ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, X-Box)

Golf R soon...
Out on the 9th March! :D

Completely forgot about it!

I will be pre ordering a copy soon.

Been a fan of the Final Fantasy series since I got my original Playstation with FFVII, which is the best one so far in my opinion.

Anyone else a fan and getting it?

AK

M240i
I'll get it.. eventually... i've so many games to play atm that I can wait for it to come down a bit in price too..

Got BFBC on order tho and it's out the same time..

Golf R soon...
I'll get it.. eventually... i've so many games to play atm that I can wait for it to come down a bit in price too..

Got BFBC on order tho and it's out the same time..

Last game I played was Uncharted 2 so I am due a game to play! :)

AK

M240i
LOL i'm too glued to MW2 MP, i've got Bioshock 1 & 2 to complete along with another 3/4 games LOL

RB Clio 182
Ill definately be getting this. Trailers look pretty good.

The good old days of FF7 were the best by far, all the hours spent wasting my life away on that lol.

I never played 7 as it never appealed to me.

I have played, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, and 12! :)

I felt the most connected to 10 and 10-2, followed by 4 and then it's close between 8 and 9.
12 had the best plot and gameplay IMO though.

Oh and I have pre-ordered the special edition for 13. :)
Unfortunately I missed out on the pet chocobo! :dapprove:

Golf R soon...
VII was easily the best.

Loved that game.

It's been downhill since then IMO :(

In some ways I agree with you, Nothing has beaten FF7. 8 was pretty good though as was 10 and 10 part 2.

Ill definately be getting this. Trailers look pretty good.

The good old days of FF7 were the best by far, all the hours spent wasting my life away on that lol.

I downloaded the English international trailer on the my PS3 the other day and I must say I am impressed!

Same here, dread to think the time I put into that game.

I felt the most connected to 10 and 10-2, followed by 4 and then it's close between 8 and 9.
12 had the best plot and gameplay IMO though.

Oh and I have pre-ordered the special edition for 13. :)
Unfortunately I missed out on the pet chocobo! :dapprove:

Chocobo's got to love them :eek:

You have to play 7, definitely the best story and characters.

Sephiroth was such a good enemy!

VII Was awesome, ultima and omega weapon etc. Wasted many months on that game.

VIII Was good too, havnt played any since. Might try 13 tho..

Golf R soon...
VII Was awesome, ultima and omega weapon etc. Wasted many months on that game.

VIII Was good too, havnt played any since. Might try 13 tho..

Come to think FF7 is the best game I have ever played...nothing beats it.

I do wish they would remake it with todays graphics :dapprove:

Golf R soon...
I've actually been meaning to watch advent children.
How is it related to 7?

Its set two years after the end of FF7 the game.

Its like a sequel film to the game if that makes sense.

Its great to watch, got it on DVD round here somewhere.

Golf R soon...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Ultimate fail!

I've only played VII... it was awesome. After that I didn't really play any games for years, but I'm looking forward to XIII. Like others though, just got too many other things to play atm and I just can't find the time these days :(

Golf R soon...
Just ordered my copy from Game using loyal points and X-Mas vouchers, pretty much free :)

Nimbus 197
definitely going to get this but doubt I'll have any time to play it. not going to bother with pre ordering though as with the past 5 big game releases, Asda have been selling them at £25 or something stupid like that on release day. Although I'm not sure if FF is popular enough for them to do this.

Evo 8 MR
I've pre-ordered a limited edition copy, really excited for this one, hope it fullfills it's potential.

Was a little dissapointed with 12, they left it too long imo and it felt outdated especially the graphics, I was rushing through it though as I was busy as hell at the time. Then I flogged it for £20 to a mate about two weeks after release.

Punto/Clio GTT
played every final fantasy game, ff7 is the best game ever, seriously wish they would do a remake of it, although crisis core was pretty friggin good for the psp.

wont be getting ff13 though as i thought ff12 was the worst ff ive ever played. battle system was appaulling

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
According to reporting by Ve3tro which is in the process of reviewing the game ahead of its release on March 9, the Xbox 360 version provides an option for installing the game to your hard drive to improve performance and loading times

Upon choosing this optional installation, each of three discs write approximately 6 GB of data to the hard drive. That fills more than 18 GB of space, which is more space than what is made available on a 20 GB Xbox 360 hard drive.

Fortunately, the install is optional, so if you don't have the space, you don't have to use the feature.

Linky:
http://play.tm/news/29209/18gb-install-for-final-fantasy-xiii/

played every final fantasy game, ff7 is the best game ever, seriously wish they would do a remake of it, although crisis core was pretty friggin good for the psp.

wont be getting ff13 though as i thought ff12 was the worst ff ive ever played. battle system was appaulling

I loved the change in 12 tbh! :D

AK

M240i
Anyone any word about supermarkets doing it cheap on launch day? Anyone work at supermakets?

Nissan 350z
Anyone any word about supermarkets doing it cheap on launch day? Anyone work at supermakets?

They only do that for massive titles like World of Warcraft or Call of Duty. This release will go relatively un-noticed i imagine in the grand scheme of things, just like the last Final Fantasy game did (Last Remnant anyone?).

Nissan 350z
Heh. Taken from /v/:

>The reduced size of FFXIII can easily be explained by more aggressive compression in the game's large array of CGI cut-scenes. Of the total 39.4GB that makes up the Japanese FFXIII on PS3, a quick look at the file structure on the Blu-ray disc suggests that a whopping 32.6GB of it is dedicated entirely to the video sequences, leaving just 6.8GB for the actual gameplay.

Final Fantasy 13 has 7gigs of actual gameplay with 32gigs of video.

FINAL FANTASY 13 in a nutshell

-No towns/cities
-No overworld
-NO Mini-games
-No transportation (air ship/boat/car)
-No FF victory fanfare
-No money is earned, you barter like in Xenosaga 2
-Carbon-copy of FFX's Sphere Grid system
-Only 6 "jobs" to choose from
-EXTREMELY linear dungeon design
-AI controlled party members
-Traditional sidequests and optional dungeons are gone, only monster hunting post-game quests
-Streamline combat for casuals (control only 1 party member for starter)
-Butchered steampunk designed summons
-No Magic outside of battle
-Magic and Attack are the same in battle, no MP bar.