ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Oil Burner
That's probably what it looks like from an AI car's point of view when you use the 'reset to track' option ;)

I dont think you can watch video from the AI drivers POV. Fairly sure the Williams is the players car, its well out of position for a Williams (to be an AI) and it leaves a wheel spin/skid mark, which i've not noticed an AI do?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Although these videos are quite worrying, the only odd thing i've noticed on it so far is cars "ghosting" through me in the pit lane.

Still enjoying it 2 races into career.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
4 races into the season and I'm going to have to abandon career mode(until the patch comes out), it's so frustrating. The main bug bears I have are, the pit lane bug, the fact that if you do anything other than a 100% race the drivers qualifing in Q1 don't have to stop and seem to get exponentially faster as the race goes on (i.e. I out qualify them by 3 secs but towards the end of the race they're faster by about 2 secs). That and it's not clear at all who's in front and by how much.

Think I'll stick to Time Trialing and Multiplayer just now, S2000Paul if anyone wants to add me.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
In fact, the more I read on the CM forum the more I realise the bugs I've experienced. It really is quite shoddy that it was released like this.:(

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm just amazed that Lee put in all these hours playing the game and either didn't spot them or they knew all about them but as they wanted to cash in on the current season hype decided to release the game anyway hoping it wouldn't be too bad. i think its backfired though, the consumer is no idiot!

Bumder With A Buffer
What was Lee working on, on this game anyway?? From all the demo's I saw it was mainly all the online stuff and not the career etc?? So did they overlook the career mode?

E87 118d M Sport
I had to lol last night. Started a race from Pole. After one lap was about 1.2 seconds clear of 2nd place. Then my race technician said something like "Reuben's is faster than you, we'll have to look at your set up next time you pit" or words to that effect.

Im not doing too bad at all in career mode so will continue with it until it gets unbearable.

Lee, can you comment on when a patch is likely to appear, or are you avoiding the thread (forums) completely from obvious reasons?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
i'm just amazed that Lee put in all these hours playing the game and either didn't spot them or they knew all about them but as they wanted to cash in on the current season hype decided to release the game anyway hoping it wouldn't be too bad. i think its backfired though, the consumer is no idiot!

Lee is handling, I doubt he had much (if anything) to do with the career part tbf

I purposely knocked Hamilton off in a race and his car spun and I then continued to hit it i.e. trying to push him off further and he just dissapeared! FAKE!

BMW F31
Played this for the first time last night.

I dont think i've ever spent so long doing just 2 races in career. constantly trying to get better times etc, the one thing that really pisses me off is the corner cutting and having to redo the lap, so frustrating!

But when you do clear an entire lap hitting every apex on the money, it really is rewarding.

Yes there a few bugs but tbh its still a pretty good game. i now have RSI in my wrist from constantly turning through the corners etc lol. Bahrain really is an annoying track, melbourne is awesome.

with a patch to hopefully sort some, if not all of the bugs it will make it excellent.

At the end of the day, the bugs do my tlts in, but I'm still going to play it.

Add LF21 on XBL if any of you fancy some online racing. :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Its the first proper F1 game available since what 1998? for F1 fans it's a given purchase, just like all the fan boys who but every star wars game, pes game regardless of how toss they are - still gonna make lots of money.

Nearly finished career year 1, apart from some nasty slow down in the rain in qualifying for monaco I'm more than happy with it!

BMW F31
Oh meant to ask, have any of you had the game freeze for a split second or two before carrying on? happened a few times last night.

E87 118d M Sport
What % is everyone doing there career mode in?

For the first season I'm doing 20% on a short race weekend. Playing on medium but without using any flashbacks.
Its a tad easy, but I'd rather 1 season learning the tracks etc before I go full on with it. (and hopefully by then a fix will be out)

Nothing at the mo :(
also here is my 2c too from playing it just last night

I was doing 50% season and was in 17/16 cant remember and Barrichello was infront of me.. He was in the distance but didnt know how far.. im looking at the the timing board looking for the split difference on each section but nothing :S I didnt know if my current speed was catching him up or he was getting away.. Cause i didnt know i had to push a bit harder then normal which in the end spun me of.. If i knew my current speed was catching him up i dont think i would of tried to push THAT hard and might not of spun of

Also same race i was behind someone.. I get told there coming in the pits in the next 4 laps.. So i hold back not taking any chances so i get no penalty.. HE DONT PIT!!! In the end i finish 20th Cause 2 people in front didnt pit but i had to :S

