ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Nothing at the mo :(
yeah i just pit one lap later now, seems to work alot better..

Also just got my first podium :D 2nd place at Istanbul in my virgin on HARD AI and all helps of

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The penalties are a f**king joke, there's about 5 people on my facebook ranting about them too! LOL Hopefully the patch sorts them out, they ruin a good game imo.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Spanish GP yesterday. Webber was in 1st all the way through and didn't pit. Even more annoyingly neither did Senna so he got 2nd! Rubbish.

dk

911 GTS Cab
yeah i just pit one lap later now, seems to work alot better..

Also just got my first podium :D 2nd place at Istanbul in my virgin on HARD AI and all helps of

Try it with tyre simulation on, people shouldn't be finishing this high up, don't you feel like you are cheating? When was the last time you saw a virgin finish in the points? ;)

I have spent my first few gps working out the ideal hardness for ne and it seems to be somewhere between medium and hard ai but with tyre sim on, tyre sim makes a massive difference. So I'm using medium, then next season when I know the tracks more I will up it to hard ai and so forth, I'd like to mimmic real life as much as possible.

my settings are

AI on hard
everything is off apart from pit limiter things cause i cba with them lol.. i get bent over backwards on pit's anyway cause of teh bugs lol

but like i said.. its basicly been around 10-24th all the time.. usually around 18th mark... this time was 2nd.. Maybe its cause ive played istanbul alot on grid so it might of helped.

The circuits make a huge difference to where you end up, the AI struggles at some circuits and seems insanely fast at others. Out of interest, when people say 'Hard' AI do they mean Professional or Legendary? With the full sim settings available (including cockpit, no lines, manual gears, Legendary AI etc) I'm amazed people are finding it easy.

I was gutted this evening as I put my Lotus on pole at Montreal (lots of reports of the AI being slow there) despite qualifying 20th or thereabouts at the last few circuits on the same settings. Even with the difficulty cranked right up it seems too easy to finish much higher than most circuits.

Oil Burner
I've noticed the AI isnt consistant. Just finished my first complete season in a Torro Roso and came 2nd (on Hard AI with nothing but medium traction control), and some races i would fiish 30 sec clear then others i would struggle to be sub 20 (usually resulting in getting pissed off and skipping to next race).

Good fun, although game has somewhat lost its appeal now i have got an offer from RedBull.

Try it with tyre simulation on, people shouldn't be finishing this high up, don't you feel like you are cheating? When was the last time you saw a virgin finish in the points? ;)

Part of the reason its so hard with tyre and fuel sim on is that they are broken/buggy! Perhaps if and when the patch lands I'll roll with the 'proper' settings.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Part of the reason its so hard with tyre and fuel sim on is that they are broken/buggy! Perhaps if and when the patch lands I'll roll with the 'proper' settings.
whats buggy with tyre sim?

you put it on, it makes it harder as its more realistic, nothing buggy about that.

you only need to turn fuel on if you are doing 100% races really

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Just qualified on pole @ Oz in my Virgin :rasp: with a lap of 1:05:991 and a first sector time of 5.98 haha, wtf!!

RS Clio 182
Yeah the worst thing about the game is the pit bugs,espeically some AI not going in - although i enjoy the seeing some of the crappy drivers get a top 6 finish - its better then just having Vettel,Webber etc. always up there.

I dont have fuel/tyre simulation on cos it doesnt effect the AI at all,which hardly seems fair - i have enough going against me with the pit stops.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah the worst thing about the game is the pit bugs,espeically some AI not going in - although i enjoy the seeing some of the crappy drivers get a top 6 finish - its better then just having Vettel,Webber etc. always up there.

I dont have fuel/tyre simulation on cos it doesnt effect the AI at all,which hardly seems fair - i have enough going against me with the pit stops.
how do you mean the tyre sim doesn't affect ai?

just because you read it on those forums? as if the ai always have tyre sim on (as these are your settings you are choosing, not theirs) then you aren't going to notice any difference in their times when you turn it on, as its only affecting you by making it the same as them by taking away your advantage. if it makes you place properly then why not turn it on, it works, its harder with it on, you need to warm the tyres up first and you need to watch out when you go off the track and collect debris.

