ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Had my first go on this last night...

Bahrain was PISS easy even on hard difficulty (but with Traction control on full and manual Gears).

Went to Melbourne and qualified on pole..from there it was just a complete failure..Shunted up the arse by Webber which put me into last on the first corner, No-one pitted :( Restarted that F'ing race 4 times and the speed they were flying around was mental..Even sticking their difficulty down to easy they were still silly quick! Then on the last lap of the race (30% distance) I took my eye off the TV for a split second and managed to spin on the last left hander..which put me into about 7th by the time I got back on! Fuuuuuuuuu

Think I need to chaneg my driving style though...seems like im hooning it into corners, hard on the brakes then not having the speed through the croners. Thing is if I brake earlier they overtake on the approach to any corners.

Is Bahrain really easy for anyone else??

Any circuit is really easy with full traction control!

Bumder With A Buffer
Il change it..only had 2 goes so far. My point was Bahrain seemed like it was set on r****d ability for the AI, whereas Melbourne even setting it to easy doesnt seem to effect how the AI works.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Melbourne is really easy to be stupidly quick, IMO.

Even on hard AI, I was taking certain corners flat, where to AI cars were lifting.

Same with Spa and Canada.

1.8 Civic EX
Melbourne is really easy to be stupidly quick, IMO.

Even on hard AI, I was taking certain corners flat, where to AI cars were lifting.

Same with Spa and Canada.

+1 Even in the HRT Cosworth with all aids off, tyre and fuel sim on, and intermediate difficulty I managed 8th at Melbourne and I'm s**t lol

1.8 Civic EX
even in the rain?

in the rain I managed 12th on melbourne (that was my first attempt at a season using the Lotus, I've since restarted using the HRT and it wasn't raining when I managed 8th)

Malaysia was an interesting one though, just started to rain when I came out the pits from having the option tyres put on. Luckily the racing line stayed rather dry untill the last lap when it became more like racing on ice as I didn't bother pitting again for the intermidiates...think I finished 15th on that one.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I got 7th in the rain in Melborne. Malaysia was hard work, although properly nailing the monster turn 8 feels immense. Barely started Shanghai yet... looks a frekkin NIGHTMARE!!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I think some people need to put the difficulty up lol. With the Torro Rosso on Melbourne I couldn't crack 1.31, no aids at all, no racing line, expert level, tyre fuel sim etc. Managed to get upto 14th then my tyres gave way with 1 lap to go and I spun about three times:mad: ended up last on 50% race distance.

What sort of times are people getting at melbourne on expert with no aids and all simulation on??? I'm using wheel aswell like

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think some people need to put the difficulty up lol. With the Torro Rosso on Melbourne I couldn't crack 1.31, no aids at all, no racing line, expert level, tyre fuel sim etc. Managed to get upto 14th then my tyres gave way with 1 lap to go and I spun about three times:mad: ended up last on 50% race distance.

What sort of times are people getting at melbourne on expert with no aids and all simulation on??? I'm using wheel aswell like

I'm running with everything except brake assist, using the 1st season to learn the lines, reference points etc. and it's far easier to do that without having to keep the equivalent of a bucking bronco pointing the right way.

There's plenty of time through seasons 2-7 to start reducing the aids.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
No aids ftw!

Rock hard, but that's the way it's meant to be.

agreed, I honestly felt really gutted when I ended up last in Melbourne after doing so well to get up to 14th at one point. 40minutes of racing and I was sweating my tits off and for nothing really! I took it as a learning curve as I think I pitted too early thats why my tires gave up towards the end!

I think having it on a harder level gives so much more reward as you know one mistake and its all over so sometimes you can't just go hell for leather into the corners...bit more like real life i think.

Has anyone done a flying lap from the garage during either practice or quali and had the car smash into a barrier before the computer gives you back control? Really annoying!

The front man in the garage crew with the jack stand really is the spit of Lee, did codies model this on Lee or just coincidence?