Also on the straights its weird :S Im in the virgin cossie and everycar even my team mates are alot faster then me on the straights... I know i have fuel sim on but shouldnt they too? I even tweaked car setup so i had best straightline speed and they was still easily catching me up on the straights :S

also here is my 2c too from playing it just last night

I was doing 50% season and was in 17/16 cant remember and Barrichello was infront of me.. He was in the distance but didnt know how far.. im looking at the the timing board looking for the split difference on each section but nothing :S I didnt know if my current speed was catching him up or he was getting away.. Cause i didnt know i had to push a bit harder then normal which in the end spun me of.. If i knew my current speed was catching him up i dont think i would of tried to push THAT hard and might not of spun of

Also same race i was behind someone.. I get told there coming in the pits in the next 4 laps.. So i hold back not taking any chances so i get no penalty.. HE DONT PIT!!! In the end i finish 20th Cause 2 people in front didnt pit but i had to :S

Also on the straights its weird :S Im in the virgin cossie and everycar even my team mates are alot faster then me on the straights... I know i have fuel sim on but shouldnt they too? I even tweaked car setup so i had best straightline speed and they was still easily catching me up on the straights :S

The AI aren't affected by tyres or fuel, apparently.

I've had a few dodgy messages from my engineer, saying people are faster then you, even though I set the fastest lap. I get quite often him saying im slow in a certain sector, even though I'm purple!

The AI aren't affected by tyres or fuel, apparently.

Wha! So i might aswell turn of real time simulation then if i get a disadvantage? thats crazy

I've had a few dodgy messages from my engineer, saying people are faster then you, even though I set the fastest lap. I get quite often him saying im slow in a certain sector, even though I'm purple!

Yep im the same... Just seem's a bit to unreal

On another note

F1 when i was like 15 on the Ps1/2 even had split times ffs lol

oh no dont get the wrong the game is awesome.. Not played it online yet which i will tonight.. If the online is like GRID i will love it. as i used to sit there for hours playing grid online.

None of the bugs annoy me as such, Just things that SHOULD be there isnt.. like timings for sectors time difference and the simulation for fuel/tyre for the AI and not just me

172//Crap Micra//Bus
First proper game last night. Bloody love it, and proper addictive. Few annoying bits, but I'd rather have the game, than have nothing. Sure they'll get most the issues sorted soon enough.

Yeh im still loving the game. It feels great when you have some good scraps with the faster cars. Its just annoying when you encounter the problems described in this thread.

The fact that the AI sometimes forgets to pit really annoyed me the other day. I went from 1st to 12th because some cars didnt pit. And I know for a fact some of them didnt, like my team mate.

Clio 182
What is more dissapointing than the mounting number of bugs, is the fact that Codemasters have not released any formal comment either via the Forum or the website from what i can see... Even if they posted to explain that they were looking into the issues.

Surely they havent turned into EA and once they have your money they dont want to know anymore.

Still at least the multiplayer aspect of the game is still fun.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Its the first proper F1 game available since what 1998? for F1 fans it's a given purchase, just like all the fan boys who but every star wars game, pes game regardless of how toss they are - still gonna make lots of money.

Nearly finished career year 1, apart from some nasty slow down in the rain in qualifying for monaco I'm more than happy with it!

That seems a really common issue, Daz. I haven't tried Monaco in the dry yet, so maybe it's just the rain part of the game that causes that issue?

D.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Playing it all morning, such a shame about the issues because it's brilliant! Only issue I'm experiencing is the pit problem, but I've worked around it by altering the strategy. Not had any lost places at the end of the race, I do wonder if people are racking up penalties without realising?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've only dropped a few places once at the end, and I never remember having any penalties during the race

What I have noticed is that when you use a flashback, it adds like 9 seconds on to your laptime

SLK 350
I even tweaked car setup so i had best straightline speed and they was still easily catching me up on the straights :S

Mario Kart 64 used to have me bouncing the controller off of the screen. There's no way I'm purchasing this in it's current trim, funny that Lee is hiding...

HI LEE!

Clio 182 cup'd
Mario Kart 64 used to have me bouncing the controller off of the screen. There's no way I'm purchasing this in it's current trim, funny that Lee is hiding...

HI LEE!

Yeah lets all blame Lee, its all his fault...

I bought this yesterday and haven't encountered half the problems people have been going on about. I'm yet to see the pit stop issue and I'm yet to have my finishing position altered at the end. Only annoying thing I have found is that collisions are always the players fault. Really enjoying the driving experience, the handling seems to be really good, its going to be a bummer when FIFA comes out, I wont know what to play!

SLK 350
Nobody is blaming Lee you tart, we all know he only makes Coffee. But it would be nice to read some inside information on what action CM are taking, and how quickly.

No?