ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo ds2500 fitting

Clio 182
Just fitted new pads, brembo discs and braided lines this weekend all from the good folks at yozzasport.

When fitting the pads we had to skim a little (poss 2mm) from the bottom of the steel plate for the pads to sit in the caliper correctly, has anyone else had to do this?

Just asking coz its not been mentioned before tho last time i fitted pads (mintex) i had to do the same but not so severe with the angle grinder!

Also bed in miles- when can i give them some punishment?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Did you remove the shims? I never have but Fred advises it.

In terms of bedding in, follow the instructions in the box in order to activate the compound.

Clio 182
Nah, kept the shims in coz they help to reduce squealing (i think) which has been mentioned as a prob with these pads on alot of threads on here.

Instructions for ds2500 aint that s**t hot coz they mention x number of stops then go to the pitlane and check pad wear i.e not for road use

Ive just took it easy last night and tonight, tho felt improvement earlier but when you stop they are v. hot.

Cant wait till they are good to go tho, certainly something that 1*2's lack, is sufficient brakes!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Go through the number of stops as specified, drive for a couple of miles without using the brakes then repeat is usually the way.

Can you not roughly carry out the number of recommended stops?