PH1 iceburg
Loving Monza, currently sat 8th in drivers championship with force india. Only aids on are racing line and pit box. fuel and tyre sim on and AI on legendary. Getting really addicted, wife keeps complaining "you on that fcuking game again" hehe

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Loving Monza, currently sat 8th in drivers championship with force india. Only aids on are racing line and pit box. fuel and tyre sim on and AI on legendary. Getting really addicted, wife keeps complaining "you on that fcuking game again" hehe

Lol! Women understanding the appeal - FTW! :)

D.

PH1 iceburg
So how will the patch work on the PS3? Is it a case of connecting online and it will fix the game that way. If you dont play online will it still have the bugs?

Clio 182 cup'd
So how will the patch work on the PS3? Is it a case of connecting online and it will fix the game that way. If you dont play online will it still have the bugs?

Of course you'll have to go online to download it. Its not going to magically appear on your ps3.

Lee

BMW M2C
Has anyone done a flying lap from the garage during either practice or quali and had the car smash into a barrier before the computer gives you back control? Really annoying!

The front man in the garage crew with the jack stand really is the spit of Lee, did codies model this on Lee or just coincidence?

The problem with that comes from the fact that we have to give the player control of the car before they hit the timing line. Timing lines are placed in the correct location, so sometimes the AI hasn't straightened the car up fully when the player gets control. We did all we could to cut down on that happening, but it still does on the odd circuit.

It is me. I'm also holding a camera in the paddock and in the drivers press conference!

You'll all be pleased to know the patch is coming along nicely.

Is there a way to turn off the invalid lap thing in time trial? It's supremely annoying when you're time trialling with friends, pissed up, and it's impossible to even set a time. Especially since it often seems unnecessarily harsh. Cutting corners yes, but clipping a blade of grass on the exit of the last corner of a hot lap? It's all the more annoying when it invalidates the next lap too. WTF is that all about? Maybe I'm just s**t lol.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
'Reduced Penalties' is an option under difficulty settings is it not?

Don't know if 'No Penalties' is though.

Edit: just realised you're talking Time Trials, so that rules out the above I'd have thought.

Lee

BMW M2C
No ETA yet Dan, but the changes are being locked out at the end of today, then it's off to test.

The rules in TT are very strict because people take TT seriously, and hate people exploiting. The last sector penalty system is overly harsh, but will be addressed in the next game. It was a last minute addition when someone found some serious exploits on a couple of tracks.

The patch will fix lots of things, offline and online.

Yeah that's understandable, but it would be nice to have the option to tame it down. It would still be fair so long as all players agree on the 'settings'. It is annoying not being able to have a semi-light hearted beered up time trial with friends. TBH we were all pretty much just like "well this is awesome but no one has set a f**king time yet!". Just an observation rather than a moan. Otherwise the game's very good.

Clio 182 cup'd
Yeah that's understandable, but it would be nice to have the option to tame it down. It would still be fair so long as all players agree on the 'settings'. It is annoying not being able to have a semi-light hearted beered up time trial with friends. TBH we were all pretty much just like "well this is awesome but no one has set a f**king time yet!". Just an observation rather than a moan. Otherwise the game's very good.

That would be fine, but people would cheat for the online timing as well

MY10 R35 GTR
oooooooooooooooooooooo not happy.

went to play and it turned around and said data corrupted!!!!!!!!!!! WTF.

Thats me and 2 other I know had this problem

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
I was in my pit garage, changed from wets to slick and the tyre exploded while sitting in the garage. I then went out to the track and got called in immediately for a puncture. Lol. Is that on the patch.....

Mk2 1.2 Campus
What is causing the punctures? Just luck or driving style? I Never locked a wheel but still got one.

What's the problems with cars not pitting? Is it on championship? I think this happened to me in the China GP

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
Good to have to back Lee we need to set up some online action so I can whoop your ass and get the achievement lol

That would be fine, but people would cheat for the online timing as well

Well yes but s simple flag in the software could control the online/offline. I could program that!

Anyway yeah, I understand the reasons, but my point stands that it can spoil a style of play that many mates partake in after a few beers. It like to see it switchable in the next game :)