ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 2011

Audi S1
I don't no if this has been covered in here already but in Manager mode on 2010 you had a budget of say £100,000,000 and a wage budget of £300,000. If like me you get into a season and carry it on for a few seasons, sometime you end up with something like £2-300,000,000 and a wage budget of £30,000 for example. Well on Fifa 11 you can manage you money so you can deduct money from your bank balance and use it for your wage budget. Personally one of the best this they have introduced :) Online pass worked for me btw.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I had a few games last night too, just in Exhibition mode, on Professional level. I too found it a bit hard. Hardly any time on the ball and closed down very quickly. Drew 2-2 with Twente in my first game, then had a few 0-0's with Manchester City in the Live Season game (true to life, I guess).

Don't want to drop down to semi-pro as it's too easy, so might try World Class and see how that works out.

Also went into practice to sort my penalties out, as I was really struggling with shoot outs in the draws I had in Exhibition mode. Christ. Think I've sorted it now I know how it works. The hints and guiding aim in practice mode are really helpful.

Going to sort all my chants out later for in-game. I can see that being a long process...

Is there any sort of online cup?

Fifa WC edition you could just play random opponents or you could do a WC type thing with the group and see how you progress..

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No idea mate, I was just playing between the Spurs game last night. It's bloody difficult trying to make space to do anything, but I think that's due to the Professional difficulty. World Class is apparently a lot better, even though it's supposed to be harder. Weird.

Thankfully worked out how to take penalties using that practise mode though, it's very helpful, TBH.

Also been editing a few players :cool:

I have my Spurs chants all ready to go! Not sure I will bother with the other teams, depends how much time I have on my hands!!

FN2 Type R GT
Does it play any differently to the demo? Will probably take a trip to asda at midnight and see if they have it, are we thinking they will release at midnight?

Or buy another game at tescos then return it? doubt theyd charge extra when the other game is brought back to what should have been charged for fifa..

172 Cup
Does it play any differently to the demo? Will probably take a trip to asda at midnight and see if they have it, are we thinking they will release at midnight?

Or buy another game at tescos then return it? doubt theyd charge extra when the other game is brought back to what should have been charged for fifa..

My local Asda isn't a 24hour store but there doing a midnight opening, I'll be trading in WC against Fifa 11.

No idea mate, I was just playing between the Spurs game last night. It's bloody difficult trying to make space to do anything, but I think that's due to the Professional difficulty. World Class is apparently a lot better, even though it's supposed to be harder. Weird.

Thankfully worked out how to take penalties using that practise mode though, it's very helpful, TBH.

Also been editing a few players :cool:

I've played on the most difficult and usually win 1-0, but the time goes too fast.

Had a bash on the easy one. Half each with a mate. I scored 8 in the second half! LOL.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive not got Fifa 10, but ive got Fifa 09, and the demo of Fifa 11 seems a lot harder than Fifa 09

im getting it from Asda as its the cheapest

BMW E46 330i Touring
It's like an infection, spreading through CS:

"Good day Sir, I would like to purchase a copy of your finest FIFA 11 for £25. I shall return tomorrow to buy another full price game that I don't actually want"...

182 RB FF
Might say I will come back to get the other one later, but obviously dont

Brilliant!

While I'm there I'll also pick up my FREE bar of Chocolate from the "Buy One Get One Free" offer and tell them I'll be back tomorrow to buy the one I have to pay for.

FN2 Type R GT
you might joke but....

when i used to work at m&s over xmas the 3 for 2 deals they do give people the ability to bring back the 3rd (free) item for either a credit voucher or money back, even if tescos gave me credit for the other chart game id be able to use it as i shop their weekly for food etc, unless i use this as an excuse to purchase halo reach even though im not sure on it....

Or do tescos allow you to bring things back without the receipt? could just return the other chart game bought with fifa for credit....

172 Cup
I called my local Asda they've only got 50 copies for xbox and 50 for ps.

Plus they're opening at midnight, what a pathetic amount of games in stock though.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I get the feeling people are overestimating the magnitude of the release of this game. The general public won't really bat an eyelid.

My mate went last year at midnight for it... Said there was pretty much no-one queueing to buy it, so im guessing 50 will be more than plenty.

Were going down tonight to get it, so hopefully will be the same. Walk in, get game, walk out, cya bye!

BMW E46 330i Touring
And you don't think they looked at last years sales figures before buying in their stock?

People in here? No I don't think they have assessed sales figures.

My point was that people in this thread are discussing stock levels and buying at midnight to guarantee availability. My assumption is that there won't be a problem getting a copy, it's hardly a groundbreaking game...

172 Cup
Yea I understand what your saying.

I'll see how it goes not to fussed as long as I can get a copy this evening rather than before work tomorrow.

F56 MINI Cooper S

My point was that people in this thread are discussing stock levels and buying at midnight to guarantee availability. My assumption is that there won't be a problem getting a copy, it's hardly a groundbreaking game...
Well what do you call a groundbreaking game?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Don't know, I'm not a massive gamer, but I'd imagine something original that has press attention, sustained TV advertising and a hype built around it (MW2 style).

To most people, this is just the next in the long line of FIFA games. The changes are significant to the faithful FIFA followers but most people are casual games who 'may' pick this up if they think about it or see it whilst browsing.

Clio 182 cup'd

I meant the supermarkets but nevermind.

Clio 182 cup'd
Don't know, I'm not a massive gamer, but I'd imagine something original that has press attention, sustained TV advertising and a hype built around it (MW2 style).

To most people, this is just the next in the long line of FIFA games. The changes are significant to the faithful FIFA followers but most people are casual games who 'may' pick this up if they think about it or see it whilst browsing.

Good job FIFA has such a massive fan base then!

DCi
every time ive been in a supermarket to try and get a game they never bleeding have it.

my play.com order hasn't been posted yet either :( even though it was at 'packing' on monday (play said it should have been posted within 24 hours - lol!)

so i've told our missus to take a copy off the shelf when she opens the shop tomorrow and put it in her desk for me ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
Revels - where are you getting it tomorrow? I'm tempted to go up tesco in a bit.