ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fan Belt

I know its slightly off topic.

My girl friend ownes a Skoda Favorit, bless her little cotten socks. Anyway her fanbelt is a bit duff and needs replaceing. Now I have never had to replace one of these but you hear people using old tights for temporary fixes, so I thought it shouldnt be that hard. I decided to check in the Haynes (for the clio) to see what spanner rating they gave it. Couldnt find a single reference to the damn thing.

So I ask you:

a) how hard is it, on any car you have had to do it on.

b) where is the damn thing in haynes

c) the clio does have a fanbelt doesnt it? Or has renault put in a fan string of onions instead?

Paul

skoda! Favorite! Great cars actually.

Engines rev to buggery and back!

Theres even stickewrs on the under side of the bonnet to tell you about gaps for the tappets, plugs etc.

Oh yeah the water pump even has a grease filler! Fantastic.

Anyway the alt/fan belts easy to change. It only goes from the crank to the water pump and alt. Loosen the alt and swivel it, 13mm spanners needed.

A lot easier on access than the clios.

Have a look for aux drivebelt or alternator belt or anything belt in the haynes. Its should be under general maintenence.