ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally. I bought an ///M3.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
p**n! Love the colour.

If you could hold on to this one longer than normal, and then let me know before you put an advert up on it, it'd be much appreciated :eek:

+1
Never ever been for a blat in an M3 so curious to see if the fuss Dave has been making ALL this time is justified.
I also want to see him crying like a baby (or just like Vish) at how thirsty it is.

I don't think the difference from a 330i to M3 is that horrific on fuel (it's all the other potential costs that scare me!). Fortunately Ollie, once the tears hit this face they're worth a bit so I can sell them for petrol money ;)

S3 Sportback, Ninja
TBH m3's arent bad on fuel I get about 25mpg average.. Its the maintence thats the killer

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
How does it compare to the 330?

330 is very very smooth, & deceptively fast - you just waft along really, although it is quite fun to hustle down a backroad. Gearbox & clutch are quite light & altogether, its pretty easy to drive, whether you want to dawdle, or fly along.

In comparison, the M3 is a rather grumpy, angry kind of thing (esp. when cold) - kinda urges to gun it all the time, purely due to that noise at 3.5k rpm ... i get the impression that if i nailed it, in the wet, i would be staring back at the road from either a field/hedge/embankment. This is what makes it though, the ability to go from sensible commuting barge, to angry, noisy bwaaaarp mobile. Love it.

p**n! Love the colour.

If you could hold on to this one longer than normal, and then let me know before you put an advert up on it, it'd be much appreciated :eek:

lol, give it a few months & ill be begging you to take it off me. Still, we'll get loads of Airmiles from Tesco99 i guess ...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very nice Dave, very very nice. Tis a strange colour. I actually prefer Silver/Grey on the M3 but you have a unique (purple :eek:)

That's M3 money.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Bllody hell, does this mean halfpint Chris has to now buy an ek9?! You've been banging on about M3s for only half the time hes wanted japcrap ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Can I have a go? ;)

Oh and are you keeping the T?

Ha ha, if i had a £1 for everytime someone had said that today, well, i could probably afford a bit more fuel ...

Re: the Trophy, i'll probably decide at Christmas what i want to do with it (when the ins runs out) - depending on how expensive running the M3 is, it will either be stripped of s3xy bits & mothballed in the garage for future use, or put up for sale. On the flipside, if the M3 has bankrupted me by then, ill have the Trophy as the daily & my mountain bike as weekend fun lol.

Z4
About time man! It just goes to show you can´t judge a car from just driving one example...

Brilliant cars, although they´re not as fast as people tend to think imo. You´ll find over the next few months the car will grow and grow on you! The more you learn it, the better it is.

The things I miss most about mine are the low end grunt/response and that noise! The S54 is so angry! A Yozzad 182 doesn´t compare lol.

Mpg isn´t too bad, depends what sort of driving you do. My 182 does about twice what the M did though lol.

BMW F21 125d
Awesome, I'm swapping to an M3 early next year now insurance is reasonable and after reading so many threads where you have contributed and now this you certainly will be on my contact list. I'm after a late (55/06) E46 so its going to cost me a few quid. I cannot wait. Enjoy!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The S54 is so angry!

Most definitely more grumpy than the S50 in the Z3M as well i reckon!!

Its just ticked over 93k Phil, so much lower mileage than some of the other ones i looked at - had Insp 2 & new f/r discs & pads less than 3k ago as well. Does need two front tyres though ...

And *Badger*, as soon as insurance got down to <£850 for me i was on Autotrader every minute of the day lol.

320d
You do a lot of miles don't you Dave? Is the idea to run it into the ground as such? With your 30k+ iirc miles a year in two years it will be very hard to shift. with 150K+ on it.

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL
Most definitely more grumpy than the S50 in the Z3M as well i reckon!!

Its just ticked over 93k Phil, so much lower mileage than some of the other ones i looked at - had Insp 2 & new f/r discs & pads less than 3k ago as well. Does need two front tyres though ...

And *Badger*, as soon as insurance got down to <£850 for me i was on Autotrader every minute of the day lol.

Should have bought mine Dave ;)

Oh and lookie what I got yesterday http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?600733-New-eM-Fwee&p=8030157#post8030157

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
not a fan of m3's tbh.

if you need a number for a company who does diamond cut wheels, send me a pm.
can you keep this long enough so i could see it as ive never seen one that colour in the flesh.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Nice colour, but I personally have never seen the appeal of that generation M3.

I cannot understand how anyone interested in cars cant see the apeal of one of the best allrounders availble... Have you actually driven one?

Astra Twintop
I cannot understand how anyone interested in cars cant see the apeal of one of the best allrounders availble... Have you actually driven one?

Nope, just not a fan of the car.

Not keen on BMW as a car manufacturer generally, I'd much rather own something Japanese myself.

BMW F21 125d

Got a quote last night at £801 so Autotrader has been getting a hammering, I am going to hold out till March time tho, as the Clio has just had a new PAS Pump so want to get some moneys worth out of it! Im looking forward to you writing a real life costing/living with it thread too.

Mk5 golf gti
Japcars feel quicker because of boost but thats not what the M is all about.

best all round car for the money