I really am not sure why people keep saying tyre sim is faulty apart from having read it by some yank moaners on the CM forum.

RS Clio 182
how do you mean the tyre sim doesn't affect ai?

just because you read it on those forums? as if the ai always have tyre sim on (as these are your settings you are choosing, not theirs) then you aren't going to notice any difference in their times when you turn it on, as its only affecting you by making it the same as them by taking away your advantage. if it makes you place properly then why not turn it on, it works, its harder with it on, you need to warm the tyres up first and you need to watch out when you go off the track and collect debris.

I really am not sure why people keep saying tyre sim is faulty apart from having read it by some yank moaners on the CM forum.

my mistake,i meant just fuel simulation really,but not sure if thats proved yet that it doesnt effect AI,but someone did a test over on the CM forum for it - i may aswell have tyre simulation on as im getting punctures with it off anyway,and i like the fact that you have to warm up your tyres and avoid debris. Sometimes tho i dont know why we bother with all the full rules and simulations if theres blatant pit bugs going on - i really hope a patch could sort it soon.

dk

911 GTS Cab
agreed, a patch is needed, but i'd practice with tyre sim on anyway, as its a skillful thing

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Also did Spanish GP yesterday, was wet, everyone had inters on.
I'm playing 20%, so after about 6 or 7 laps I get down the radio "The tracks starting to dry, might bring you in for dry tyres soon blah blah blah"

2 laps later, I was told to go in, now i've got them on, can't take a corner, AT ALL.

HOW PISSING ANNOYING. Finished last, lol.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Had an epic race yesterday that made me forget the bugs... almost.

Canadian GP. 50% chance of rain, with all aids off, bar the pit limiter.

9 laps into the 20-odd lap race I was on Options and it started to drizzle... I thought I'd try and stay out for a few more laps before it gets too bad. Try to hammer a few almost dry pace laps in.

The last lap before I pitted was the most I've concentrated in a game, ever. It was lethal, but loads of fun... I saved the replay of me exiting the hairpin on full opposite lock. The handling side of the game is f*cking flawless, at least.

Pitted soon after that, onto Inters and breezed past AI cars struggling for another lap on slicks. Awesome stuff.

Im doing pretty well atm,

Im with virgin, and done 10 races on 20%.. Ive won 2 and came pole on 2 qualifys.. the others ive just been around the 10th - 24th mark >.<

I got all aids of, AI on Professional and pit limiter on

Just got the interest of BMW Sauber but im not gonna agree to anything til the end of the season :p

Well cause my first 7 races or so was pretty poor, coming in at about 16th at best my rep isnt to high atm.. but the last 2 races helped alot!!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Dunno if it changes from season to season or game to game but with no aides on what so ever the BMW sauber is the best by miles and is fast on the straights. Seems to have less torque at the bottom end which actually helps ya exit the corner without even being close to spinning. Still love the Ferrari though it's fast as f**k. Lol

Can't wait to get rid of this Lotus. Practicing at Monaco atm, went through about 6 or 7 front wings in half an hour.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'm with lotus, really slow on the straights compared to every other car. Handling gets worse half way through the season but then gets better when ya get a upgraded wing and side pod. still s**t though.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I like racing for lotus, but the car is s**t for speed and grip. Have everything off apart from lines, and keep rage quitting when I make silly mistakes that cost me big positions. Few to many penatlies in Bahrain, great result on a wet Melbourne circuit (6pts). Come to Malaysia, I am MILES off the pace!! So annoying!! But as Chris says, minus the occasional bug, the games f**king brilliant. I just need more grip and torque, and a little more tolerance lol

I am getting better, I used to brake harsh then wheels would lock up as i try and turn a little.. Now ive sorta sussed it to brake hard then slowly release the brake while still keeping a bit of presser on the button still makes me slowdown and not lock up, meaning i can now take some better turns especially hair pins :D

E.g was Valenica with hairpin :p

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Just finished Monaco, well, when I say finish...

Qualified in 16th, got to lap 6 and boom, out.
FML.

Monaco was horrible in my Virgin Racing Car... No matter what setp i had i just couldnt not take the slow corners as fast as them at all!!1 think i finised about 22th lol