ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Pics of my Renaultsport History...

RS Megane 225F1
Afternoon All,

Thought i'd best post some pics up of my Renaultsport History, started off with my Cup 172, fookin loved this car to bits.... Kept it for 5 years and managed 110,000 miles in with no major issues, at the end I got one of those "electrical" gremlins and sold it on as I did about 300 miles in the last 6 months:

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT00422.jpg

Then I got this too as it only seemed natural to "step up" if you will.... how dissapointed I was !!! didn't like it no where near as much and didn't keep it long, well a year, covered 17k miles in it but still didn't get on with it, handling and brakes fookin hoofin, but wasn't as fast as the cup and didn't excite either....

PICT0404.jpg

PICT0360.jpg

PICT0362.jpg

So got rid of that and still had the 172 but then bought this too ;)

000_0103.jpg

000_0102.jpg

000_0104.jpg

Much Much more impressed with this than the "R27" but must admit, running the 172 Cup and this together I still wasn't convinced !!!

Then I got it remapped from Henk and jesus mary and joseph it fookin flies now !!! :butt:

The Cup 172 swiftly took a back seat and didn't get used at all hence I got rid.

I love the 225, suberb motor and very rare, only 1 in my local area as well as mine so don't see then much...

Anyhoo, enough babble, sorry to go on...

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers
Lee

None
nice history lesson :)
good collection of cars too....not sure i could be swayed by a 197 or a megane though, not keen on the shape of either unfortunately, love the new shape megane though :) that'll be worth the wait for me.

RS Megane 225F1
Blimey, 110,000 miles in a cup ! (does that beat Markcup ?)

Nice selection of cars you've had.

Cheers pal ;)

Not to sure, last I seen I think he was about 105,000 so maybe !!! it went to J-J on here so hopefully it will still be going on for a long while yet !!!

Me mates phase 1 managed 204,000 before the AUX belt snapped and caused lots of damage !!! ouch, really should of kept an eye on that one !!!

Cheers, thanks ;)

Lee

RS Megane 225F1
nice history lesson :)
good collection of cars too....not sure i could be swayed by a 197 or a megane though, not keen on the shape of either unfortunately, love the new shape megane though :) that'll be worth the wait for me.

Thanks mate ;)

I've enjoyed them all in their own little way !!!

I know what you mean, especially with the megane, hence why i kept the Cup too.... the 197 got lots of attention which was odd at first but saying that so does the Megane now... bought the Megane purely on impulse without even seeing it or driving it, just thought, "why not" !!! and as soon it was delivered that was it !!! I fell in love, i still look back at it now when i park up !!! Lol !!! sad....

Cheers
Lee

RS 197 CUP - Racing Blue
Nice car history.. but I can't agree on some of the other statements. I will have to try a 172 and megane before a final opinion though.. :p I do like the new shape Megane and RS Clio, had a look while I was in the showroom. :)

RS Megane 225F1
Nice car history.. but I can't agree on some of the other statements. I will have to try a 172 and megane before a final opinion though.. :p I do like the new shape Megane and RS Clio, had a look while I was in the showroom. :)

Just how I found them to be honest....

Love the rawness of the Cup with no ABS or traction and love the rocketship speed of the Meg once mapped !!!

You should try em !!! ;)

Cheers
Lee

BMW E92/Audi S3
Lovely. I would much rather have a 172 cup other the R27 too. But other than than, the Megane takes my win. I could never go non-turbo again!

RS Megane 225F1
Lovely. I would much rather have a 172 cup other the R27 too. But other than than, the Megane takes my win. I could never go non-turbo again!

Cheers, me too mate, even now i'd still have the Cup over the R27... would like to try the 200 must admit.

For me too, it would not of done before but like you say once you get the Turbo bug, your hooked !!!

Cheers
Lee

RS Megane 225F1
What do you do as a job?!?;) im coming round to the megs aswell more and more:)

I transport small brown packages between colombians !!! :rasp:

Nothing to glamarous, just an IT Consultant....

Personally I think they are superb, once remapped its a different beast !!!

Cheers
Lee