ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fifth Gear Tonight, Clio 182

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Here's a 200 cup against Tony Hunters daily driver,
he told me they f*ked him about something chronic and treated his car like sh*t. :dapprove:

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't they fiddle the times also?

Oh yeah forgot about that, his standard cup was quicker than the 200,
but miraculously in the final cut it was slower.

Although if your TV show made their new flagship model look slower than an older model,
Renault would probably be reluctant to lend you any more cars.

Clio 182,172 phase 1
Just seen the advert for the new fifth gear series on the disco channel , shouldn't be to long

RB Clio 182
Re: Archived Post from old forum

Indeed they did, I still have the script somewhere, as they left it in my car.

Did you mention it to them?

I would have got back in touch with them and asked them why the tv episode showed the 200 to be quicker when it wasnt.

182cup & 172 racecar

I would have got back in touch with them and asked them why the tv episode showed the 200 to be quicker when it wasnt.[/QUOTE

Why, what do I care?

It's a marketing exercise, they are not going to say the new model is slower, somebody high up at Renault did deny it though when I quizzed them.

RB Clio 182

I would have got back in touch with them and asked them why the tv episode showed the 200 to be quicker when it wasnt.[/QUOTE

Why, what do I care?

It's a marketing exercise, they are not going to say the new model is slower, somebody high up at Renault did deny it though when I quizzed them.

It just shows we can never believe everything we see on the box, it would be nice to see a true outcome, i thought that was the whole point in the test.

330i. E30 Touring.
Chris Harris talked about this in an article specifically to do with Ferrari,
but i'm sure most if not all car companies fiddle test drives and media cars to get the desired result for their marketing campaign.

http://jalopnik.com/5760248/how-ferrari-spins

Every manufacturer makes sure their press cars are the best they can be, but certain manufacturers have always been known in the industry to make them that little bit extra special. Ie, GT3 dampers on a track only test..,