ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Spectacle is a great settlement. Mine has around 6 buildings of varying storeys. I literally have nowhere left to build on it

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I think I have 17 settlers..

I want to upload a video walk through. I'll try get it done tomorrow and upload it here. If I did it with pics it would need to be about 30 pics to cover

Listerine & Poledo
I want to upload a video walk through. I'll try get it done tomorrow and upload it here. If I did it with pics it would need to be about 30 pics to cover

I was putting one of those together last night, just a wander around the 4 places I've put any effort into.
Praise ShareFactory!

Clio Trophy
using steam beta updates now, a few nice improvements just added :D mostly, now being able to see if your settler is assigned to something!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Yeah its got to that now. Thankfully those missions are few and far between as I seem to have done most of them.

Getting a tad bored though, so really need that DLC soon. Kinda wished I'd played it on the PC to make the most of all the mods that are out now. But sod starting again. I'm level 103 and 250 hours in.
I transferred my Skyrim save from 360 to PC. Must be possible with this?

Listerine & Poledo
"Enraging Fat Man"
Critical hit cause target to frenzy

How completely pointless. Critical hits cause target to be dead!

LY Megane R26
Different game for me now, having never played the fallout games before I just thought it was the way the game was ment to be. Until a mate came over and said it felt really weird and jumpy.
It's a new 55" Phillips TV, managed to change the settings so it now knows it's playing on a console and its 100x better. Feels like a different game!

Level 16 I think now, just got to Diamond City. Might crack on with a few side missions I've got from there tonight.

Now I've been to diamond city and met a few traders I'm thinking of selling a few items. I've got like 4 Fatmans.
Do people sell these or scrounge them to get screws etc?

Listerine & Poledo
Now I've been to diamond city and met a few traders I'm thinking of selling a few items. I've got like 4 Fatmans.
Do people sell these or scrounge them to get screws etc?
Sell.

You'll get enough caps from selling them to be able to buy the junk parts for screws etc anyway.

Last edited:

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I always scrapped them because I couldn't be bothered to go to all the different merchants who only have about 300 caps for buying stuff from you.

Ok if you've got lots of shops in your settlement I guess.

Listerine & Poledo
Ok if you've got lots of shops in your settlement I guess.
Exactly.
Cap collector 2/3. Local leader 2. Build yourself a weapon vendor who'll have 700/1200 caps of spending money, a nice stock of ammo and sometimes some guns with bits you may want.... I found a .308 combat rifle in mine and asset stripped it, then sold the base rifle back.
.308 receiver cost me about 50 caps all in.

I make all my caps from producing purified water which I either just sell or buy materials with.
So, I'm guessing thats from your big purifier settlements. Do the purifiers start bunging water into the workbench inventory, like how traders add caps?

Cayman S Edition 1
Exactly.
Cap collector 2/3. Local leader 2. Build yourself a weapon vendor who'll have 700/1200 caps of spending money, a nice stock of ammo and sometimes some guns with bits you may want.... I found a .308 combat rifle in mine and asset stripped it, then sold the base rifle back.
.308 receiver cost me about 50 caps all in.

So, I'm guessing thats from your big purifier settlements. Do the purifiers start bunging water into the workbench inventory, like how traders add caps?
Yup, my one at Sanctuary Hills can produce 170-200 purified water over a day or so I think (don't quote me on that). Thats normally worth around 3500 caps I think.

Cayman S Edition 1
I just do random runs to the Diamond City Market with a tonne of purified water and buy wood, copper, steel and anything else I need.

Listerine & Poledo
How are you good gents getting on with the size limits on settlements anyway? Particularly PS4 users.

I'm almost out of space at the Rocket, and Starlight Drive in is now max'd out. I don't use the prefabs when building and the builds I've done are nowhere near as complex and impressive as others I'm seeing..... Do prefabs take up less memory than the parts they'd be made of if you built them yourself?

Cayman S Edition 1
another tip, if you're at Diamond City Markets and need more of something after you've bought it. Grab a chair and wait 48 hours. Stock will normally re-appear.

