ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Got home and there it was waiting for me (wasn't expecting it till tomorrow) - i'm hooked already, love it. As for using my PS3 controller I changed the acceleration and brake buttons from the L2 & R2 (or whatever it is) to X & O like in the old F1 CE and found I had better control instead of just bashing the R2 button and spinning the wheels up sending the car into a 360!! Set it to medium difficulty but its way too easy so will give hard a go next time round. Love everything about the game, bye bye social life!!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
I've been playing for the last 3 hours, 20 mins in and my power supply for my wheel went pop. So I've been playing without FF, not great.. Anyway, I've started with all aids off, AI on legendry and it's far from easy. I was just hanging on to my team mate on lap times, Bahrain is a nightmare of a track, just no flow to it at all, hate it. Graphics haven't blown me away tbh. All in, I'm impressed so far.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm enjoying Bahrain, I've found a good flow around that circuit now.
me too, at first i hadn't got a clue where to go unlike most tracks but after some practice, qualifying etc i got a really good flow.

Race was cool, AI is brilliant, you really feel like you are racing them, like the graphics too.

Tried a race in the rain around spa and the only niggle i have is that there is too much grip on the kerbs in the rain, going by what we normally see where if you touch the kerbs in the wet you risk spinning but i just seemed to get a decent amount of grip.

I struggle to look around me too to know what up the side of me, the buttons to look left and right are too far away on the G25 being past the gear stick. And i can't move then to the steering wheel as i use those for rear view and pit limiter. need to try different buttons maybe.

So far though I am very impressed, loved tussling with webber in bahrain tying to out break him, although i get him by people at the start of the race and apparently its always my fault, when sometimes it clearly isn't.

I love this game. It's so much fun but at the same time ridiculously difficult. I'm playing with all assistance off and AI on the hardest setting. It's pretty tough to even get within a second of their times, even more so when the clouds open halfway through a qualifying section and I'm still on the option tyres. So glad I got it for PC and not xbox, it'd be horrible with a pad

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
f**k me this is a great game!

I'm rolling with most of the assists on so I can get familiar with the tracks but the game is awesome!

Lee; quick question - does the weather change at tracks every season, is it completely random?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Really enjoying this game but if I had to choose one complaint it would be the graphics which are not crisp and clear like I have come to expect from the current generation of games. The reflections in particular on the car are very lo-res looking. The AI of other cars is excellent and now that I have increased the difficulty level I am running mid-pack during my first season with Lotus.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Really enjoying this game but if I had to choose one complaint it would be the graphics which are not crisp and clear like other games I have played.

Agree, doesn't seem as polished as say forza.

Good game though so far, even if it is ridiculously hard :rasp:

dk

911 GTS Cab
I love this game. It's so much fun but at the same time ridiculously difficult. I'm playing with all assistance off and AI on the hardest setting. It's pretty tough to even get within a second of their times, even more so when the clouds open halfway through a qualifying section and I'm still on the option tyres. So glad I got it for PC and not xbox, it'd be horrible with a pad

surely thats a good thing, do you really want to be good at a game on hard setting on the first day of playing? surely you should earn rankings through experience playing the game like in real life, its good that its hard.

i came second in my first race with lotus, and that was only because i span near the end, so i might increase ai to hard from medium

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Excellent game this is, been on it for around 6 hours tonight and am really enjoying it. started my career but really didn't get on with Bahrain either so gave it a miss after a while. then went on to time trial and tried different tracks, loving spa and Melbourne and a few others i forgot the name off... Online is also very good, was playing with a full room of 12 players and was lag free ( although i was the host ) won quite a few races and ranked up to level 7:D

surely thats a good thing, do you really want to be good at a game on hard setting on the first day of playing? surely you should earn rankings through experience playing the game like in real life, its good that its hard.

i came second in my first race with lotus, and that was only because i span near the end, so i might increase ai to hard from medium

Yeah defo a good thing. I like a challenge.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Seems awesome on first impression, the drive and feel is superb, the AI is really good and makes overtaking feel realistic and challenging. On grumble would be qualifying not mimicking the proper sessions. I made the mistake of assuming I was safe in Q1, when that was it.

Best thing about this game? I finished 18th in my Lotus and it felt like an achievement. In most racing games it's first or nothing, but it feels great in this when you drive your socks off and finish just ahead of your team mate.

Melbourne is awesome, great flow to it.

Ad: you need to do a full race weekend to get Q1 / Q2 / Q3. You also then get the practice with the R and D challenges.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Best thing about this game? I finished 18th in my Lotus and it felt like an achievement. In most racing games it's first or nothing, but it feels great in this when you drive your socks off and finish just ahead of your team mate.

