ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Lee

BMW M2C
Nooooooo!

I know. Even though I paid a premium for it I've certainly got more than my monies worth out of it. My new one has arrived. I'm just transfering all my data over. :approve:

I tend to use shop.to jimbo. I ordered my Xbox at 4 yesterday, and it was here at 8am this morning.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Shopto are great, I recommend them too. I'm off work for 2 weeks as of Friday, hopefully F1 2010 will arrive next Thursday.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lee's not that quick... ;)

Now you've got a bit more spare time, we'll have to sort some large scale Forza battles like last year. Si, you, me, Alex, Hendo, Chris etc

Lee

BMW M2C
Lee's not that quick... ;)

Now you've got a bit more spare time, we'll have to sort some large scale Forza battles like last year. Si, you, me, Alex, Hendo, Chris etc

I wish. I'm already working on the patch for 2010 and the design for 2011. We're at Alpha in 6 months.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm fearing the PS3 version is going to be crap, every time I see photos/videos of anyone playing this recently it's the 360 version.

Already owning a G25 means it would make no sense for me to buy the 360 version.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm fearing the PS3 version is going to be crap, every time I see photos/videos of anyone playing this recently it's the 360 version.

Already owning a G25 means it would make no sense for me to buy the 360 version.

It's not, it's the same.

The reason the 360 version is always used is because more people have the hardware here, so it's easier to put builds together on 360. Plus the 360 versions passed first, so we already have some silver discs for that.

Golf R/Leon FR
Safety car feature was something I'd like to see in the game, even if it could be an option to turn off,like driving aids etc.

I is confuzzled, does this mean the patch will have a safety car?

Is the 'beat a developer' achievement like a virus as with most games, ie if somebody beats you can somebody else then beat them to get the achievement (even if they haven't actually raced you)

M135i
Where did you manage to find your cheap wheel? I'm after one and a stand. How cheap was cheap if you don't mind me asking?

Lee

BMW M2C
I is confuzzled, does this mean the patch will have a safety car?

Is the 'beat a developer' achievement like a virus as with most games, ie if somebody beats you can somebody else then beat them to get the achievement (even if they haven't actually raced you)

LOL, no safety car in 2010 at all. Believe me, it's not an easy thing to get in, plus there's a cost attached to it. At the end of the day, where's the fun in sitting behind a slow car for a few laps?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
LOL, no safety car in 2010 at all. Believe me, it's not an easy thing to get in, plus there's a cost attached to it. At the end of the day, where's the fun in sitting behind a slow car for a few laps?

Realism :p

Is it on the cards for 11?

How does the game cope with incidents that would bring out the SC in a real race?

Nothing at the mo :(
awww no safety car? Maybe you should of just put the safety car into the races where people are willing to do the full 50+ laps like i do..

cant wait to do a full season taking like under 2hours to do the main race :p a safety car in that mix would of been awesome

Lee

BMW M2C
Realism :p

Is it on the cards for 11?

How does the game cope with incidents that would bring out the SC in a real race?

You would rather have realism and a feature which pisses you off when the people you are racing keep crashing? People want things because they're in the sport, they don't stop to consider the effect it has on gameplay. Plus it would be a massive amount of work to get it in and make it work, for a very small number of people who would actually want it.

Stop and think about it for a bit. Do you want it because it's in F1, or do you want it because you think it will be fun driving around slowly for 3-4 laps?

It's on the list.

We have a very strict rules and flags system. The only thing you really lose is the bunching up of the field.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You would rather have realism and a feature which pisses you off when the people you are racing keep crashing? People want things because they're in the sport, they don't stop to consider the effect it has on gameplay. Plus it would be a massive amount of work to get it in and make it work, for a very small number of people who would actually want it.

Stop and think about it for a bit. Do you want it because it's in F1, or do you want it because you think it will be fun driving around slowly for 3-4 laps?

It's on the list.

We have a very strict rules and flags system. The only thing you really lose is the bunching up of the field.

It'd be turned off racing against real people, if it were in the game. Against the AI it might be cool though, on a full length race

MY10 R35 GTR
Nascar 2003 has a pacecar facility. Which for the warm up laps and on the odd occasion during a race can be good to get a breather. But if its a big wreck adn you end up doing 10+ laps on somewhere like daytona my god its boring

Oil Burner
Good feedback from the Lotus guys, altho the comment made me laugh.

1008769681_byYk4-XL.png

FN2 Type R GT
Is there anywhere around doing the 360 official wheels cheaply? Or websites that offer discounted first purchases etc?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you manage to find your cheap wheel? I'm after one and a stand. How cheap was cheap if you don't mind me asking?

Is there anywhere around doing the 360 official wheels cheaply? Or websites that offer discounted first purchases etc?

Got mine from gamestation pre-owned for £39.99. But I checked it over first and its completely mint. Infact I'm pretty sure the table mount and cables are brand new since they were perfectly packaged. And the wheel and pedals dont have a mark on them. Definitely check the condition first though since I know this isn't always the case.

Cheapest I could find was Game but I was ringing around and thought i'd give this a chance

Excellent stuff, all the crucial bits (ie the handling/driving experience) sound spot on, which probably means a few hundred hours will be put into this. I'm going to be like a little kid waiting for Christmas next Friday at work waiting to go home!

None of the flaws sound remotely deal-breaking, although the lack of a standard season with a chosen driver serms really odd.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent stuff, all the crucial bits (ie the handling/driving experience) sound spot on, which probably means a few hundred hours will be put into this. I'm going to be like a little kid waiting for Christmas next Friday at work waiting to go home!

None of the flaws sound remotely deal-breaking, although the lack of a standard season with a chosen driver serms really odd.

Maybe Thursday? I remember when the pre-orders always used to get delivered a day early. GTA4 seemed to put a stop to that :(

Lee

BMW M2C

The standard season is GP mode. You pick your driver add all tracks and there it is. Totally separate from Career mode. I'm so pleased they like the feel.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
so in career mode do you create a driver and then you have an option of a few teams and do a complete race calender? and the standard gp seaon mode you chose drives like lewis hamilton and go through a season that way ?