ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Liking it so far but still find games like this a bit too open sometimes.

Also with games where you can be an arse to people, kill whoever you like etc, do you still feel that you have to be nice and 'do the right thing', or do you think f**k it and just shoot everyone? :)

White Sti Hatch
Liking it so far but still find games like this a bit too open sometimes.

Also with games where you can be an arse to people, kill whoever you like etc, do you still feel that you have to be nice and 'do the right thing', or do you think f**k it and just shoot everyone? :)

I do the right thing most times but then just get bored and be a dick n kill a few folk lol !

MY10 R35 GTR
serioulsy liking the look of this!!! Maybe get it when im back from offshore. Got some games I can trade in.

Monaro VXR
Well so far I have gone from killing anyone I come across...to being good.

Doing both ends up with bounty hunters after you :/ And they always seem to show up right at the same time when I am in a fight with 5+ supermutants who all have missile launchers and mini guns.

White Sti Hatch
Just Leg it then lol....one thing that annoys me in the game your always running and there no way of running away from folk witch i find annoying when youve got no ammo left !

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Doing much better now that I've teamed up with Dogmeat - lol! Just got to watch the flea-bag when there are land mines about though.

I'm letting my goodie-goodie image slip a bit now as well. I've quickly learned that everything costs caps and I've done enough charity work for the time being. You want a job doing - bloody well pay me for it. ;)

One slightly worrying aspect is that I seem to be a lot more accurate on the encounters I've played as an FPS. I really want to be using VATS more, but if I get the job doing quicker and easier in playing it as an FPS, then that's what I'll do.

D.

Astra Twintop
i nearly blew megaton up..............

but didnt................

picked up his chinese rifle tho! and battered a Ghoul to death.

Bat v Sawn Off!

SLK 350
Well I got as far as being born, crawling out the first room and then saved it. Farking Mrs got back early so sacked it off...knew I needed a few hours on it.

Darren when you say things cost caps, you mean what? Does Dogmeat kick ass? Read he was pretty vicious! Heh

Clio 172
Im finding the game mostly just running around, i havent hardly seen anyone to speak to ! Everyone just wants to shoot me :mad:

Im currently doing the satellite mission for the radio station? When you all talk about interaction with others and teaming up etc is this after this?

To be honest im finding it pretty boring atm just running around in the dark metro stations :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well I got as far as being born, crawling out the first room and then saved it. Farking Mrs got back early so sacked it off...knew I needed a few hours on it.

Darren when you say things cost caps, you mean what? Does Dogmeat kick ass? Read he was pretty vicious! Heh

It's the currency within the game - bottle caps iirc. Pretty much anything has a value (or VAL) rating which gives you plenty of options to sell stuff that you find in the wasteland. Alcohol seems to have a decent enough premium!

Dogmeat is really useful at the moment, though I suspect as the enemies get tougher, he'll be of less use. What he seems to do really well with (imo) is when you have a room with several low-level enemies such as radroaches, etc. Get them to notice you and he'll normally finish them all off. There's also a neat touch where you can ask him to search for ammo or food nearby and he runs of to do so accordingly.

But if he dies - he's dead. Gone forever. I've come up against some tough enemies so far and I spend half my time telling him to stay put - lol!

D.

A SHED!
Im finding the game mostly just running around, i havent hardly seen anyone to speak to ! Everyone just wants to shoot me :mad:

Im currently doing the satellite mission for the radio station? When you all talk about interaction with others and teaming up etc is this after this?

To be honest im finding it pretty boring atm just running around in the dark metro stations :(
which is why i took mine back and got my money back. Bored me to death.

White Sti Hatch
Just wandering round MegaTon bumped into some guy i could get to come with me but turns out im too good for him lol !

SLK 350
I keep killing people in MegaTon (like the Dr), and stealing things...then I get pwned by all his gypo friends.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lol - I've just got addicted to the Psycho drug. Gives you +15 strength, iirc and is perfect when swinging that sledgehammer about. I've managed to remove a few limbs with it so far, which could be down to the Bloody Mess perk. ;)

Struggling to keep ammo in healthy supply, mind....

D.

SLK 350
29.99 - Sainsburys IIRC check HUKD.

I'm not leaving the house at the weekend...Mrs is finally going back to see her rents ha!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just got me a scoped Magnum...:cool:

ScreenShot18.jpg

Love using the grenades! ;)

ScreenShot15.jpg

D.

i loaded up my oblivion the other night and i had over 188 hours on that i hope this gives at least half that amount of play

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i loaded up my oblivion the other night and i had over 188 hours on that i hope this gives at least half that amount of play

Well, Bethesda released two expansion packs for Morrowind. And they also released two for Oblivion. Given the success of Fallout 3, I'd be amazed if they didn't release two for it as well.

Here's hoping, anyway!

D.

1.8 Civic EX

lol I still haven't even started the main story line in Oblivion yet, Iv'e had it since it came out...just been doing all other bits and bobs, always pick it up and give it another go between games.

Getting Fallout this weekend...can't wait!

started playing fallout last night but im not totally won over by it yet

im in megaton and im walking around but i just dont know what to do really and i cant see anything its too bloody dark

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
started playing fallout last night but im not totally won over by it yet

im in megaton and im walking around but i just dont know what to do really and i cant see anything its too bloody dark

Got to be your settings m8. In those pics above from me, they are a lot darker when put into Photobucket and viewed on here, than they are in the game.

Are you on the PC version?

As for not knowing what to do, leave Megaton and pick a direction on your compass. Keep heading in that direction and both trouble and quests will come your way.

Managed to sneak up on three raiders last night - all inside a truck with the tailgate open. Stood at the end and emptied most of a fully loaded flamer into it.

Result. A trio of BBQ'd raiders. Nice and crispy. ;)

D.