hammer (which without VATS seems impossible to kill anything without taking 50% damage, and 2 Frags. Oh and a fking crippled arm...with you guessed it no Stimpak left. Oh and did a mention Mild Rad poisoning?

Still not sure what to make of it, just not taken by the lack (I know I'm still early on) of different paths to take, compared to something like FF.

Running away from stuff also doesn't seem ideal, you end up running into more random little f**ks that just happen to be waiting around doing fk all, then the other clowns catch up and you get pwned.

One thing I thinks missing is if you run away, crouch and stay HIDDEN, then change your Outfit it has no effect. Even in Megaton after I went into the Armoury and every fker started chasing me, I hid away dressed in Lucas's clothing and then still cracked onto me...needs more MGS4 kinda stuff tbqfh.

So far it only gets a 6/10 for me, everytime I spend 30 minutes yomping in the middle of nowhere to get attacked I keep thinking how much better LBP could be lol.

You need to break-the-back of the game, m8. At lvl 2, you are no more than a mere piss-ant and will probably die a lot. For me, it took until about lvl 8 before I could wander about and not get pwned whenever I met someone, or something.

I'm on lvl 9 now and managed to take on Paradise Falls with little trouble. I'm still using the Chinese assault rifle as my main weapon, backed up by the combat shotgun (which is awesome if repaired often) and the super-sledge which is like a sledgehammer on drugs.

I'd recommend chucking a lot of your level-up points on the medicine skill (which gives you more health back with every stimpak) and the melee skill is quite handy too. My character came with high melee to start with and I've just kept adding to that. I can take down most things with the super-sledge quite easily with a few smashes to the head and Dogmeat biting at their ankles - lol.

This is what I really like about Fallout 3. There are quite a few places that I've left and come back to, simply because I was arse-kicked there initially. Those mirelurks I used to run from, or suffer at least 2/3'rds health loss as a consequence. Now I can take on two or three at once and one on its own is a mere irritation.

I tried to single-handedly take on the Talon Mercs encampment. Erm, got wasted - lol! That's one to come back to, I think.

D.

SLK 350
I rinsed some more yesterday and now level 3, I did the Slaver quest at Paradise falls and that's where I left it.

So what advice for getting more caps/guns/health/ammo, is it a case of helping all these nubs find their daughters etc, or is there a specific quest(s) that are good for getting tooled up. Oh and I took on that Police Station at German town etc.

Mini-gun is nice, but as per everything I run out of bullets far too quickly.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I rinsed some more yesterday and now level 3, I did the Slaver quest at Paradise falls and that's where I left it.

So what advice for getting more caps/guns/health/ammo, is it a case of helping all these nubs find their daughters etc, or is there a specific quest(s) that are good for getting tooled up. Oh and I took on that Police Station at German town etc.

Mini-gun is nice, but as per everything I run out of bullets far too quickly.

There's a Scrounger perk that you can get (lvl 6, iirc?) which reveals a lot more bullets when you find them. The assault rifles are good because of how common they are out there. That and the 10mm sub-machine gun - which is actually quite powerful close-up. The minigun is great, but the 5mm rounds for it are ultra-rare, imo.

Pick-up EVERYTHING. I've made loads of trips back to that annoying bint at the supply place back at Megaton and got caps back in the process.

Team up with the Family as well. They teach you various vampire skills, which at the initial level are really quite useful. Blood-packs normally give you just 1HP back, but when you've learnt 'their ways' - you get 20HP back, per blood pack.

Be careful of their subway station though. There are loads of traps and mines in the tunnels.

D.

im now closing in on level 9 i still havent even started on the main story

really enjoying it now and best weapon imho is sawed off shotgun close range it takes most things haeds off :D

that and the hunting rifle the Chinese stuff is shite

White Sti Hatch
im now closing in on level 9 i still havent even started on the main story

really enjoying it now and best weapon imho is sawed off shotgun close range it takes most things haeds off :D

that and the hunting rifle the Chinese stuff is s**te

Fat Boy FTW !!!