Cayman S Edition 1
How are you good gents getting on with the size limits on settlements anyway? Particularly PS4 users.

I'm almost out of space at the Rocket, and Starlight Drive in is now max'd out. I don't use the prefabs when building and the builds I've done are nowhere near as complex and impressive as others I'm seeing..... Do prefabs take up less memory than the parts they'd be made of if you built them yourself?
I use the glitch method.

1. Go to workbench, dump all my weapons on the floor
2. Open workbench and add all weapons to the store (B on Xbox)
3. Take all the weapons from the store back
4. Repeat as necessary.

This reduces the amount of space used at a settlement.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I just do random runs to the Diamond City Market with a tonne of purified water and buy wood, copper, steel and anything else I need.
True, I guess if you're buying and selling, then you're giving them caps and taking them back.

If I'd have got more into settlements it would probably have been more relevant to me, but all I ever really needed throughout the game was 10mm rounds and .50cal rounds.

Maybe I should've got more into settlements, but so many games to play and only so much time. Still got Nathan Drake collection and Arkham Knight in packaging and want to play Tomb Raider too.

Cayman S Edition 1
True, I guess if you're buying and selling, then you're giving them caps and taking them back.

If I'd have got more into settlements it would probably have been more relevant to me, but all I ever really needed throughout the game was 10mm rounds and .50cal rounds.

Maybe I should've got more into settlements, but so many games to play and only so much time. Still got Nathan Drake collection and Arkham Knight in packaging and want to play Tomb Raider too.
Keep an eye out for the Spray n Pray machine gun. It has explosive shells which is the best gun I've found for killing Gouls ;)
Also Gauss Rifles decimate all. Mine's at 384 damage I think.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I
Any PS4'ers fancy a CS-group partyline?

I'm on ps4 mate. What do you mean by this?

I basically run the same game as jay. Water purifiers galore. Producing a s**t load of water to sell. My traders bring in around 200 caps a day for me.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Keep an eye out for the Spray n Pray machine gun. It has explosive shells which is the best gun I've found for killing Gouls :wink:
Also Gauss Rifles decimate all. Mine's at 384 damage I think.
I just used the Deliverer on pretty much everything because my build was all about using VATS and getting the most possible shots in VATS, I was able to take something like 30 shots in one VATS with that gun, combined with the 3.5x damage bonus from the Sneak perk and it was immense, could take down Swan with 5 bullets. Other perks added to it too, like the one where you get a damage multiplier for the second enemy you hit in VATS, and then another multiplier for the third enemy etc, and the perk that gives quicker AP restoration.

I had a .50 sniper for clearing out enemies from a far, Legendary Ghoul Slayer Pistol for ghouls to save 10mm ammo and Kellog's Pistol for anything close range, but it never got used.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'm liking melee weapons at the moment. Good laugh with some of the modded melee weapons.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm on ps4 mate. What do you mean by this?
Party chat thing.
You can get people (mates?) onto a group voice chat. I was in one last night and it was quite handy
"Has anyone been here"
yes
"Anything I should be looking for"
a bobblehead and a fat man
"I found the fat man, wheres the bobblehead"
etc.
Works best if everyone is using headphones for their game audio, else everybody ends up listing to everyone elses game, so you end up panic-VATSing for enemies on another game altogether

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Got ya. I thought there was some online feature I didn't know about. They should bring out something where your friends can visit your commonwealth and help with some missions etc. Would be a good additional feature and surely wouldn't be too difficult to implement

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That would be great to bring in a multi player part
Just an additional part to the game. Just be nice to invite folk in for some back up and to show them about my settlement. I do like that it's not online but a small additional feature wouldn't hurt

Listerine & Poledo
Just an additional part to the game. Just be nice to invite folk in for some back up and to show them about my settlement. I do like that it's not online but a small additional feature wouldn't hurt
you can show people about with the SharePlay funciton, but yeah, they can't interact.
I did do a "knightmare" style play-along-a-Fallout. The guy disconnected his TV and we all had to command him
"side step to the left"
"walk forwards"
"VATS!!! VATSVATSVATS!!!"
etc.