ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few new mods done this weekend (Cosmetic & Engine)

PH1_172
Done a few mods this weekend after finally getting my car back from the bodyshop, it has had a full front end re-spray to lose all stone chips and a brand new genuine renault 172 front bumper, and headlights.

The mods are:
  • Carbon Fibre bonnet
  • CDA BMC induction kit
  • Hill Power bend
  • Painted plenuium in gloss black P
  • Polished fuel rail (but pro painting gloss black)
  • Painted Engine cover courtesy of mark (Middo)
261712202.jpg

261712205.jpg

261712209.jpg

261712214.jpg

261712207.jpg

261712216.jpg

261712188.jpg

M

mini-valver

Not a fan of the bonnet TBH but the rest is really nice. If the sidestrips were CC it'd go better with the bonnet but theres too much black on it now for me!

Love the engine bay though!

PH1_172
i got the front bumper from renault france my mum and dad have a place out there, so they sourced it for me,

i'm getting the bump strips gloss black as im going for a black silver theme

and yes cup splitter could be next

but may have to sell to buy another house, but i put high asking price so it prob won't sell, then i will be able to keep it hehehe

Audi TT 225
do you still have your old bumper?
what condition is it in?
And if you do let me know Ive been after one to attack with a saw and some fibreglass :D

LY 200
I like but i think the strips need doing to finish it!!!

Great kit is the BMC too......Enjoy!!! :D

BMW E46 330i Touring
Looks nice, a little too much going on for me, but everything looks well done.

But why is someone called Jamie selling it via Pistonheads!?!

Oh, and it's got Ph2 sidestrips, but just not colourcoded - they need spraying!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not keen for some reason, the blue is to much. like the wheels though.

BMW E46 330i Touring
But it seems odd completing modifications on a car that, only yesterday, was advertised for sale!

If I were you then id go to a bodyshop and ask them to paint the sides of the carbon bonnet. From the bottom corner (where the headlight and bumper meet) to the back corner (near the windscreen) in a straight line. That will help blend the bonnet into the car much nicer, but will still have all the centre in visible carbon fibre.

It will cost about 80 quid and imo will make it look more part of the car. At the mo it just looks a little out of place.

the rest looks top tho!!

PH1_172
thanks for all your comments,
to answer some questions:

It does have ph2 side strips but there not getting colour coded there going gloss black

It is owned by me and i have put it up for sale just mainly for interest as im contemplating getting a bigger house, and its under my boyfriends name for sale as i just used his email address as he has sold via pistonheads before.

The front bumper cost me 300 euro's and the old bumper is being used on my boyfriends mates 172 thats getting a turbo conversion as he wants to get the front cut out and blend in a intercooler

oh and the reason i changed from alloy bonnet to carbon fibre is purely cosmetic im not bothered if it weighs more as i dont race my car ever!