ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout : New Vegas

N/A
Really wanna play this tonight, I hate sharing a flat with only 1 tv in it :(

Last night I did the ant mission for the boomers, the amount of ammo they store on the bottom level where the ants are, is rediculous!! I picked up alot of missiles countless bullets and 2 mini nukes. Hopeing someone might help me, where do I find the gun that fires the mini nukes?

Octy VRS
So I need to get Benny at the Fort. The Legion are hard b******s even with Boone helping me. Shall I leg it and wait to level up more or can you wipe them out?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Really wanna play this tonight, I hate sharing a flat with only 1 tv in it :(

Last night I did the ant mission for the boomers, the amount of ammo they store on the bottom level where the ants are, is rediculous!! I picked up alot of missiles countless bullets and 2 mini nukes. Hopeing someone might help me, where do I find the gun that fires the mini nukes?
You missed the unique weapon that is in there as well then? (Thump-Thump Grenade launcher)

Golf R32
Oska, the trouble you may come across what I did which is whilst you maybe able to slaughter everyone on the way to the camp once you get into Caesar's tent you get set upon by 6 or so Praetorian, Caesar and at least 1 of the hounds. I've never lasted more than 30 seconds as you get pumelled by Powerfist and what sounds like shotguns :(

Hopefully unlike me you might still have Caesars seal that lets you get in unmolested

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Caravan is where the money is. I've just rocked 90k caps in well under an hour :cool: Can do a guide if people want - I found a way to win all the time

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
OK here is the guide - You will win 9 out of ten games doing this. When you select your caravan deck, chose all the 8's, all the 9's, all the 10's and all the kings. the other cards you pick do not matter, just keep picking them until it lets you play the game.

Once the game commences, DISCARD all the cards that are not 8's 9's 10's or kings (keep doing so until that is all you see in your deck on screen).

The first cards you put down should either be a 9, an 8 or a 10.

Your aim is to make pairs of:

8 and 10
8 and 9

Get all three of your decks containing these numbers.

ONce you have done this, its time to use your kings (if you can't see three kings on screen, carry on discarding until you do).

If you have a 10 and an 8 > PUT THE KING on the 8
If you have a 9 and an 8 > PUT THE KING on the 9

YOu will then find you have 26 on all 3 decks - and win (apart from on the very rare occasions where you dont, in which case you play the game again using the above tactic and you win. For practical examples of this, watch here:

The above technique, combined with scutchio's load and save technique = $$$$$$

All above, feel free to ask questions - It's been working awesome for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Golf R32
Just followed Scutch's trick for caravan and won first time, however the save and load trick doesn't seem to work for the PS3. Saved just as I went in the door, played and won, saved, loaded old save game, loaded new save game and he had the same amount of caps and inventory I had left him with :(

I find I can win fine, I just cant find anyone with decent money to bet with! I played against that bird at the Mojave oupost, and she had about 5k of chips to play, which I won.

But everyone else has like 200 or so, so it's not worth it really.

Where are the highrollers of the desert lol?!

Right, I though I got this caravan malarky, but apparently not!

Why have I not won this game yet? I've stopped it here as I dont know that to do!

5136792351_c416646c7d_z.jpg

EDIT: Ah ok, I just put my king on his deck with the 26 score, then I won. Slowly getting it lol!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
exactly, you made his caravan bust lol. That is one of the situations where you sometimes lose

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just followed Scutch's trick for caravan and won first time, however the save and load trick doesn't seem to work for the PS3. Saved just as I went in the door, played and won, saved, loaded old save game, loaded new save game and he had the same amount of caps and inventory I had left him with :(

It shouldn't matter, TBH, mate. The save, then load, then load again will at least restock Cliff's inventory. You can then buy all his wares and he'll have the money again to use in Caravan, which you'll then win back. LOL.

Repeat, etc. etc.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
OK here is the guide - You will win 9 out of ten games doing this. When you select your caravan deck, chose all the 8's, all the 9's, all the 10's and all the kings. the other cards you pick do not matter, just keep picking them until it lets you play the game.

