ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fao 197 owners or mk3 with key cards

just incase you didnt know or havent read the hand book if you press the handle button repeatly it dead locks your doors the headlites also flash in
a fancy way :cool:

Ultra Red 197
Yeah.. I made sure I read that bit of the manual..

It doesnt mention tho when the doors are deadlock and you have an accident, they auto unlock.. I was concerned theyd have to bury me in it.. !!

:D

Megane 230 R26
The system may be designed to automatically unlock the doors in the event of an accident, but you can never guarantee how a car's electronics will behave in a crash, it depends on what damage is inflicted to it.

Although it's probably academic because if you have sufficiently bad shunt you won't get the doors open anyway, the Clio body has specific design features that mean the force of the impact pins the doors into the structure, increasing the strength of the "safety cell" and maximising the energy transmission around the passengers. Just be glad that all the airbags etc should limit your injuries and then some nice person like me will whizz along to cut them off for you ;)

Ultra Red 197
lol.

in depth? bit pasionate about safety there matey!

But all the better as I'm a little wiser to my car!

Cheeeeerssssss

G

Megane 230 R26
Seen a lot of car crashes basically through my job!

Can't go wrong with a Mk3 Clio tbh mate, 5-star Euro NCAP and lots of airbags, although the best option is undoubtedly not crashing in the first place, it's a pretty good choice of car to be in :D

sw1

Clio 172
Got to agree I feel a lot more safe in my 197 then I ever did in my 2 * 172's, solid built plus 5* admitedtly it is now the same weight as a world war 2 tank ;o))