ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

Cayman S Edition 1
iPhone app is now available to download

image.png

Cayman S Edition 1
Anyone else pre-ordered the Survival Guide? Wondering if its worth getting or not.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Any reviews on this game yet as I really want to get it but dont really like shooting games but like GTA type games.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Any reviews on this game yet as I really want to get it but dont really like shooting games but like GTA type games.
Read a review for Fallout 3. If you think you'll like that, you'll like Fallout 4. It's not really like GTA, more in the vein of stuff like Skyrim

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Read a review for Fallout 3. If you think you'll like that, you'll like Fallout 4. It's not really like GTA, more in the vein of stuff like Skyrim
Oh cool, really like Skyrim! going to check out fallout 3 reviews now.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Bear in mind though Flalout 4 seems to be angled away from pure use of VATS for shooting and is moving towards more ' real time' FPS action (did I get that right?). It put me off Fallout 3 at the time.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
VATS is the best thing though!
It kind of took away from the experience for me at the time as I was all about Major League Gaming COD multi-kill 420 y0. When I pushed myself to have another go it made more sense.

Interested to see how the new shooting dynamics work out. Would be nice to have a choice, I think.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It kind of took away from the experience for me at the time as I was all about Major League Gaming COD multi-kill 420 y0. When I pushed myself to have another go it made more sense.

Interested to see how the new shooting dynamics work out. Would be nice to have a choice, I think.
VATS is love, VATS is life

Clio Trophy
If any of you guys on a PC and use Steam, if you "live" in New Zealand(VPN) you should be able to unlock and play at 11am ;)

Suzuki Jimny
Bear in mind though Flalout 4 seems to be angled away from pure use of VATS for shooting and is moving towards more ' real time' FPS action (did I get that right?). It put me off Fallout 3 at the time.
Was that the silly thing where you pause the shooting and then decide which part to shoot at? Hated that aspect of fallout 3 so much that I didn't finish it.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Bigger changes are reserved for VATS, or the "Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System." In Fallout 3 and New Vegas, hitting the left bumper on your controller would freeze time completely, allowing you to target specific enemies and their weak spots using a number-driven system of probabilities and critical hit rolls. And while the latter elements are still present, the safety of frozen time is nowhere to be found. VATS now slows time down to a crawl instead, which is still useful, mind, but not godlike in its broad, ass-saving applications.

Listerine & Poledo
Will you have time to eat entire trailer-ful of sugar bombs and Fancy Lads to recover health middeathclaw fight?

Nope, no deliveries today, Got the hardback book supposedly coming in from Amazon and the Pipboy from Game....both have been despatched already

DCi
did anyone read that apparently they not only embargoed the reviews til today but they embargoed the journos from revealing the review release date until last weekend haha

Listerine & Poledo
Given how they probably only got their review copies last week, that doesn't surprise.

All the pip-boy edition unboxing videos from [any given youtube channel] gave that away :)

DCi
the article I read said the guy had his review copy for ages and he got into trouble for tweeting that it had arrived haha

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Waiting for f**king Steam to unpack 24 f**king gig. Fluctuating between 10 minutes and 4 hours. GG Steam, GG.
Should have put it on the SSD :/

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Preordered, but said I will wait til my birthday to play it...(22nd)....

Will see what happens if I get home to a parcel.