ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Hopefully mine won't break! Just ordered one and used my Game reward points so got it cheaper.

Had those points for years and years so it's nice to actually spend them!

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Really want to get this, just hope my finances permit!

I asked you a while back about damage etc...How realistic is the damage on here would you say mate?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Had a cheeky go on this today at trax, was a pretty good game with the exception of being on the PS3, controller is awful for racing games. Cant wait to get it now though :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
i dusted (literally!) off the G25 today, not used it for about 2 years which is ridiculous, but i picked up DiRT 2 in asda for £15 and have been rinsing it, god its soooooooo much better with a wheel, the feel you get is so much better with the force feedback.

can't wait to try it on F1 one.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
i dusted (literally!) off the G25 today, not used it for about 2 years which is ridiculous, but i picked up DiRT 2 in asda for £15 and have been rinsing it, god its soooooooo much better with a wheel, the feel you get is so much better with the force feedback.

can't wait to try it on F1 one.

i played the Dirt 2 demo on my newly acquired G25, gotta agree its very impressive :D

FN2 Type R GT
ive never had a go on any of the racing wheels, will it really alter the gameplay? can i be sat on the sofa and use it or do the pedals move around all over the floor and steering wheel become too much if im just sat down? dont want to spend the money and find i never use it...

Depends what you buy really. I had the official 360 one and it wasn't particularly great. It can be used without any stands or anything but does move around alot on your legs.

Other options available if your not at a desk are:

Expensive:
2168_1.jpg

Cheaper:
wheelpromain.jpg

The wheel to buy is the Logitech G25. Its pretty expensive at £150ish but it really is worth the extra over any of the other wheels available. The level of quality and accuracy is so much higher than other wheels is unbelievable. I was skeptical when I ordered mine after having a Saitek wheel for about 6 months but it just blows away anything else I have ever used. It will easily knock off a couple of seconds on laptimes compared to other wheels and makes games much more enjoyable.

dk

911 GTS Cab
What stand is that second one the g25 is on, looks perfect?

Mine is very posh, it's an ironing board!

I'll take a pic of my amazing setup sometime.

Steering wheel makes it so much more realistic, it's more aural turning a wheel than moving a stick, more accurate too.

2rgyz9y.jpg

My old setup. You can get a little adapter for the brake pedal which makes it much easier to heel and toe. New setup currently consists of 2x24" screens with a 3rd being added for some awesome racing :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
2168_1.jpg

That's the seat I use with my G25, time to look it out and get it setup again. I'll test it with Dirt 2.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Wheelstand pro for g27 ordered!

Sure they are cheaper than when I checked last tine, when I think lee bought one.

Will have it for next weekend, got f1 and gran tourismo coming io so should get some use out of it. Wanted something I can hide away in the cupboard too.

They had it on a dozen or so screens on the PS3 at Trax yesterday. Didn't get a chance to actually play as it was pretty busy but it looks awesome and even awesomer in the wet!

I saw Lee too ;)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Think I'm going to get one of those Wheelstand Pro's, they look awesome!

DK - Did you order from the official website?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
2rgyz9y.jpg

My old setup. You can get a little adapter for the brake pedal which makes it much easier to heel and toe. New setup currently consists of 2x24" screens with a 3rd being added for some awesome racing :D

Jesus my eyes would be in pieces sitting that close to the TV ;)

M135i
The wheelstand pro looks like a pretty neat solution to it all.

However, anyone know if it allows you to mount the gear lever on the left as in a RHD car?

Seems to have gone quiet on the review front, looking forward to the likes of Eurogamer etc getting hold of it, presumably they all have review copies now?

More excited about this than about any other game for years, even tempted to have a day or two off in October to crash out and put some proper hours into it!

FN2 Type R GT
More excited about this than about any other game for years, even tempted to have a day or two off in October to crash out and put some proper hours into it!

I've been thinking this aswell, literally cannot wait, more excited then forza, gta, halo etc, i think its because there hasnt been a decent f1 game in years and years and this one seems to have so much promise and has been built up over the last year! roll on the 22nd/23rd ;) hopefully, depending on when shopto send them out that is!

I finish working for the summer on the 23rd to go back to uni, perfect timing or what...

dk

911 GTS Cab
Think I'm going to get one of those Wheelstand Pro's, they look awesome!

DK - Did you order from the official website?

Sure did, ordered last night, go an email first thing this morning saying it had been shipped, so should arrive next couple of days I guess, will let you know. Went for the g27 as it's heavier and slightly wider so I thought it would be even more stable, only cost £8 more.

Very good service so far though :D

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm looking forward to seeing what Eurogamer give it too. I know they have the game as we've been in talks with them over who is writing the review.

Good news. All versions except Polish and Russian are gold. We made it, and none of us died from lack of sleep. To celebrate we all have the afternoon off to get hammered.

I just hope my meeting with Ant and another dude I can't name doesn't over run. We're getting cracking on 2011 already.

Did anyone play it at Trax at the weekend?

Lee

BMW M2C
When I ordered my wheelstandpro I was so impressed I sent then a nice email to tell them what I thought. They even took the time to reply. I got both MS and Logitech fitments ready for GT5.

I can't recommend them highly enough.

dk

911 GTS Cab
indeed, they seem very personable, i'm impressed and will do the same and mail them once it arrives, just a shame i can't use it because of my sprained ankle yesterday.

I thought about buying the xbox attachment, i just don't have a steering wheel for it, maybe i would have played forza 3 more than twice if i had a steering wheel though. May contact them and see if i can buy it separately if i ever get one, i'm sure they will accommodate me!

what does going gold mean though, it is finished product?

Lee

BMW M2C
indeed, they seem very personable, i'm impressed and will do the same and mail them once it arrives, just a shame i can't use it because of my sprained ankle yesterday.

I thought about buying the xbox attachment, i just don't have a steering wheel for it, maybe i would have played forza 3 more than twice if i had a steering wheel though. May contact them and see if i can buy it separately if i ever get one, i'm sure they will accommodate me!

what does going gold mean though, it is finished product?

I've had my MS wheel for ages, but never bothered to use it until I got the wheelstand. Now I won't play most racing games without a wheel. DiRT 2 on the wheel is amazing, and Forza is more involving. Blur etc. I still use the pad.

Gold Master, it's off to be pressed. Once we're done it has to go through Microsoft, Sony and GFWL submission before it's all done and dusted, and it's passed all their quality and techincal requirements.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've had my MS wheel for ages, but never bothered to use it until I got the wheelstand. Now I won't play most racing games without a wheel. DiRT 2 on the wheel is amazing, and Forza is more involving. Blur etc. I still use the pad.

Gold Master, it's off to be pressed. Once we're done it has to go through Microsoft, Sony and GFWL submission before it's all done and dusted, and it's passed all their quality and techincal requirements.

Good point there - I think it does vary from racing game to racing game. I would never, ever play GTR Evo without a wheel now - but I'm happy to play Burnout Paradise with a mere keyboard. I can imagine trying F1 2010 with the 'ol arrow keys would be an absolute fecking joke. ;)

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
Good point there - I think it does vary from racing game to racing game. I would never, ever play GTR Evo without a wheel now - but I'm happy to play Burnout Paradise with a mere keyboard. I can imagine trying F1 2010 with the 'ol arrow keys would be an absolute fecking joke. ;)

D.

You can play it on keyboard with all assists on. I'd never chose to do so though.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've cancelled my 360 pre-order and will get this on the PS3 so that I can make use of my G25 and seat combo.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've just recieved my Xbox 360 steering wheel, time to dust off the copy of Forza this evening I think!