ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally bought my dream 172 cup - then crashed it 3 days later :(

So gutted that this is the reason for my first post! :( :(

Crashed this morning, bumper, lights, slam panel, bonnet and windscreen all buggered. Managed to drive home (40 minutes) with no problems thankfully, and have just been looking around for the best option for going forward.

No idea how much it's going to cost to fix it up - only paid £1250 for it so thinking maybe I should break it.

If I break it, how much am I likely to get for all the other parts, all of which are in good condition?

Alternatively, how much am I likely to pay for all of the above? I can fit them myself apart from the windscreen.

It's a 52 plate with 90k, in otherwise very good condition.

Many thanks for any input, and if anyone wants to sell me an entire front end in Mondial Blue, that'd be great also!

Interesting to note, the airbag didn't go off!

c4GGpzU.jpg
ZSDzbwR.jpg

I had overtaken a guy a little earlier, he didn't like it - overtook me in a crazy fashion, then a little further up the road he slammed on. My fault for pissing him off, his fault for taking it too far.

Gutted :(

I had overtaken a guy a little earlier, he didn't like it - overtook me in a crazy fashion, then a little further up the road he slammed on. My fault for pissing him off, his fault for taking it too far.

Oh dear ! Well ignoring that its always repairable , but it's not going be cheap that's a heavy hit suspect chassis legs possibly ! I'd get it stripped see and if its bad break it

I've had a good look, all the chassis seems fine - just the front slam panel that's knackered. The beam(?) that runs across the front is ever so slightly pushed back in the middle, but underneath is all good and the structure behind the wings is all fine too.

I've had a good look, all the chassis seems fine - just the front slam panel that's knackered. The beam(?) that runs across the front is ever so slightly pushed back in the middle, but underneath is all good and the structure behind the wings is all fine too.

Depends on how you want to do it then , if the slam panels only slightly bent pull it straight or just cover it with a new bumper , I assume the bonnet top panel will need replacing along with the bonnet and bumper ! Repairable though none the less

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Interesting to note, the airbag didn't go off!

c4GGpzU.jpg
ZSDzbwR.jpg

When I wrote my 172Cup off in 2009...my airbags never went off either. Car was written off...and front end (which had recently been resprayed and looking immaculate) was ruined.

172 Ph2

How is it your fault for pissing him off by just overtaking.

Something tells me that's not quite the whole story, you didn't overtake in a crazy fashion did you? ;)

Well, it might not be the WHOLE story, but fair to say we were both to blame as I said. Luckily there is an independent witness who saw him slam on for no reason, so hopefully I won't be paying for his repair work too.

Beasley - the slam panel is entirely contorted, and a replacement seems to be under £20 so that will definitely be worth replacing.

Found a bonnet and bumper on eBay I think - registered for the Club sections but found nothing for me there :( Will be useful for the future I guess.

What are the non-OE headlights like that are on ebay for £50-60 like?

Well, it might not be the WHOLE story, but fair to say we were both to blame as I said. Luckily there is an independent witness who saw him slam on for no reason, so hopefully I won't be paying for his repair work too.

Beasley - the slam panel is entirely contorted, and a replacement seems to be under £20 so that will definitely be worth replacing.

Found a bonnet and bumper on eBay I think - registered for the Club sections but found nothing for me there :( Will be useful for the future I guess.

What are the non-OE headlights like that are on ebay for £50-60 like?

Cant say I've ever used one of the headlights mate , had one for my fiesta and one for a customers golf both ok!

For £20 if put the slam panel on too! Lol there's many bargains in the for sale area saved me a fortune like you say useful in the future ! Hope you get it all sorted mate

Got a bonnet for £30 and a bumper for £50.

Not looking too bad.

The windscreen is my fault - I drove for a mile and the bloody bonnet flew up and cracked it :( Looks like this will be the most expensive repair as well.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
That is how mine looked after crash. Notice Turini snapped between spokes.
Photo0126.jpg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Road rage ;)

If you're fully comp insured could you not just pay the excess to have the screen changed?

Thanks guys.

Thomas - yes those are the exact ones I was looking at. Nice one. My current ones are badly aged anyway, so that's one good thing.

Just heard that the bonnet is now unavailable - damaged in a move unfortunately. So if anyone hears of a bonnet in Mondial blue going, please let me know.

Clio 182
If you decide to sell parts I would be interested in your wheels
pm me if you do
cheers

​or I would be interested in whole car if u wanna sell cheap

Clio 182
If you decide to sell parts I would be interested in your wheels
pm me if you do
cheers

or I would be interested in whole car if u wanna sell cheap

Hi Aaron - I think it's going to be worth repairing, I have managed to source all the parts apart from a bonnet. Thanks for your interest however :)

Fiesta ST2
Airbags don't go off for a small impact. Theres a point where the airbags going off will cause more harm than good.

Hope you get the car sorted mate.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Airbags react over certain deceleration thresholds. If this wasn't a quick enough retardation (pun almost intended) to trigger it, then they won't fire.

RB197
giorgio - I also had an accident (my fault) on black ice few days before Christmas :-( luckily my airbags didn't go off. Got all the parts fairly cheap off here and eBay. Just waiting to get them sprayed.

e9ydupu3.jpg