ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO; Anyone with a Scorpion on 172

172 cup
Fitted my Scorpion other day, and noticed it actually sits on the rear axle so it knocks over harsh bumps. Just wondered if anyone else with the same exhaust could pop there head under the back of there car to see if theres sits on the rear axle?

The rear mount is fine before anyone suggests it and the tailpipe is sat about 2mm from rear bumper.

If its the norm does anyone know where I can get some heat proof wadding or something along those lines to cushion it . . .

ph1 172
I experienced this when i fitted a k-tec stealth to mine.

I strengthened the visualy ok mounts with airline pipe/cable ties etc and fiddled with adjustment on the back box.

Just trial and error really.

Is it a heavy system?

172 cup
It physicaly cant sit any higher up so to speak as the tailpipe touches the back bumper. Wouldnt say it was that heavy

Clio 172 phase 2
I had the same problem when i fitted mine myself on the drive. I got sick of the knocking on the rear axle so went to see me mate and he done it on the ramp with a bit of twistin and its sweet now.

172 cup
^ did mine on the drive too, maybe bit of twisting on the ramp is what it needs, is a royal ball ache to see how it all lines up on the deck