ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car/clio

Clio 1.2 mk2
Yehh found them, might want a bit more than 65mm drop tho already at 60. Have to see haha you got a side on pic of your car as it stands with them coils?

Jap Box
Yehh, the fogs should look good. Do you know if i connect them to the main lights would that pass an mot? So when my main lights were on the front fogs are too?

I think it would class as one bulb interferrance with another so could fail. Not sure though. But if you did that then you would get pulled over my police a lot anyway and people would hate you for having fogs on for no reason.

Maybe wire them up to the battery, put a fuse in line and a switch in the dash somewhere?

Clio 1.2 mk2
I think it would class as one bulb interferrance with another so could fail. Not sure though. But if you did that then you would get pulled over my police a lot anyway and people would hate you for having fogs on for no reason.

Maybe wire them up to the battery, put a fuse in line and a switch in the dash somewhere?

Yehh could be a good idea, may look into that. :D

chumpmobile
racelands/rokkors go lower than you need man

wind em right down and and take out the rear adjusters you'lll be on the deck

chumpmobile
IMG_0607.jpg

theyre around 3/4 of the way down, on 14s, and some tuck...

Clio 1.2 mk2
Sweet dude cheers, i may invest in a pair next month :D
How's your car coming along dweeb? (don't know your name haha)

Yehh found them, might want a bit more than 65mm drop tho already at 60. Have to see haha you got a side on pic of your car as it stands with them coils?

Ignore the quoted heights, they go a lot lower! Especially with no adjusters.

Car looks good, quite close to me! Often head into Stoke :)

Clio 1.2 mk2
Ignore the quoted heights, they go a lot lower! Especially with no adjusters.

Car looks good, quite close to me! Often head into Stoke :)

Thanks mate, give us a shout if your in stoke n up for some photos.. don't really know any good locations tho haha. And my wheels are a bit gash atm covered in brake dust that has burnt on haha.

Love the green mirrors in your pic.. got a progress thread?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You'll look back on this in two year's time and cringe.

The stickers, the colour-coding of every single part, the steel wheels with epic tuck then a 'down and out' sticker on the back. SRS?

You'd have been much better just coding the bumpstrips red, a slight drop on some Aliums or something. Then save for something better.

Clio 1.2 mk2
You'll look back on this in two year's time and cringe.

The stickers, the colour-coding of every single part, the steel wheels with epic tuck then a 'down and out' sticker on the back. SRS?

You'd have been much better just coding the bumpstrips red, a slight drop on some Aliums or something. Then save for something better.

I only have like 2 stickers on there. I've colour coded the strips and the mirrors (much like everyone on here) don't really like the tacky "off black" bits that's all. And only have the steels on because i'm waiting for some turbines and they look better than the shi* trims that were on before. Also awaiting spacers. I've not spent much and I am saving or another car at the same time.

But thanks for the input, any is welcome :) have a look when it's finished :)

350z, Subaru Legacy
Best bit is the video of the pedo bear sticker on the window, made me laugh :p

Personally I'd have gone for more subtle mods, less white - probably left it at the wheels.

Good project thread though, I never take pictures...

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yehh, the fogs should look good. Do you know if i connect them to the main lights would that pass an mot? So when my main lights were on the front fogs are too?

And no i'm not on coils yet. Saving up for some off k-tec maybe? Know any good coils for mega lows? without them being £1000+

The low pics are a cheat. I'm mostly on a low curb hence it being higher on one side. but still fairly low haha.

Why would you want your front fogs on whenever your headlights are on?

Clio 1.2 mk2
Best bit is the video of the pedo bear sticker on the window, made me laugh :p

Personally I'd have gone for more subtle mods, less white - probably left it at the wheels.

Good project thread though, I never take pictures...

Thanks some of the white is coming off, will just be the wheels and badges. Not the door handles or the boot release.

Why would you want your front fogs on whenever your headlights are on?

Just saw a clio with them both on at the same time and thought it looked cool. No particular reason.. won't be doing it anyway now will put a switch in.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Driving around with your fog lights on, especially when it isn't foggy (which you would be, if you were to wire them to work alongside your headlights) is the sign that the driver is an utter bellend. Aside from the fact it looks c*ntish, you're dazzling other road users.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Driving around with your fog lights on, especially when it isn't foggy (which you would be, if you were to wire them to work alongside your headlights) is the sign that the driver is an utter bellend. Aside from the fact it looks c*ntish, you're dazzling other road users.

The front fogs won't dazzle as there lower and not as powerful as a main beam, thats why the main beams make it worse in the fog. Rear fogs yeah are really dazzling but front's i've never been dazzled with. And as I just said I won't be doing it anyway.

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Be careful driving around with your fog lights on last time I check you can get stung by the police.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Been a while since I last posted, and i've still not had the chance to install the 172 lights or the fogs.

However these came in the post today and could not wait so just got them on straight away. Had been waiting for a set for ages and they are in mint condition bar one centre cap.

Enjoy

IMG_1429.gif

IMG_1430.gif

IMG_1431.gif

IMG_1432.gif

IMG_1433.gif

The difference in tire width is massive,

IMG_1434.gif

IMG_1435.gif

IMG_1437.gif

Got them all on quick haha

IMG_1438.gif

IMG_1439.gif

IMG_1442.gif

IMG_1443.gif

IMG_1444.gif

IMG_1447.gif

IMG_1448.gif

Before:

IMG_1124.gif

After:

IMG_1445.gif

Clio 1.2 mk2
Handles and boot release are going solid red. And not sure about the colour yet, I kinda like them as they are

Clio 1.2 mk2
There was a guy on here with white turbines on a red mk2. It did look really good. Gonna leave it a month or two and see.

Thanks god those white steels have gone :) nice car mate

my first car was a fiesta. saying that it was cool, should have kept it :(

Titanium 182
I think it looks cool, but I think you should have left the mirror baseplates black. You can have too much red on the outside and it just looks like... Too colour coded.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Looks much better with the turbines! Just needs to be lower now :p

Thanks mate, i'm getting some coileys next month so will be a bit lower soon.

Also got some pics at work today... the other clio (tommy's) will be on Ronal turbo's by the end of next week!

IMG_1460.gif

IMG_1461.gif

IMG_1462.gif

Also these came today, been waiting for ages. Dual optics can now go in.

IMG_1463.gif

Clio 1.2 mk2
Got the front bumper done today, will be doing the rear tomorrow as long as it's not too windy.

IMG_1495.gif

IMG_1496.gif

Before:

IMG_0824.gif

After:

IMG_1497.gif

Jap Box
Looks good :) did you do the bumpers yourself? If so how many rattle cans did you use to do it all as I still need to get mine done :rasp: finish looks really good too, all the halfords stuff?

Like the turbines, just need he door handles in red and the boot surround, dynamique spoiler and PH2 lights :)