Melbourne is awesome, great flow to it.

Ad: you need to do a full race weekend to get Q1 / Q2 / Q3. You also then get the practice with the R and D challenges.

Makes perfect sense, I was amazed it was like for like. Cheers for that.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Played this for an hour last night, steering wheel+surround sound+widescreen TV = awesome, even in free practice I could hear Bruno Senna all over me and I could feel the pressure, god knows what the race will be like!! I have to say although the graphics may lack in sharpness(not sure why no 1080p) the sounds of the cars are truly amazing.

Spent a full hour in Bahrain free practice with no aids/driving line and managed 18th. Love the way the bumps in the track have such an effect. In Bahrain I kept losing it in turn 5 or 6 due to a bump in the road, soon as I realised i waited to get back on the power till after that.

Very impressed so far!

Spent a full hour in Bahrain free practice with no aids/driving line and managed 18th. Love the way the bumps in the track have such an effect. In Bahrain I kept losing it in turn 5 or 6 due to a bump in the road, soon as I realised i waited to get back on the power till after that.

Very impressed so far!

Aye that bump! (I thought it was turn 4) Bloody had me loosing the car about 5 or 6 times in the race! Cost me my 18th place and I finished last, fvck.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Aye that bump! (I thought it was turn 4) Bloody had me loosing the car about 5 or 6 times in the race! Cost me my 18th place and I finished last, fvck.

lol, it might be turn 4. Either way its little things like that which make it a good game. It forces you to become a better driver and get to know the tracks in greater detail! Can't wait for the race, got qualifying tonight then race tomorrow:evil:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i went and picked up my copy from asda lastnight for £34.47 got home at 1:30 popped it on OMG ITS AMAZING!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Such a great game!

Spa in the dry is epic with all aids off. Makes you feel like a hero when you nail Eau Rouge, flat.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
How do I turn the pit limiter on? I always seem to get a penalty for going throguh the pit lane at stupid speeds!!

FN2 Type R GT
I literally hate bahrain! Man thats a hard track to nail every lap for 50% race distance, one small mistake and and places you made dissapear within seconds!

Australia on the other hand, it made me absolutely love the game, a great feeling when you nail a lap round there, not so many of the unpredictable bumps which made bahrain a nightmare..
Working my way through the career, the AI is so impressive as has been previously stated, you stick it down the inside and they dont give up the position like on most racing games, and they block very well, makes you really have to work for a pass.

The only tiny annoyance is when your being lapped in a race or passed in qualifying the AI hate going off the racing line, got given a 5 place grid penalty for blocking Vettel when he could have got past easily by just going round, i wasnt even really on the racing line!

Now. Lets waste today playing it....

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Picked up my copy this morning, SO excited!! But won't get to play it till tomorrow :( May go find a reasonably cheap but decent wheel before I pick it up!!

Oil Burner
Anyone tried Monaco yet? Its my next race and its impossible, not helped by a load of lag around one of the last chicanes.

Still loving this game though, need to stop running into the back of people though - 20 sec penalty FTL

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
Anyone tried Monaco yet? Its my next race and its impossible, not helped by a load of lag around one of the last chicanes.

Still loving this game though, need to stop running into the back of people though - 20 sec penalty FTL

i have i put in an imense lap and got pole then spun on the 16th lap of the race and ended up with second and thats in a bmw sauber

E46 M3
Are you guys running with the AI on ledgendary? I did Barain on one down from that and it was far to easy, qualified in 2nd in a Lotus!

In the race I got a bloody rear puncture halfway round a long sweeping corner but managed a heroic save to keep it pointing the right way :cool: Still came last though as it was after my first stop :(

Im struggling with low speed traction at the moment, had a few spins coming out of the slower corners.

Oil Burner
i have i put in an imense lap and got pole then spun on the 16th lap of the race and ended up with second and thats in a bmw sauber

I cant even get into Q2 in a Lotus with Ai on Hard, they are about 2 secs faster than me, also managed to wreck all my Options in practice lol.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Im struggling with low speed traction at the moment, had a few spins coming out of the slower corners.

driving with the lead boots on? lol nah im having the same issue round Aderlaide specialy on turns 9 and 15

I love monaco. It's so difficult to get a decent lap but when you do it's amazing. I'm playing with all driver aids off btw

Oil Burner
I love monaco. It's so difficult to get a decent lap but when you do it's amazing. I'm playing with all driver aids off btw

I just keep clipping the barriers on the turn in. Im onto Istanbul now, which is just amazing. All that Grid experience coming into its own lol.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The invalidated next lap message at Melbourne is a pain in the ass, especially when it displays with 4 corners still remaining. How can they class that as gaining a advantage for the next lap?