ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Citroen DS3 DSport
Good reviews and so far the only weak point that they have all mentioned is the live the life aspect of the game.

Love this, particularly how he struggles with traction with all the assistance switched off in the dry, then the wet stuff at the end which looks utterly brutal ;)...

[youtube]IFGibGlUPD4[/youtube]

He's pretty darn good, cool setup as well. Game appears to suffer slightly from the 'queue at the hairpin' problem that every racing game ever made suffers from, but not as badly as most.

Lee

BMW M2C
I spent ages with that guy at our media launch. He's a really nice guy and couldn't wait to play F1. He's pretty good too and makes it look a lot easier than it is.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
if you start on say a medium setting can you then switch off all the assists like forza? on does it have to be on expert for that?

RS Clio 182
Looks great,typical Codemasters quality and attention to detail for a racing game - Dirt2 still looks amazing a year on! Havnt looked forward to a F1 game like this since the Psygnosis games on PS1 hehe - looking forward to witnessing the weather system in particular..

TV ad confirms that the PC version is only available retail boxed as a pre-order, after launch it's download only. Interesting move, will no doubt be a fairly common thing in the not to distant future.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
360 Mike, is the official xbox one good, as there are loads going cheapish on eBay?

I got one back when they first came out and only games that supported it were PGR3 and then forza 2, didn't like it so sold it. Then decided to give it another try and it seems a lot better on the newer games, PGR4/forza 3/race pro.

I paid £40 for it at gamestation pre-owned and think its worth that. Would like a porsche wheel but not at £400 with pedals :(

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
showed my dad this before n he's after it now lol might let him buy it ha ha ha just need a steering wheel now hmmm

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
lee is the Logitech (GT5) Driving Force Wheel gonna work with this? as im thinking about buying it for my ps3 for GT5 n what ever else driving related comes out

Citroen DS3 DSport
Will we see 2010 patched to allow the mirrors to be visible on all cars when using the cockpit view?

Citroen DS3 DSport
lee is the Logitech (GT5) Driving Force Wheel gonna work with this? as im thinking about buying it for my ps3 for GT5 n what ever else driving related comes out

From CM forums:

Below are the racing wheels and controllers that F1 2010 OFFICIALLY supports:

Please note that we'll hopefully be looking at increasing support for additional wheels/controllers in the future, so please let us know if you think there are any glaring omissions.

PS3:

• DUAL SHOCK 3
• Logitech Driving Force EX/RX
• Logitech Driving Force Pro
• Logitech Driving Force GT
• Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
• Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
• Thrustmaster Run’N’Drive Wireless Rumble Force
• Thrustmaster Dual Trigger Rumble Force

Xbox 360:

• Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
• Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
• Logitech Drive FX Wheel
• Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S

PC:

• Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller
• Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
• Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel with Force Feedback
• Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo / Turbo S / GT3 RS Wheel
• Logitech Dual Action
• Logitech MOMO Racing
• Logitech MOMO Force
• Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
• Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
• Logitech Rumble Pad 2
• Logitech Cordless Rumble Pad 2
• Logitech Driving Force GT
• Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
• Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
whats it like playing with the pad lee is it as jerky as people have said i saw a vid on codies forum and the bloke was well jerky but you dont know if its just the way he drives lol

Lee

BMW M2C
Will we see 2010 patched to allow the mirrors to be visible on all cars when using the cockpit view?

Unfortunately not. There's a few reasons why. The first one is that the teams have signed off all the cars, and we would have to go through a long winded submission processes with them. Secondly, we don't have the capacity to do it now the car team are in full flow on DiRT 3, and finally it would most likely exceed the patch size limit.

Anyone used the logitech GT wheel?

I've tried one on PS3 and it's fine.

whats it like playing with the pad lee is it as jerky as people have said i saw a vid on codies forum and the bloke was well jerky but you dont know if its just the way he drives lol

It's actually pretty easy on the pad. It looks jerky because you can see the steering wheel moving in the cockpit, so that moves pretty quickly with the players inputs. The actual movement from the steering is much slower. You'll see what I mean when you try it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to ask about dirt 3 :D When is it released?

Also, I know its a different company, but you dont happen to have some inside info on if PGR5 will ever emerge?

Lee

BMW M2C
No release date has been announced for DiRT 3 officially as far as I know.

Err, I have some idea of who might be doing it, but that's only gossip and best I don't so any more. So realistically, I have no idea. LOL

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No release date has been announced for DiRT 3 officially as far as I know.

Err, I have some idea of who might be doing it, but that's only gossip and best I don't so any more. So realistically, I have no idea. LOL

So PGR5 could/probably will come out then :D

Loved PGR4, could of been so much more successful if it hadn't come out at the same time as COD4 :(

Lee

BMW M2C
It's certainly been talked about, and some of the team who might be involved have a strong track record in racing games.

house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

If it had Martin Brundle commentating, it would probably be the perfect F1 game! (as long as it didnt have that other knob commentating though!)

Lee

BMW M2C
How good is it compared to the G25? I used to have one but sold it, because I had no use for it.

G25 is a lot better, but at a price. I use an old GT 4 model of the Force GT at home, and I'm happy with it.

To be honest, my fave wheel for playing F1 games is a really old one from Logitech. It's clunky and not very smooth, but it's got just the right sized wheel and lock to feel right. http://reviews.logitech.com/7061/320/reviews.htm

I do know there is a company currently developing a Formula 1 wheel, and it shouldn't be too far away. It won't be cheap though.

Lee

BMW M2C
have you seen the thread on codies about the ai's being so easy the guys sounds like a right c**k

I love the way they're all experts and yet they've never even played the game. You can't tell sh*t from a video. There are lots of things which change how the AI behave. Their pace changes over the course of a race, especially a longer distance race. They also have certain tracks where they are better, due to it being a home GP, teams home GP, engine supplier, principle sponsor etc. Plus on top of that the drivers can have good or bad days, they're restricted to how by how much, so you'll never get Senna being as good as Hamilton, not that it would matter, as his car wouldn't be capable of beating a McLaren as it is.

I've had races where I've won by a mile, and others where I've spent the whole race amongst the pack. It's like F1, it's mixed up, but more often than not it's the obviously better drivers and teams who are taking most the wins.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
But presume if I put it on easy, then I could still win a GP in a virgin car couldn't i? Or is the AI that good?

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i see where your coming from lee i think simracing started it then some other knob had ago aswell in a lotus over taking every one even though he had full assists and denys he did.this is the same bloke who had the shakey steering lol my self i cant wait for it. but theres another guy vvw or some one hes done loads of vids and the game looks s**t hot