ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally lowered my RenaultSport Clio R27

Megane R26
Over the weekend, as part of a birthday present for me, I had my car lowered on H&R springs, something which I've been meaning to do for a while.

After having detailed 6 cars in the last week, mine was looking rather sorry for itself, so I have it a quick clean with Dodo BTBM, then topped it with something new to me - Rainforest Rub. I must say that it was a pleasure to use, and left a superb wet look to the paint. I can't believe I hadn't tried it sooner!

Some pics:

P1010441.jpg

P1010446.jpg

P1010451.gif

P1010452.jpg

P1010456.jpg

Also, I finally got around to trying a black wheel on my car... what do you think? I'm still not sure...

P1010382.jpg

Spoiler next... then Bilstein shocks :driver:

Cheers,
Russ.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looks good make how much u drop it?

Black wheels look much better :clap:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
haha yeah! i know you've only just lowered on the h&r springs, but how much are coilovers instead for the 197's?

Megane R26
KW V1's are about £750... which may be an option too

The drop is about 20mm on mine, as the Cup suspension is lower anyway. Handling is even better too!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mint!!!
For that price you should have got some H&R coilovers. Colovers dont have to be low, and you'd be suprised how refined they are :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
For such a small drop it looks spot on!:hail:

But shudda got coilies then you could have chose a mad drop :race:

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Like the new stance Russ, how does it feel to drive compared to original set up ?

Bilsteins seems expensive :eek: hope they are worth the money.

Prefer the Anth wheels on yours, maybe black with plenty of tyre gloss?

Surprised you havent tried R,Rub dodo before, then again I'd imagine you have far too many to choose from ;)

I like the R,rub on mine gives a nice gloss, although I put a couple of coats of Heritage on last wkend after a quick wash & was impressed with finish it gave.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Why did you go for the H&R's over the KW's Gaz?

I love your car, it's my hero :) x

Better imo, you wouldnt believe how refined they are on the 197 :)

Only KW's which would be better imo are the V3's

Cheers, its looking proper sorry for itself tbh, the dirty **** look is now the theme!

Megane R26
Well I'm technically a Dodo Authorised Detailer now, so I have to have them all my disposal... even more of a collection! lol.

The handling is transformed. It was epic anyway, but now it's.. erm... majestic! It's amazing how much grip it has and how much speed you can carry into a corner. Love it.

Swift Sport
I can't see your pics, just 'exceeded bandwidth' lol

I know it looks good though as I pretty much watched my mate lower it! :rasp:

Trackday next ;)

120d M Sport
Majestic- maybe start a trend on CS with that?

Russ, I cant see the pics mate, says I need to upgrade to photobucket pro :(

Sure I'll see it in the flesh sometime soon anyway, glad to hear its improved the drive even more

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great Russ. Have you seen this....
DSC04189.jpg

DSC04239.jpg

clio.jpg

DSC04246.jpg

Megane 18's.

WOuldnt go for the black wheels personally. Ride height is good though, I need some of these springs in my life! That and 3 more wheels....