ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
So I have a £30 gift card from hmv..only thing that I am interested in is the fallout 4 season pass! So it looks like I will be getting it! Probably wait till it comes out and hear the feedback on it

Listerine & Poledo
So I have a £30 gift card from hmv..only thing that I am interested in is the fallout 4 season pass! So it looks like I will be getting it! Probably wait till it comes out and hear the feedback on it
No point, just get it bought and registered.

You know what it'll be. a few new quest paths and some of the boarded up houses will be made accessible.
Oh, and new craftables.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
No advantage waiting or not waiting really..the price might change so I'll wait. Is fairly useless buying it now anyway. Almost a waste of time.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This guy needs to plan his actions a little more constructively:

Slight spoiler alert (though I guess not very). Tried my hand on a detective mission last night.

Managed to get caught sneaking into a house because I didn't bother to try go fetch the key. Didn't know what to do so I killed off a guard and someone else, then had the entire Diamond City including all the traders run after me. Managed to hit the jackpot with a lucky grenade and basically killed all of them including my next quest objective guy who was eager to chat to me half the time, then tried killing me the other half.

Got stuck in the quest line because my friend/foe quest target was only half way through our chat when I came back to town a couple of days later, so I desperately tried to advance the quest line by breaking into his house, and that only made it worse. The remaining citizens of the city attacked me in a basement so I threw a grenade in there, succeeding to kill them all but also my companion/lover. Her arm got ripped off in the process and she's now dead forever.

In the end I had a moral chat with the 'killer' in this story and told him off for his poor ethics, then he killed himself.

So, I killed my best friend in the game, every single trader in Diamond City, about half a dozen guards then convinced someone to kill themselves. I'm possibly the worst detective ever :eusa_doh:

Same guy...

I got stuck in the room where you first meet 'Shaun' in a glass cage. I tried jumping around for several minutes, sat down and waited for a couple of hours, shot a few holes in switches and the wall before I realised that I had to talk to 'Shaun' 😧

So I guess I was pretty impatient when I spoke to him and he told me that he was 'not my son'. I got pretty angry, so when he called on 'father' I shot his head straight off in the second he entered the room before he uttered a word. This obviously made the institute pretty pissed off, but I guess the game didn't plan on many people shooting the head of one of the main characters before he got properly introduced.

So while all the synths and soldiers were bugging out, trying to hit with me grenades through walls and yelling at me, they couldn't get past any of the doors and neither could I, so I had to return back the way I came from and went online to see that I had killed Shaun 😧

So I guess when I finished the game later on, there was a massive part I didn't get to see... And I don't have a save game from the last few hours before the fatal incident, so I'm not really bothered to go back through several hours of game play to see an alternative ending either. I was pretty pissed off at that point, so I didn't issue an evacuation order and I didn't bother to take 'fake-Shaun' with me either and everyone in the Minutemen were really mad with me when we got back up over ground.

Job done I suppose 😧

😂

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Haha that's class. It is tempting to kill everyone you see..I've messed about killing the diamond city mob before. It's not really worth it though

Listerine & Poledo
Has anyone encountered Drinking Buddy yet?

And, if so, I need some help

Basically, I dragged him back to goodneighbor so I could find out if the quest arc he's part of is worth it. I get there, it isn't, I want to keep him. But no, I can't interect with Drinking Buddy any more, all I can do is weigh him in at Hotel Rexford...

.But the "(Optional) Keep Drinking Buddy for yourself" quest option still shows on the pip boy, and I can tell the bloke at rexford thatI'm keeping it too.

Most confuse. I have left the quest stagnant for a good game-week now, thinking somehting might reset

Cayman S Edition 1
This guy needs to plan his actions a little more constructively:

Slight spoiler alert (though I guess not very). Tried my hand on a detective mission last night.

Managed to get caught sneaking into a house because I didn't bother to try go fetch the key. Didn't know what to do so I killed off a guard and someone else, then had the entire Diamond City including all the traders run after me. Managed to hit the jackpot with a lucky grenade and basically killed all of them including my next quest objective guy who was eager to chat to me half the time, then tried killing me the other half.

Got stuck in the quest line because my friend/foe quest target was only half way through our chat when I came back to town a couple of days later, so I desperately tried to advance the quest line by breaking into his house, and that only made it worse. The remaining citizens of the city attacked me in a basement so I threw a grenade in there, succeeding to kill them all but also my companion/lover. Her arm got ripped off in the process and she's now dead forever.

In the end I had a moral chat with the 'killer' in this story and told him off for his poor ethics, then he killed himself.

