ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Williams & Williams Engined Cars

What mods do you have?

and what power are you getting?

I am looking at some mods but cant decide the best way to go!

Cheers

Carlos,

With ordinary unleaded, a superchip, piper-x filter and decat and a blowing standard exhaust, I got 166.8 on the rollers at BTT. Now I have a full exhaust (quoted by BTT to add 6-15 bhp) and use nothing but Optimax I must be well into the 170s.

Hope this helps mate.

Bill.

i think leigh has the highest bhp for a willy

Stage 2 Hillpower conversion (without de-cat)

not sure what is involved in that, but it is producing 150bhp@wheels

Laguna 2, Westfield

Louises williams got mailto:163bhp@fly">163bhp@fly on the rollers with de-cat pipe, magnex exhaust, and K&N induction kit, 141lb/ft torque.

:D

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Did I hear my name mentioned !!

Mmmmmmmmmm 173.7 at the fly without decat !!

With De-cat ?? just have to wait and see next time at the Rollors !!

clio williams, Ph1 172

I wouldnt take all these RR results as gosbel. What were they producing at John Nobles? just over 150? I reckon a good williams should produce about 160 though.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

They are only 150 at the fly as standard !!

So 160 is way out !! for a standard Willy !!

clio williams, Ph1 172

On the RR day at John nobles his got 156bhp and was totally standard. And John nobles is a low reading rollers.

Hmm - I need to get mine on the Rollers before I mod anything but its good to see what works and what doesnt!

Trophy

My old Red 16v is one of the most well known 2.0ls, it has all the same work as Leighs Willy, albeit on a 16v head, not sure which manifold Leigh used on his, i stuck with the 16v one as this is better for torque.
Car has just run a 14.2s 1/4 mile with its new owner, Adi.

Look at http://www.hillpower.co.ukwww.hillpower.co.uk

Mat.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Adi

I stuck with the Willy head !! Also stuck with the willy manifold !!

I have heard the valver manifold is the better one for tourqe. However i cant quite understand if that is the case, and it proberly is. Why did Renault use the different manifold ?

Just one of lifes mysterys i quess !!

But yes 14.2 is lightening quick !! Looking forward too seeing u repeat it at york when us southeners come up in July !!

clio 20v

repeat it! i be going faster jus to show u shandy drinkin southerners wots wot haha ;)

think a willy manifold on a valver wouldnt be much good as uve not got much low down torque to begin with

on the other hand willy has bags of low down torque so could sacrifice some of this for improvement in top end

would be interestin to see wot diff a willy manifold would make to mine

adi

clio 20v

seen a willy manifold for sale a while back but my de-cat wont fit then

valver vs willy manifold is same scenario as with de-cat u lose a bit of low down grunt but gain at the top, depends on what ud rather have

adi

Clio 172 cup

Best mods for a williams to start with are

S/S exhaust

decat

chip

and a performance panal filter for ya airbox

DONT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTACES USE AN INDUCTION KIT