Once the game commences, DISCARD all the cards that are not 8's 9's 10's or kings (keep doing so until that is all you see in your deck on screen).

The first cards you put down should either be a 9, an 8 or a 10.

Your aim is to make pairs of:

8 and 10
8 and 9

Get all three of your decks containing these numbers.

ONce you have done this, its time to use your kings (if you can't see three kings on screen, carry on discarding until you do).

If you have a 10 and an 8 > PUT THE KING on the 8
If you have a 9 and an 8 > PUT THE KING on the 9

YOu will then find you have 26 on all 3 decks - and win (apart from on the very rare occasions where you dont, in which case you play the game again using the above tactic and you win. For practical examples of this, watch here:

The above technique, combined with scutchio's load and save technique = $$$$$$

All above, feel free to ask questions - It's been working awesome for me.

Pretty much like the way I'm using, but I'm going for 7, 9 and 10's. So 7, then 9, then 10. Totalling 26. Once I have 3 lots of 26, I can use the King or any other face card on the opponents deck to bust him. That's if it even gets that far. Job done.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Punto/Clio GTT
seen a sniper rifle in gun runners i was tempted to buy, is it worth it or are there better long ranged rifles for free later on?

Polo + Micra
anyone else having problems loading save games?

mine is either crashing in the middle of loading or telling me i have downloadable content missing and then aborts:S

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Do you have to load twice scutch?

Save a game after a win. Then hit start, load an older save file (could be from days ago), then once that's loaded, hit start again and reload the save you've just made prior. It's basically refreshing the game's inventory.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Just as a general q, what armour are people rolling with?

Combat armour, although i know it isn't the best in the game :(

this game keeps crashing on the ps3. I've been gaming since 6 and its crashed 2 times :(

Tesla MP3 2021
Im still going round in the Armored Vault 13 Jumpsuit, fancy something different.

Punto/Clio GTT
im rocking the space suit (light/-10dt) with boones headgear (+5% crit)

no crashes (yet) on PC

finally got round to sortinf that ED robot out, hes decent enough.

im using lily too, she rocks.

anyone else find them flying things ridiculously hard? like you go through the hills and theres 4 or 5 of them and they do 1/3rd damage every hit, i try and avoid them now :\

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I've been rocking a recon beret and the combat armour mark II from the BoH shop which I'll use until I get power armour. Still upto 15 and only about half condition so good as a Med armour.

Just got the NCR 2 way radio that allows me to call in NCR Ranger or trooper back up. WIN.

Also just set the Yes man up in 38 so I'm sorted there just going round each group to get em on board.

Lovin it still. How do I check my hours played?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've den rocking a recon beret and the combat armour mark II from the BoH shop which I'll use until I get power armour.

Just got the NCR 2 way radio that allows me to call in NCR Ranger or trooper back up. WIN.

Also just set the Yes man up in 38 so I'm sorted there just going round each group to get em on board.

Lovin it still. How do I check my hours played?

It's on your save game file name.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Anyone killed Benny and took his gun, Maria?

Is there any other way to get that gun other than kill him? Just asking, mind. I'm absolutely nowhere near that stage yet.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
The silver 9mm?

If so yeah but from his cold dead hands after I riddled his body with bullets while Boone beat him with a pool cue.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The guy in the dyno bite cafe just got awesome at caravan :S I can't win him now. Thank funk for auto saves, i lost 50k to him :eek:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Anybody else got victoria as a follower? She chins everything! Also anybody ventured into volt22?

v6
Anybody else got victoria as a follower? She chins everything! Also anybody ventured into volt22?

I've just met her but currently rolling with ED-E and Boone, might sack off ED-E and go with her if she's decent as he keeps starting random fights!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've just met her but currently rolling with ED-E and Boone, might sack off ED-E and go with her if she's decent as he keeps starting random fights!

Set ED-E to passive then he'll only attack when you do.

I've racked up 42 hours now and about to meet Benny.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
tell you what i dont understand caravan in the slighest it just doesn't make sence.