SLK 350
Ok...so suppose I don't know where to head next, where's some good places to visit, for example Rivet City, I still haven't found.

Onlt places I've found are Bigtown/Springvale/Megaton/Paradise/GNR area. Ideally I want to level up as fast as possible, and get more guns.

Weight is a b**ch mind, I keep going over 200, then having to repair everything to drop weight back down/leave stuff behind.

Punto/Clio GTT
what would everyone say the best things to level up are

currently i think i levels small guns/assault rifles, speech and medicine

White Sti Hatch
ive just been spreading my all over but think im gonna start uping the Medicine, Speech, Repair and Guns.....

When are you able to repair you own guns etc ???

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ok...so suppose I don't know where to head next, where's some good places to visit, for example Rivet City, I still haven't found.

Onlt places I've found are Bigtown/Springvale/Megaton/Paradise/GNR area. Ideally I want to level up as fast as possible, and get more guns.

Weight is a b**ch mind, I keep going over 200, then having to repair everything to drop weight back down/leave stuff behind.

Have you come across some of the metro stations yet?

The weight limit is the only thing that I really don't like in the game. A typical inventory is on par with a full platoon's arsenal! I really wish the weight was more to scale. If you have a 200-point weight limit, make an assault rifle maybe 80 and an SMG 50 or something. Hunting rifles, sledgehammers, missile launchers, flamers, SMGs, pistols and combat armour are all items that my character is currently carrying. And then there's the ammo and stimpaks, etc. :S

what would everyone say the best things to level up are

currently i think i levels small guns/assault rifles, speech and medicine

^^^ - good split there already. My character had an initial high rating in energy weapons too, but I've never really used them. Has anyone had much luck with that mesmetron (sp?) thing yet? On my stats it says I've mezzed one person - it was one slaver amongst three. Quite funny as she immediately started firing on the other two.

Speech is a massively under-rated skill. I always add a least a couple of points to it on levelling up.

I wish I had put more points into Lockpick though...

ive just been spreading my all over but think im gonna start uping the Medicine, Speech, Repair and Guns.....

When are you able to repair you own guns etc ???

I think you can repair anything at any level - but the level you can repair up to, depends on your skill level in repair. Take an assault rifle which has a 30% condition rating (pretty shagged), on approx 25-30 repair skill, you can repair it to around 54% condition, iirc.

Repairing stuff is easy. Pick up more than one of the same item type, click on one so it's highlighted and then press R. That opens up a window in which you can use parts of the other same guns/armour/etc to make the original item better - up to the maximum of your skill ability. I think I'm on about 42 skill level with repair now.

As Hoff mentioned, repairing is a good way of keeping your inventory weight down - and keeping one weapon in a good a condition as possible.

D.

Monaro VXR
Science, lockpicking are 100% on mine. Speech is nearly 100% and most other things around 40 - 80%.

Weapons I found pretty useless to level up once you get to 50% is you are decent enough with them to not need to add any more. And I took a fair few of the intense training perks so strength and intelligence are 10. Means a 300lb carrying limit with the strength and the intelligence gives me more points to add when levelling up.

White Sti Hatch
Have you come across some of the metro stations yet?

The weight limit is the only thing that I really don't like in the game. A typical inventory is on par with a full platoon's arsenal! I really wish the weight was more to scale. If you have a 200-point weight limit, make an assault rifle maybe 80 and an SMG 50 or something. Hunting rifles, sledgehammers, missile launchers, flamers, SMGs, pistols and combat armour are all items that my character is currently carrying. And then there's the ammo and stimpaks, etc. :S

^^^ - good split there already. My character had an initial high rating in energy weapons too, but I've never really used them. Has anyone had much luck with that mesmetron (sp?) thing yet? On my stats it says I've mezzed one person - it was one slaver amongst three. Quite funny as she immediately started firing on the other two.

Speech is a massively under-rated skill. I always add a least a couple of points to it on levelling up.

I wish I had put more points into Lockpick though...

