ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FF? whats all the excitement?

clio 182 (05)
Well, i am just curious on why the FF clios are so popular?
what differance is there, i know you get better spoiler and darker wheels, but is that all?
if i am right they are lighter too, but are they light enough to make any differance? are they any faster for it?
any comments peeps,
O yea and is there na price differance
cheers;)

Black-Gold 182
Well, i am just curious on why the FF clios are so popular?
what differance is there, i know you get better spoiler and darker wheels, but is that all?
if i am right they are lighter too, but are they light enough to make any differance? are they any faster for it?
any comments peeps,
O yea and is there na price differance
cheers;)

Look at the 'just sold my car' thread - that will explain it

VRS
full fat has zenon lights, half leather/alcantara seats and rear bench, air con etc

basically the luxeries

the cup is lighter as its more stripped and has less treats as its aim is to be more track orientated

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i done get people who think that a ff cupped 182 is the same as having a 172 cup.

do ff182's weigh more than ff 172's?

VRS
i done get people who think that a ff cupped 182 is the same as having a 172 cup.

from letstorquebhp.com:

phquick 1059
172 cup 1011
172 ff 1110
182 cup 1060
182 ff 1080
trophy 1070

197 1240

i know they differ between sources but heyhoe

the 182 ff saves weight over the 172 ff due to the lack of spare wheel well and spare wheel

clio 182 (05)
ok..... so...... a 182 cup is the one i nearly bought, looks crap inside (my opinion) and had no "goodies" in order to make it lighter = faster!

and a 182ff has the extras of the cup; suspension, spoiler etc.... but still all the goodies nothing taken away.... do i have it?

VRS
ok..... so...... a 182 cup is the one i nearly bought, looks crap inside (my opinion) and had no "goodies" in order to make it lighter = faster!

and a 182ff has the extras of the cup; suspension, spoiler etc.... but still all the goodies nothing taken away.... do i have it?

yeah matey

you can get a full fat 182 (all the goodies) plus the options of a cup spoiler pack (large rear spoiler and front splitter) and the cup suspension pack (anthracite wheels and slightly lower and stiffer suspension)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

from letstorquebhp.com:

phquick 1059
172 cup 1011
172 ff 1110
182 cup 1060
182 ff 1080
trophy 1070

197 1240

the 182 ff saves weight over the 172 ff due to the lack of spare wheel well and spare wheel

but has an extra rear silencer, so it will be a wee bit lighter, but not a lot imo

VRS
from letstorquebhp.com:

phquick 1059
172 cup 1011
172 ff 1110
182 cup 1060
182 ff 1080
trophy 1070

197 1240

but has an extra rear silencer, so it will be a wee bit lighter, but not a lot imo

yeah its splitting hairs really :D

clio 182 (05)
sweet. can the suspension get added on aftermarket or is it just as well get any uprated suspension?
another question then is which clio is peoples fav, and y? would like to see argument for and against on this 1, because i see i lot of people with cups or ff's but not as many "normals" when they dont seem to make much differance (to me any ways)

sweet. can the suspension get added on aftermarket or is it just as well get any uprated suspension?
another question then is which clio is peoples fav, and y? would like to see argument for and against on this 1, because i see i lot of people with cups or ff's but not as many "normals" when they dont seem to make much differance (to me any ways)

You can fit the suspension over yes depends what car ou have any want suspension wise as to the other bits you need 172 normal to CUp is easy just need the shocks and springs.

Personally the phaser 1 172 is the best RS of the Mk2 but the Williams is the best RS they have done IMO. It does depends what you look for though.

Ph-Quick
i went for the Full Fat as yes teh cup maybe that little bit faster(hardly noticable i would have thought) and may handle that bit better but nothing a set or sportlines wouldnt sort out or simply suspension swop, i just prefer having the few luxuries!

IMO the interior is so much nicer and having things like climate control and zenons is just nice and useful, if your gonna track your car then yeh teh cup but if its for everyday use i prefer to be sat with a few luxuries!

Mk4 .:R32
the FF with both cup packs is the best of both worlds. interior and toys with the better suspension, spoiler and wheels. job done

so what the price like between 182 and 182FF

There is no normal 182 realy only

The normal full fat which has the option of the cup suspension and spolier packs

and

The 178 Cup which was a lower spec normal car as such but with the cup suspension and spolier as standard.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Pulling power is better with a FF than a cup. Although I don't mean the torque figures, I mean when a lady gets in and goes "oooh this is nice".

Elise S1 B&C 140
Its got to be a full fat, nice to have all the toys. The difference in 0-60 is about 0.5 secs (barely noticable). Fair enough the cup handles better, which is why i will be upgrading the suspension on the FF. A few simple mods and the FF is the better car. IMO