ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Winston or any other mk1 Clio expert!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My 1992 Clio has a 2.016v Megane bottom end, and a 1.816v head.

I know fek all about engines (i'm learning slowly tho!)

Will a Williams Supersprint tubular manifold fit my car? If the answer is no, what else can i fit?? My mechanic reckons the manifold is strangling the power.....

Cheers x

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The supersprint mani isn't even that good! The Willy mani was proven to be better i fink!. Top end the SS was better tho.

ValverInBits
There is a lot of debate about the MK1 manifolds. Supposedly the williams have their advantages, but I think the valver one is a little better.
Either way, they are interchangable so the supersprint will bolt on to and F7P or an F7R, which is good news for you :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ok then, will a willy mani fit??

*Cheeky edit**

Cheers Mark One. (runs off to ebay.....)

ITB'd MK1
Devil manifold is probably the best, not made anymore though. Valver cast mani is better than the williams effort IMO. Supersprint looks nicely made, not seen one up close though. We considered one for Bex spider engine, but think I'm going to make one for it from a 172 manifold we have spare :)

Ive got a Devil manifold and downpipe for my F7R:approve:... but tbh it is not much different in design than a supersprint

Valver manifold and downpipe is good for low end torque... Williams for top end torque

Money no object... Super sprint / Devil
Budget best.......... Williams manifold and downpipe

IMO;)

ValverInBits
Ive got a Devil manifold and downpipe for my F7R:approve:... but tbh it is not much different in design than a supersprint

Valver manifold and downpipe is good for low end torque... Williams for top end torque

Money no object... Super sprint / Devil
Budget best.......... Williams manifold and downpipe

IMO;)

ah it's all gettin a bit controversial now. :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good man winston. Its top end poke where my car is struggling. Bottom end its perfect but it just dies after 5500rpm.

Willy downpipe and Manifold it is then!!

(Got any going??)

53 Clio's & counting
my hybrid ran a ss mani, i thought it was very good, though it did move more power up the revs, which as prev mentioned isnt a bad thing as the 7r's are good at low revs anyway

and as mentioned yes it will fit your car

ValverInBits
Which one dd you have russ? Did it fit the valver downpipe??

If it was a supersprint manifold, it will be a 4-2-1 manifold that replaces the original manifold and downpipe.
I asked that question above. Keep up daniel ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Which one dd you have russ? Did it fit the valver downpipe??

see below lol ;)

If it was a supersprint manifold, it will be a 4-2-1 manifold that replaces the original manifold and downpipe.
I asked that question above. Keep up daniel ;)

i have to say though it did crack at where the pipes join the manifold plate, so it had to come off to be welded,but this was because i didnt fix it right to the front of the decat pipe :eek: after that it was spot on

ValverInBits
see below lol ;)

i have to say though it did crack at where the pipes join the manifold plate, so it had to come off to be welded,but this was because i didnt fix it right to the front of the decat pipe :eek: after that it was spot on

That's a good point to think about. All exhausts should have flexibility built in. On a valver thats at the manifold>downpipe. Replace that with one pipe and you remove your flex.