I think you can repair anything at any level - but the level you can repair up to, depends on your skill level in repair. Take an assault rifle which has a 30% condition rating (pretty shagged), on approx 25-30 repair skill, you can repair it to around 54% condition, iirc.

Repairing stuff is easy. Pick up more than one of the same item type, click on one so it's highlighted and then press R. That opens up a window in which you can use parts of the other same guns/armour/etc to make the original item better - up to the maximum of your skill ability. I think I'm on about 42 skill level with repair now.

As Hoff mentioned, repairing is a good way of keeping your inventory weight down - and keeping one weapon in a good a condition as possible.

D.

Ah i never knew that shall have to stop chucking my dup guns i have then!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Some more pics....

The Pint-Sized Slasher bit!

ScreenShot20.jpg

Leggin' it after 'ol dad....

ScreenShot23.jpg

Minigun to the face - have that, Super Mutant. ;)

ScreenShot24.jpg

D.

1.8 Civic EX
just started playing yesterday...the whole health damaged limbs confused me a fair bit so I eat loads of s**t but my hp and limbs wern't really recovering...it's all good now tho...I found a bed to sleep in and all was well :)

loving it so far, only up to about half way through level 3 and I'm helping some bird make a survival guide. Went to the shop and kicked arse now I'm doing the minefield one....some sniper dude about I think, I got there and saved it and turned it off but there was certainly someone shooting at me from somewhere...

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I got this yesterday and played it for about 8 hours straight, it's awesome!!

Some things I can't work out:

How do I sell things?
How do you get the side quests?

1.8 Civic EX

How do I sell things?

How do I sell things?
on 360 to sell things, when talking to someone you can buy from, press the left trigger it will swap to "your side", select the items you want to sell and away you go

Talk to absolutley EVERYONE. Some will have jobs to do others won't

172 cup
I played it for hours yeaterday lol dragged myself away at about 2am..
love it!

DAfthead..

sell by going to buy something then pressing lt to swop to your side and click on what you want to sell. the vendors only have a limited supply of tops though.
Side quests are just stumbled across when you find people.

Octy VRS
I bought this yesterday but only managed to play it for 1/2 hour. That's having a wife and child for you.

How do I sell things?

i started playing it at 8 yesterday morning i finished at 7:30pm when i went to the pub

im trying to get the declaration of independence at the mo just got a custom 10mm smg much better than the normal version

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've got quite a few missions on the go at the moment.

I've just been to Arafu to find the family and I'm searching in the Hideaway cave but cant find anything. Also, I've found a rusty prison cell but no key for the gate. Bah.

Still havent even scratched the surface of the game yet, I dont think, but done quite a bit.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Since i finished Fable II last week, i've only recently started to play this properly.

I've just detonated the nuke in Megaton... i decided since i was a good guy in Fable II, i'm going to be a right cnut in Fallout. ;)

Awesome game though... hardly ever is a game really epic. This really is.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I've just been to Arafu to find the family and I'm searching in the Hideaway cave but cant find anything. Also, I've found a rusty prison cell but no key for the gate. Bah.

Still havent even scratched the surface of the game yet, I dont think, but done quite a bit.

I became Mr. Diplomat on that mission. Got both sides working with each other and I got a benefit too - blood packs now equal 20HPs and not just 1HP. :)

Wait until you get to Little Lamplight. If ever there was a reason for you to loose it with an SMG with kids around - that's the place. The game actually stops you drawing a weapon while you're in there. Boo!

D.

172 cup

Where did you find the key?
Its for the cell in the hideaway cave, full of damn radscorpions though. fecking tough beggers! Although Flamer FTW :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Where did you find the key?
Its for the cell in the hideaway cave, full of damn radscorpions though. fecking tough beggers! Although Flamer FTW :D

I didnt find the key. Saved earlier and came to work (been to funeral today).

So is there anything worth noting in that cave, other than those radscorpic*nts?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You can't kill the kids anyway :(

My first time in Megaton I killed everyone, went on a rampage.

The kids don't die :(

I want to detonate the nuke next time :D