ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Lee

BMW M2C
Drop me a pm next time you need specs, I'll sort some cheap for you.

Sorting some for another member, he just needs to get down here lol.

Nice one, thanks. I'm sorted though, as my mate owns a couple of opticians. It doesn't matter how much he knocks off though, very thin lenses at that prescription are never cheap.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Nice one, thanks. I'm sorted though, as my mate owns a couple of opticians. It doesn't matter how much he knocks off though, very thin lenses at that prescription are never cheap.

Which does he own? Pm me if preferred.

Lol. Genuine question, but how can you tell his eye sight is bad just by looking at the front of his glasses? You can't see the depth of them.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol. Genuine question, but how can you tell his eye sight is bad just by looking at the front of his glasses? You can't see the depth of them.

See the way his head looks smaller through the lenses? Shows he's very short sighted.

Lee

BMW M2C
Sorry if its been mentioned before Lee, but is there specific Logitech G25 support for this? Or is a just a generic DirectInput driver?

Cheers,
D.

I'm pretty sure it's fully supported as we have the shift lights working on the G27.

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok, as no-one else has bitten, i will, you fookin c-unit, i fooking hate you, talk about an amazing weekend, very jealous!!

so it looks like hes beating you, tell me he won!!!!!!!

41363_466117946412_12254981412_7121818_7852946_n.jpg

Whats he like, nice guy?

Lee

BMW M2C
ok, as no-one else has bitten, i will, you fookin c-unit, i fooking hate you, talk about an amazing weekend, very jealous!!

so it looks like hes beating you, tell me he won!!!!!!!

41363_466117946412_12254981412_7121818_7852946_n.jpg

Whats he like, nice guy?

I can't believe Steve posted that. We were keeping it all under wraps so as not to upset the BBC, but then Jake blogged about it earlier in the week anyway. I've got a fair bit of video and more pics of Lewis playing it. I've got a great video which one of the other lads did with me talking to Lewis about car set-up. All very surreal.

Unfortunately we weren't racing each other, he was getting some practice in. He was a really nice bloke. He was very relaxed and really enjoyed playing the game, especially the fact he could chat on coms to the other players. He was only supposed to be there for 20 minutes, but raced for 2 hours solid. Jenson was being interviewed behind us at the time too.

To be honest, I don't think I'm going to be able to top that weekend, although I am trying to get to at least one more race this year, and if I do I'll be welcome in with McLaren all weekend again.

Just been reading the OPM review. It's the first game to get 9/10 out of this studio, and the review is amazing.

Lee

BMW M2C
OOFT, sitting next to Lewis, what an awesome week

Worth all the effort and hours you put into the game?

And then some. For a petrol head and F1 fan like myself it really was the ultimate weekend.

There's a picture of me in the thread I posted in Media of me holding the winners Trophy.

I still haven't calmed down from the experience!

We've got Anthony Davidson and Autosport in today to do a feature on the game too.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Genuinely can't wait for this. Must be nearly a year since I turned on a console to play games on, this will def change that!

Lee

BMW M2C
Genuinely can't wait for this. Must be nearly a year since I turned on a console to play games on, this will def change that!

Which format? If it's 360 you'll want to race me to get the achievement for being one of the dev team.

dk

911 GTS Cab
And then some. For a petrol head and F1 fan like myself it really was the ultimate weekend.

There's a picture of me in the thread I posted in Media of me holding the winners Trophy.

I still haven't calmed down from the experience!

We've got Anthony Davidson and Autosport in today to do a feature on the game too.
i didn't think much could top me spending qualifying in the ferrari garage at silverstone in schumachers last year, but i think you mayjust have done it, i'd love to meet jenson and lewis, i have a signed lewis full size race helmet pride of place on my shelf, very jealous. And to see him playing a game you have helped develop and to hear what he thinks about the handling you put into the the game must be awesome (as long as he liked it ofcourse ;) )

Street Triple R
Absolutely cannot wait for this!

on a side note I used to race with Lewis back in the late 90s, he's always been a great guy, played Gran Turismo with him in his motor home.....should of got his autograph then!

Lee

BMW M2C
Absolutely cannot wait for this!

on a side note I used to race with Lewis back in the late 90s, he's always been a great guy, played Gran Turismo with him in his motor home.....should of got his autograph then!

He's still a big Playstation gamer now. He has a PS3 in his room, and the team are always going out to get games for him. I got a few things signed!

8/10 from Official Xbox.

dk

911 GTS Cab
He's still a big Playstation gamer now. He has a PS3 in his room, and the team are always going out to get games for him. I got a few things signed!

8/10 from Official Xbox.

did you get his gamer tag? ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Can't remember if this video has already been posted or not

Last edited by a moderator:

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Can't wait for this .... Lee, which steering wheel are you using for testing?

It is the official Xbox one?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think I'll buy the PS3 version as I already have a seat, wheel and pedal set for this. Hopefully both versions are equally good.

Lee

BMW M2C
Can't wait for this .... Lee, which steering wheel are you using for testing?

It is the official Xbox one?

I've been using a few different wheels but mainly the offical 360 wheel. The Fanatec wheels are lovely, and the pedals are amazing, but the large wheel doesn't feel very F1 like. I've been using an old Logitech Momo wheel and a G27 on PC.

You won't see much difference between versions. I can't think of anything obvious which sets them apart.