ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally. I bought an ///M3.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
:race:

Well, after wanting one for the past 8 years (2 of my mates at uni had them) & essentially saying 'M3' on here for the past few months, i finally manned up & bought one. Well, thats not strictly true as i wanted one before i went to Thailand, but couldnt find one that ticked all the right boxes, hence the drunken eBay purchase of the 330 ...

It essentially needed to be an individual (purely as i wanted something a little different to the usual silver, grey or black) and a blue based colour (as its my favourite), which meant either Estoril (like the one i lusted over at uni for 2 years), Avus (like my 328i Sport), Silverstone, Atlantis, or Velvet blue. Now estoril is fairly popular, but attracts ‘estoril blue’ tax, & the others, well its easier to find rocking horse sh1t. To make matters worse, I wanted black leather.

After much scouring, I found an Avus one in July, which whilst stunning from a distance, had rust in places where it shouldn’t, & a rather large (40k) hole in the service history. It also drive like a bag of spanners, & almost made me question whether I really even wanted an M3, it didn’t feel quick, at all!!! Doh. So I bought the 330, but didn’t put my private plate on it ;)

Fast forward 2 months, & the search has continued, on a daily basis, since I got back from Thailand. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Oh. Hai. Went to look, good history, recent insp2, new discs/pads all round, ’03 facelift, running in check done, bearing recall done, satnav, black leather, heated seats, oh, & one of the rarest colours of them all. Velvet Blue. Needs a few cosmetic bits & bobs, but that was factored into the price … best of all, even though I traded it in, I had two months free motoring out of the 330 as well lol. Win win.

So last night I collected it. The wait has been worthwhile. That rasp. Oh dear lord :hail:

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

And yes, the tints are coming off asap. I iz not a drug dealer yo :quiet:

Oh, and ill take some better pictures once i've cleaned it, i just wanted to start a thread :eek:

340i
I know exactly what you mean about the individuality comment, 99% of M3's are either silver, black or grey..

I really like that colour! :approve:

CBR1K, F21 125D
Is that Techno Violet? Never seen a E46 in the flesh with that, only E36. Love it.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Is that Techno Violet? Never seen a E46 in the flesh with that, only E36. Love it.

Nah, its Velvet Blue, similar to Techo Violet (which is also v. rare) but quite a bit more purpley.

Barstard. Il say it again, b*****d. How much fcuk face? x

Ha ha, thought you might say that :rasp: Everything i said before about M3's via pm, ignore that, the previous one i drove was clearly a nail.

Flipping epic car. ITB's. As standard. FTW.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Nice, as I said in your other thread I really like that colour and not one you see every day!

S3 Sportback, Ninja
About f**king time! Looks to be a nice one mate, the 2 things that let me down on the m3 were the seats and the brakes. Ive sorted the seats/seating position and will be upgrading to a BBK when me brakes are shafted. Everything I have owned prior to the m3 I have thought was a good car but since the M3 everything else I ever get into is just a bit 'meh'. The sound of the rasp is truely addictive I have owned mine for about 8 months and still give it a foot full to 4k just to hear that rasp. I wanted to upgrade to a better exhaust but so many exhaust lose the rasp which is sacralidge. It seems the only way you can retain it is with a supersprint with race cats or a group m. Both ridicolous money.

What plans have you got for it? Id reccomend a decent set of coilovers initially, transforms the car!

Turbos.
If i could be arsed, i'd go back to the 330 thread and find where you belittled the M3, LOL! I saw through your feeble justifications from the outset!

Anyway, it is an M3, so a great car. Not sure that i'd want one in the colour of a throbbing penis, but it'll do. The leather needs some attention though, and get that gearstick swapped for something more modern...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You commuting in it?

Yup. Thats the main reason why i wanted an M3 tbh, i can commute in it, but it still offers enough thrills to be my only car ...

Nice one Dave, there goes the money for the house deposit ;)

Well yes, Sarah's not an entirely happy bunny, but we're not buying for 9-12 months, so i've a little while to build it back up again, ie not eat.

About f**king time!

What plans have you got for it? Id reccomend a decent set of coilovers initially, transforms the car!

lol, yeah, been a while coming ;)

Plans wise, just going to freshen it up really, wheel refurb, little bit of bodywork, tidy the interior plastics up a little bit, etc. Mods wise, probably nothing for a very long time. Need to stick some money back in the piggy bank!!! Maybe some coilovers at some point, in the very distant future though.

Nice one! I was looking into these too, but didn't fancy the running costs :(

I dont fancy them either lol, need to make sure i earn lots of commission to pay for it all!!!!

If i could be arsed, i'd go back to the 330 thread and find where you belittled the M3, LOL! I saw through your feeble justifications from the outset!

Anyway, it is an M3, so a great car. Not sure that i'd want one in the colour of a throbbing penis, but it'll do. The leather needs some attention though, and get that gearstick swapped for something more modern...

Ha ha, was waiting for your input :eek: yeah, 330 was a feeble excuse lol. Last M3 i drove was clearly a nail though, this one goes like a rocket ship!! Gearstick is woeful though, im assuming its 6 inches long to fit a lightbulb in it ...

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Be careful where you take it for a wheel refurb as there is only a handful of places that can bring the wheels back to oem finish most will just powdercoat them. If you have some spare wheels or can do without the car for a week id highly recomend Hassle on m3cutters. His work is second to none

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Very nice.

Do you commute along the M3 at all, I'm up and down it every day and never see you?

*Hint at wanting you to blast past

Edit: Enough fun to be your only car.. you getting rid of the Pink Bus?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Passenger ride tonight pls?

+1
Never ever been for a blat in an M3 so curious to see if the fuss Dave has been making ALL this time is justified.
I also want to see him crying like a baby (or just like Vish) at how thirsty it is.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Glad to see you've finally got one mate, fcuking love that colour! Very jealous. If you ever want pwettty pictures doing, you know where I am ;)