So, I killed my best friend in the game, every single trader in Diamond City, about half a dozen guards then convinced someone to kill themselves. I'm possibly the worst detective ever :eusa_doh:

Same guy...

I got stuck in the room where you first meet 'Shaun' in a glass cage. I tried jumping around for several minutes, sat down and waited for a couple of hours, shot a few holes in switches and the wall before I realised that I had to talk to 'Shaun' 😧

So I guess I was pretty impatient when I spoke to him and he told me that he was 'not my son'. I got pretty angry, so when he called on 'father' I shot his head straight off in the second he entered the room before he uttered a word. This obviously made the institute pretty pissed off, but I guess the game didn't plan on many people shooting the head of one of the main characters before he got properly introduced.

So while all the synths and soldiers were bugging out, trying to hit with me grenades through walls and yelling at me, they couldn't get past any of the doors and neither could I, so I had to return back the way I came from and went online to see that I had killed Shaun 😧

So I guess when I finished the game later on, there was a massive part I didn't get to see... And I don't have a save game from the last few hours before the fatal incident, so I'm not really bothered to go back through several hours of game play to see an alternative ending either. I was pretty pissed off at that point, so I didn't issue an evacuation order and I didn't bother to take 'fake-Shaun' with me either and everyone in the Minutemen were really mad with me when we got back up over ground.

Job done I suppose 😧

😂
Fair to say you've completely buggered the story line of the whole game. There's so much you're going to miss out I'd almost start again.

Cayman S Edition 1
Has anyone encountered Drinking Buddy yet?

And, if so, I need some help

Basically, I dragged him back to goodneighbor so I could find out if the quest arc he's part of is worth it. I get there, it isn't, I want to keep him. But no, I can't interect with Drinking Buddy any more, all I can do is weigh him in at Hotel Rexford...

.But the "(Optional) Keep Drinking Buddy for yourself" quest option still shows on the pip boy, and I can tell the bloke at rexford thatI'm keeping it too.

Most confuse. I have left the quest stagnant for a good game-week now, thinking somehting might reset
Me too. I think its a bug. I have that and one other mission out standing that I can't finish due to a bug.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I immediately sent buddy to my main settlement so didn't have any issue. He provides me with shitty jokes and cold beer. What's not to love

Cayman S Edition 1
Finally reached level 100, but the Railroad missions are just getting repetitive now. Hurry up DLC.

Noticed my Gauss Rifle does 345 damage which explains how it destroys all now (also has the perk of 50% more limb damage).

Cayman S Edition 1
Have you not finished the main storyline? How many perks/levels are there?
Sadly finished it ages ago. Just doing mini missions to rank up.

270 perks I think, so I've got a while to go.

There are lots of magazine to collect which also give boosts (got most of them) and also have all 10 bobbleheads.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Are there only 10 bobble heads? I have 2 racks full of magazines so far and they're all displayed in my settlement, proper sad I am!

Cayman S Edition 1
Are there only 10 bobble heads? I have 2 racks full of magazines so far and they're all displayed in my settlement, proper sad I am!
Doh, meant 20.

I'm extremely embarrassed to say that I have a rack for each type of magazine so they don't get messed up. Also helps me count how many I'm missing.....

Cayman S Edition 1
Magazines collected so far
3 x Wasteland Survival Guide
3 x Hot Rodder
4 x Grognak the Barbarian
3 x RoboCo Fun
2 x Live & Love
3 x Guns & Bullets
2 x Taboo Tattoos
2 x Tumbler Today
1 x Total Hack
2 x Unstoppables
3 x U.S. Covert Operations Manual
5 x Picket Fences
6 x Tesla Science
10 x Astoundingly Awesome Tales
2 x Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Awesome. I like collecting the bobble heads and magazines. Having them on show is good too. I also have a little sentry bot model which is cool. Apart from that it's all the usual pish typewriters and the like

SQ5
If you don't have the magazine on your person does it still effect you?

Did you get magazine stand from another settlement and store and retrieve at different settlement or can you build one?

Sure bobble head stand has 15 or so spaces.

Cayman S Edition 1
If you don't have the magazine on your person does it still effect you?

Did you get magazine stand from another settlement and store and retrieve at different settlement or can you build one?

Sure bobble head stand has 15 or so spaces.
Yes it does.

Build one under Furniture > Shelves

Bobble head stand has 3 shelves. Supports 7+7+6

LY Megane R26
I've currently just turnt to level 11, but got 1 Day and about an hour or so of game played. I swear I haven't played it that long, feels I hardly get time to play it!
Was wondering if when I leave my xbox on pause or not properly shut it down it counts up the time, or would it pause when you pause the game?

