ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Lee

BMW M2C
Woe is you!

It gets worse, I may have to go to the launch events in Spain and Italy too.

Hopefully I've recovered from not getting any sleep by then.

Off down to the BBC tomorrow.

Video of my boss playing it at Gamescom:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

BMW M2C
I'd imagine he had the lot turned off. He's been playing it for months and we're both pretty handy round Montreal.

Lee

BMW M2C
Will American Big Tits be there Lee?

Good question. I hope so.

It's between me and one of the other lads as to who goes to Italy and Spain. As we can't decide, we've left it to our boss to decide which one of us should go.

Oil Burner
Do the damage physics/graphics live up to the rest of the game? I'm not sure i've seen a single piece of video where a car has been damaged - Clearly your all too good at driving.

FN2 Type R GT
Literally cannot wait for this, will be epic!

would also like to see some damage shots...any coming through at some point lee?

Shumacher in 3rd place :rofl:...more like 13th

Lee

BMW M2C
The car damage goes as far as we were allowed to do so. Wings and wheels come off, areas get scatched.

Xbox and PS3 are pretty much identical, but the PC one will obviously be more impressive if you've got the spec to cope.

I've just seen our first review, in the Sun!! 4/5. I heard yesterday what sort of scores it's got coming from a few of the mags. Things are looking very, very good.

A few of the guys have just collected an award over at Gamescom for it already.

A video of my boss, Paul the Senior Producer and Andy Gray from marketing all racing against Adrian Suti.

And an interview with Adrian Sutil.

Last edited by a moderator:
  330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Monaco looks impressive. A steering looks a mist for this game so think I'll be ordering one of those too

Lee

BMW M2C
The cinema advert starts this weekend. It's going to be shown before Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, Salt and The Expendables.

Just had it confirmed. I've got to go to Spa. I wish I could tell you why, but it will all become clear in time.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The cinema advert starts this weekend. It's going to be shown before Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, Salt and The Expendables.

Just had it confirmed. I've got to go to Spa. I wish I could tell you why, but it will all become clear in time.

b*****d

Give big tits a quick rub if she's there!

Just caught up with the latest videos, looks incredible.

The game vs real life vid highlighted a massive difference though...why aren't the FOM graphics being used? Seems odd considering they are easy to read and instantly recognisable as F1.

Lee

BMW M2C
Just caught up with the latest videos, looks incredible.

The game vs real life vid highlighted a massive difference though...why aren't the FOM graphics being used? Seems odd considering they are easy to read and instantly recognisable as F1.

The graphics you're used to seeing are owned by the BBC, not FOM. If we used the same as the BBC it wouldn't count for anything outside of the UK. Plus they're not as suitable as you might think.

Better than that DK, but I'm not going to be on TV, well not unless I stand behind Jake again. My trip has been confirmed, sent the paperwork off to FOM today to get my 3 day paddock pass. It should be better than Silverstone as the paddock won't be anywhere near as busy.

The graphics you're used to seeing are owned by the BBC, not FOM. If we used the same as the BBC it wouldn't count for anything outside of the UK. Plus they're not as suitable as you might think.

Definitely FOM graphics, they appear on the raw world feed that they used to show in cinemas etc. F1 is pretty much the only thing I've ever seen that looks pretty much the same no matter what country you watch it in...that's why it looks slightly odd in the game. You can always save that for F1 2011 anyhow :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Definitely FOM graphics, they appear on the raw world feed that they used to show in cinemas etc. F1 is pretty much the only thing I've ever seen that looks pretty much the same no matter what country you watch it in...that's why it looks slightly odd in the game. You can always save that for F1 2011 anyhow :)

That sounds right to me, they have at times apologised on the BBC for loss of graphics but stated that they are provided by FOM so outwith the BBC's control.

Lee

BMW M2C

We would have to pay more to use them, as FOM charge for everything, and making money off this title is hard as it is due to the cost of the license. This license doesn't actually come with anything. Which ones are you refering to Chris?

We did approach Geoff, seeing as he's a legend, Paul our Senior Producer used to work with him, and any connection would be good, but he's taking it easy at the moment.

fom-pitstop-gfx.jpg

I presume its the above style graphics. They are owned by FOM

Lee

BMW M2C
fom-pitstop-gfx.jpg

I presume its the above style graphics. They are owned by FOM

Imagine trying to race with those popping up on the screen! Because all Codies games still support SD TVs they would eat in to way too much of the screen.

If we were to pay to use those graphics we would have to change them to fit a game. Our best option is to use some which are similar, but altered to make them suitable for a game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We would have to pay more to use them, as FOM charge for everything, and making money off this title is hard as it is due to the cost of the license. This license doesn't actually come with anything. Which ones are you refering to Chris?

We did approach Geoff, seeing as he's a legend, Paul our Senior Producer used to work with him, and any connection would be good, but he's taking it easy at the moment.

Bummer. Would have been good to have a BBC Micro in the background running Revs or an Amiga playing Stunt Car Racer. ;)

D.

Looking good slaphead, looking like a purchase for sure. I expect my brother will pick up a copy too the small F1 geek that he is!

FN2 Type R GT
So at what point of tomorrow should I make sure I don't miss? I've got work during the day so I'll have to record!

Golf R/Leon FR
So what did you get to do at Spa then Lee, there was no mention of anything on BBC or wasn't there supposed to be?

Lee

BMW M2C
So what did you get to do at Spa then Lee, there was no mention of anything on BBC or wasn't there supposed to be?

It wasn't for this weekend, you'll see it in a couple of weeks.

I still can't believe I got to spend 2 hours with Lewis Hamilton! I've got loads of pics and vids, which I'll never be able to put up. lol

FN2 Type R GT
It wasn't for this weekend, you'll see it in a couple of weeks.

I still can't believe I got to spend 2 hours with Lewis Hamilton! I've got loads of pics and vids, which I'll never be able to put up. lol

Is he as quick on the game as in real life?