ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally Joined the 182 Club &Well Chuffed

VRS

made the decision on monday before last to sell up the 1.2 16v dynamique cos really wanted a 182, looked around dealers and autotrader and spotted a rather tasty racing blue on autotrader online. Tuesday came and thought i would ring up the geezer even though he probably wud av sold it buy now but found out he hadnt!!!

drove down to oxford (110miles) and as soon as i saw it i knew it was the 1, put a deposit down and the keys were in my hands by friday :)

got a call about me dynamique on the saturday and she came and paid full asking price in cash on the sunday!!

best week of me life and bin driving everywhere possible with the biggest grin on my face ever since!

the local chavs in the saxos no longer sit up my arse tryin to overtake, instead they sit back and bow out.

hopefully gonna get some pics up soon, rekon i got a bargain, racing blue full fat 182 with both cup packs, immaculate inside and out with no stone chips or scatches and only 7000 miles for 9900!

chuffed to bits but wonderin if any1ss got any advice or tips?

cheers

Good goin Maka...............1.2 to 182................itll take a bit of getting used to...............take it easy ;)

Cya Stu

Megane225FF

advice or tips... as stusV6, bit of a jump there 1.2 to 182, just take it steady there fella. Nice car, keep it that way. :)

artic blue 182

good on ya mate :) i traded in my 1.4 dynamique 5 weeks back for an 04 182 :D

got a mate thats trying to shift a 1.2 dynamique at the moment,just out of interest what did yours go for?? my 1.4 53 plate went to a dealer for 5400 in part ex for the 182 artic blue cup pack and spoilers 10k with 14000 on clock

cheers

dave

Vee dub

Lets see some piccies of the new arrival!

Nice one, prob take a while to get used to the extra 107 horses! lol

Tom

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Welcome to the 182 mob!

They are cracking cars and quite forgiving for the most part. Just take it easy and get used to how it feels. Im still learning after 8 months - its not something you can do in a week! :D

D.

Clio 197

Nice to see that youve replaced "." with "8"...!

Keep your distance from all cars in-front of you - my cars done 15k now, and I have more chips than McDonalds.

Aprart from that... I have no advice really...

Oh, actually, book a trackday!!

VRS

daveio: sold the 2001 1.2 16v dynamique 22000miles, just bin motd but tax runs out at end of month and it needs its 4year service at end of the month. major mods were -40mm apex springs, 17"wolfrace katonas and 2x10" rockford subs wiv pioneer amp. there were a few little things like pedals etc sold for £4200 cash so not too bad for a quick sale. Basically just wanted the money to pay off the bit off cash me sister lent me for the 182 until i got rid of the dynamique!

to every1 else: really enjoyin the motor and gonna take some pics when i get a day off work, really lovin the extra kick of power when it hits 5k rpm

gonna c bout track days and meetin up wiv cliosporters now that ive got a motor thats worth throwing round a track (also wanna drive it to the max safely without the police slapping a ban on me)

one last thing, i used to hate it when the local chavved up vtrs used to drive rite up my arse and try and pester and overtake all the time i me old motor but ive noticed they hang back a lot more with the 182 and are pretty reluctant to try and take me :D

4 weeks on and ive still got a cheesy smile. good choice.

im also still learning how to drive the car. ive not gone screaming off at lights yet but may try it some time just to see what its like. one thing i am trying to do is change gears smoothly so theres nice even accelleration but no juddery kickdowns/ups? (right word?) when i chagne gear.

Enjoy it

Chris RT - Topaz VTS, best colour - had one myself a couple of years ago and still think it was the best car I ever owned....... But give my Cup a couple more months and itll be the second best car I ever owned. Get a 182, you wont be disappointed.