Haven't even touched the story line yet, two or three quest done roughly, haven't even been to diamond city, just been wandering about looting, building up my settlement etc.

Came across Kendall Hospital last night, sneaked about killing the raiders with my switch blade doing 4x more damage with a sneak attack. Used a few guns here and there, then there was a deathclaw once you jump down the ledge. Killed me a good 7/8 times before I placed a bottlecap mine in its path, used VATS, a missile launcher I got from a raider up the top, and a critical hit to a leg, Still took another 2/3 hits after that to bring it down tho!

Love it at the moment tho, currently just finding new places, clearing the inside, then going back and looting everything.
Hardly use power armour either, only got the one.

Went down a luck / sneak kind of path with my SPECIAL perks. But building it up so can have strong back and gun nut soon.

I've currently just turnt to level 11, but got 1 Day and about an hour or so of game played. I swear I haven't played it that long, feels I hardly get time to play it!
Was wondering if when I leave my xbox on pause or not properly shut it down it counts up the time, or would it pause when you pause the game?

Haven't even touched the story line yet, two or three quest done roughly, haven't even been to diamond city, just been wandering about looting, building up my settlement etc.

Came across Kendall Hospital last night, sneaked about killing the raiders with my switch blade doing 4x more damage with a sneak attack. Used a few guns here and there, then there was a deathclaw once you jump down the ledge. Killed me a good 7/8 times before I placed a bottlecap mine in its path, used VATS, a missile launcher I got from a raider up the top, and a critical hit to a leg, Still took another 2/3 hits after that to bring it down tho!

Love it at the moment tho, currently just finding new places, clearing the inside, then going back and looting everything.
Hardly use power armour either, only got the one.

Went down a luck / sneak kind of path with my SPECIAL perks. But building it up so can have strong back and gun nut soon.

Not sure, but it seems likely as I have about 1 day 7 hours gameplay and am level 29 so seems unlikely you'd only be level 11 with 6 hours less.

It is a bloody great game. I need to more unaided exploring, I only visit places for quests really so should go for a stroll more.

Listerine & Poledo
It is a bloody great game. I need to more unaided exploring, I only visit places for quests really so should go for a stroll more.

Switch off the tasks in your pip boy, pick a direction, walk in it.
I'd advise you don't push too far south though, not yet. ;)

First 21 levels I did were pretty much all pointless ambling, but I did bump into an old ship on a bank and completed that quest

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
For anyone looking for things to do the silver shroud missions are worthwhile. Lots of caps and xp to be had. Can be found in good neighbour hood, then into the memory den then one of the rooms has a guy called Kent there. Speak to him

Cayman S Edition 1
Discovered another area today and found my 4th set of X-01 armour which was bizarre, as I thought there were only 3 in the game.

SQ5
For anyone looking for things to do the silver shroud missions are worthwhile. Lots of caps and xp to be had. Can be found in good neighbour hood, then into the memory den then one of the rooms has a guy called Kent there. Speak to him

Cheers for that, I did a mission in a film studio and picked up the silver shroud outfit and can't drop it or put it away. I'll head there!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Once you've completed the silver shroud missions you can get rid of the gear from your inventory

Cayman S Edition 1
I also recommend googling "ballistic fibre". Its an awesome unlock that allows you to upgrade army fatigues which you can wear under armour.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Is ballistic fibre got through the railroad? I did zero railroad missions stupidly so missed out on the deliverer aswell

Listerine & Poledo
Do you have to push the railroad quest line far enough to piss off the institute?
also, @Jay_A chances are you're still finding random armour loot, just that what you find is levelled and aren't you Lvl.100 or something? So it's not going to be bringing out the base-level Radier armour :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What damage resistant armour has everyone got? I'm struggling to find anything better than 45 using the minute men generals uniform how do I get better?

I'm only level 21

Cayman S Edition 1
Do you have to push the railroad quest line far enough to piss off the institute?
also, @Jay_A chances are you're still finding random armour loot, just that what you find is levelled and aren't you Lvl.100 or something? So it's not going to be bringing out the base-level Radier armour :smile:
Yeah I found a website that shows all map items last night. Turned out the two power armours I found were supposed to be there.

http://fallout4map.com (don't check it out if you don't want to know where everything is)

Listerine & Poledo
What damage resistant armour has everyone got? I'm struggling to find anything better than 45 using the minute men generals uniform how do I get better?

I'm only level 21
2e5e56223665adbae0d92f1bb16a6201.jpg

That's just normal armour pieces, with mods attached.