ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fifth Gear Tonight, Clio 182

I saw an earlier thread on tonights fifth gear episode. It was suggesting that the Clio 182 and Civic Type R were going head to head. I have had a look at the website and it is not mentioned.

Does anyone know when its on????

Thanks

Octavia VRS

8 or 8.30 tonight, hope its repeated tommorow, said id take the woman to see bridget jones 2!!! :(

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 15 November 2004

8 or 8.30 tonight, hope its repeated tommorow, said id take the woman to see bridget jones 2!!! :(
Unlucky mate, personally cant think of a more hellish evening. I had to suffer the same fate as you on Sunday.

Take a pillow.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 15 November 2004

Unlucky mate, personally cant think of a more hellish evening. I had to suffer the same fate as you on Sunday.

Take a pillow.
i had a feeling it would be this bad mate..... lol

Lee

BMW M2C

Jeremy rekons its on tonights show.

They do repeat it Tuesday night. Ill record it then I can always capture it to pc if need be.

I reckon it will be a dead heat. ;)

172, Tiguan

Take a pillow.

As Jonathan Ross said "its like sitting in a coach full of old women, listening to a crap CD"

LMFAO

Octavia VRS

5th gear always has some stupid features like how to drive in a war zone or how to become a stunt driver- pillocks!! Just show us what we want to see!!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Take a pillow.

As Jonathan Ross said "its like sitting in a coach full of old women, listening to a crap CD"

LMFAO
its that bad, and then one of them farts!!! it really is, sometimes having a girlfriend is a nightmare!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

5th gear always has some stupid features like how to drive in a war zone or how to become a stunt driver- pillocks!! Just show us what we want to see!!!
Yes because how to drive up a mountain or play conkers with caravans is something we all do at lunchtime huh!

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 15 November 2004

Take a pillow.

LMFAO
its that bad, and then one of them farts!!! it really is, sometimes having a girlfriend is a nightmare!
i will give my expert opinion tomorrow in the off topic section!! She wouldnt even watch 2 Fast 2 Furious with me on Sky the other nite, its always take take take with women!!!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Like VBH naked ;)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 15 November 2004

Like VBH naked ;)

Yes Please :D

The times so far:-

Ducati 999 = 49.25 secs
Lamborghini Gallardo = 49.69 secs
BMW M3CSL = 50:08 secs
Lotus Elise 111R = 51.89 secs
Vauxhall VX220T = 51.96 secs
BMW M3 = 52:08 secs
BMW Z4 3.0 = 53:03 secs
Porsche Boxster 2.7 = 54.60 secs
Old Honda Civic Type R = 54.90 secs
Seat Leon Cupra R = 56.0 secs
Citroen C2 GT = 56.5 secs
Ford SportKa = 57.0 secs
Skoda VRS = 57.03 secs
Mini Cooper = 58.03 secs
Ford Transit = 61.90
Mercedes Sprinter = 67.2 secs

My Guess is that it will complete the circuit in 54.2 seconds

Any other guesses? We could get a bit of a sweepstake going here.....

Lets hope it is on tonight after all!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 15 November 2004

me and me mate are going to be watching this as he has the civic and i have the clio. hope the clio does his lol
Never mind sodding 5th gear..get it on for real !!!!

On a track of course ;)

CLIO 197 Ultra red

Than MCN dude who rode the Duke999 dark was ace... backing it into every corner... excellent rider!.. Pi55ed all over a £200000 car on a bottom of the range Ducati too.. Bikes rule.. Soz, i love my clio but bikes r where its at if u want to go quick...

Just wish they used a propper bike like a zx-10r or r1 to race the lambo.. It would have been an embarressment for 4 wheels..

seem to remember a basic 911 and a R1 going head to head (forget which programme) and the 911 beat it, not by much admittedly but it won, the bike was quicker on the straights but on the bends the car pissed on it.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

It was jeremy clarkson vid. They took 3 attempts to get the photo finish. the bike kept pi55ing all over the car. A car wouldnt beat a bike on a track like thruxton which is where the film was shot. its all about accelerating/top end and heavy braking, where bikes are so much stronger. It was rigged..

Just look at EVO/TWO magazine when a GSX-R 1000 destroyed everything from a Lambo to Westfield. Only thing which could come close was that race car radical thing...With a bike engine incidently... lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Bikes are quicker to an extent but ultimately cars rule.......

In most cases the bike has things heavily swayed in its favour for car vids but if you look at the facts:

The crescent GSX1000-R for example is a highly moded bike costing three times that of its showroom cousin,A macca f1 beats a standard GSXR 1000 one of these as standard going on book figures (forget the price for a mo)as does the koenigsegg cc,the enzo and maybe a GT porche.

If you want to look at lap times,The fastest lap by a superbike this year at silverstone was 1.27.573....The fastest race lap in a porche GT cup this year was 1,26.583 which is almost a full second quicker than the fastest bikes you can get......The conditions for both these laps were dry and sunny by the way.............And lets be honest porche cup cars are little more than modded road cars........im sorry ken 182 but bikes are not king...sorry

ian

CLIO 197 Ultra red

How else can u do 170mph for 6k, really feel what speed is like and look the bollox doing it?

Not only that but almost anyone can drive a car quick. To ride bike qiuick takes so much more and give so much back in doing so... Balls, skill, positioning your body... its so much more involved..

Bikes r so much more personal and different to cars. Non bikers wouldnt understand the pure joy of a sunny sunday and a bike. Every corner is an event on a bike.. every roundabout a godsend.. Honest, cars just dont understand... I love my clio but if i had to lose one the ZX-6R wins every time.. The clio just doesnt compare..

Yaris Hybrid

Anyway, looks like it aint on.

Instead we basically get a repeat of the Aston review that we saw yesterday on Top Gear.

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by ken182 on 15 November 2004

How else can u do 170mph for 6k, really feel what speed is like and look the bollox doing it?

Not only that but almost anyone can drive a car quick. To ride bike qiuick takes so much more and give so much back in doing so... Balls, skill, positioning your body... its so much more involved..

Bikes r so much more personal and different to cars. Non bikers wouldnt understand the pure joy of a sunny sunday and a bike. Every corner is an event on a bike.. every roundabout a godsend.. Honest, cars just dont understand... I love my clio but if i had to lose one the ZX-6R wins every time.. The clio just doesnt compare..

HEAR HEAR - my mates lotus 111r with the top off is as near as i have been to my blade but still nowhere near as fast or as exhilerating

Clio 200 Cup packed

they cant show the untouchable type-r gettin whipped by a little french piece of plastic though, can they!!!!???

Astra VXR 17/05/07

It started late,had a break for adverts and finished at 5 to 9

Its only bloody on for 20 minutes !!!!

Funny as fook no Clio !!! I waited like everyone else but think its funny it wasnt on !!!

Oh and next week....the new Golf !!!! :D

CLIO 197 Ultra red

All the mag reviews ive read say the 182 blitzes the civic for real world pace and driver involvement....

Civic looks like a bread van!